SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Havoc's SL55 AMG Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
I say don't let anyone touch your car until u get some legal advice. Someone else puts their hands on it then the blame of anything going bad or that is wrong gets passed around.

Get legal advice and have an attorney speak to them as to how to handle this situation. Don't play with 50k.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Havoc and New2this- I'm really sorry you guys had to go through this ordeal. I wish you both the best of luck in the future

You let that shop take advantage of you over and over and keep sticking up for him. When will you learn? What happened to the 9s you've talked about so many times?
Latest news flash: Both Dynocomp and Evosport have agreed to dyno and diagnose my car this Monday and Tuesday. Both shops feel EXTREMELY confident that if the hardware installation and the engine compression and leak down test are fine they can easily tune it for larger injectors and overcome the MAF restriction.
Evosport has AEM units sitting on their shelf that can EASILY solve my problem as stated to me directly from Brad. Evosport also works with alot of other German tuners besides Powerchip and one of them includes Kleeemann who WILL custom tune for Evosport because Evosport can assure Kleemann that the car is healthy to begin with.

If it can be done, then the only limitation on the power my car makes would be the blower itself and how fast the rotors can spin because my strengthened block, new forged 9:1 CR pistons, rods, 82mm TB, Maybach transmission and reinforced suspension surely won't be for going low 10's.

I can almost guarantee breaking into the low 10's PLUS have a reliable and comfortable daily driver if either Evosport or DynoComp is in control.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Thericker
That Frankenbomb is FULLY capable of 9's Ehhhh in the 1/8 th mile that is
btw...When can I expect to see some of your drag or track numbers posted?
touche.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I hear that...

Originally Posted by AMGSC
btw...When can I expect to see some of your drag or track numbers posted?
touche.
Soon grass hoppa, soon

PS... Since when is Kleemann doing custom Dyno tunes? Cory told me on more than one occasion "They absolutely don't do dyno tunes"
Old 03-19-2010, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Finally, pry it away from Vadim...

If you haven't sent it to a new shop just yet, I'd have to recommend Marcin in Chicago, he's doing fantastic things Vadim couldn't even dream of to Soulsearchers SL600 in 1/8th the time
Yes, Finally I pried it away! Hey, I gave him more than enough time and now it's time for me to move on.

Thanks for the suggestion Thericker. Unfortunately, my car is currently in storage and will have to stay there until I return home in June.

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Havoc and New2this- I'm really sorry you guys had to go through this ordeal. I wish you both the best of luck in the future
Thanks blackbenzz!

I wish New2this all the best as well. Too bad he couldn't stay the course and have someone else complete his 1000hp SL65 QTT. I however, will stay the course!

Originally Posted by ProjectC55
I say don't let anyone touch your car until u get some legal advice. Someone else puts their hands on it then the blame of anything going bad or that is wrong gets passed around.

Get legal advice and have an attorney speak to them as to how to handle this situation. Don't play with 50k.
I hear you ProjectC55, and I have 3 months to do just that. But I'm not blaming anyone but myself. I wouldn't be in this situation if I would have never paid in full. Lesson learned for sure! And no worries bro, I'm not out $50K as the majority of that went to Victor. I'm out an exhaust system and some other parts. Regardless, I don't want them touching my car ever again. Trust me, you don't know the whole story.. which is total !!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:57 PM

SL65 VRP1000 and 20" Monolites
Yeah.. I agree.. I had my head up my a$$.. my mistake for sure..

There is a lot that happened "behind the scenes" that would totally blow you guys away if you knew..

I've just tried to keep a stiff upper lip, and realize that it was all in my control, and take responsibility for the fiasco..

Good lesson learned for sure..
Old 03-20-2010, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
I got my car semi-completed back in under 24 months so I'm happy.
Are you serious? WOW. You have to be the biggest tool on MBW.

Latest news flash:
I can almost guarantee breaking into the low 10's

What was that you said to me about 4 to 5 months ago....... ohh yeah that your car "poses a serious threat" to my car.

I believe you also said that your car was going to "rape" my car at the track and that I better run 20psi on my drag radials.

So are you ready for now?

Originally Posted by Havoc
Yes, Finally I pried it away! Hey, I gave him more than enough time and now it's time for me to move on.
I think its great that you have made this decision I wish you luck on finishing this project.

Originally Posted by New2this
There is a lot that happened "behind the scenes" that would totally blow you guys away if you knew..
Thinking of the BS that you and Havoc went through makes me sick.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude, Why don't you point me to the thread where I said that. I mentioned that Havoc's car had some real potential back then. I made no mention of my car threatening yours? You are jumping to that conclusion yourself.

So I am confident, persistent and optimistic. So what? Do you have a problem with that? I never put you or your car down nor anybody else's on this forum. So why do you want to be an ***? If you want to insult me on a public forum I suggest you PM me and I will give you my number and we can meet up so you know who I really am. Dude, if you know me I don't take sh*t from anybody. On the keyboard nor in person. Just try and play nice and have some respect for fellow forum members. Don't be a fukin low life and internet tough guy.

I've been ignoring your jabs and immature comments (what's your education and profession anyway?) but it's getting a bit too annoying to see you stalking me on this board. Get a life and mind your own fukin business dude!

Let's take this sh*t offline and not jack Havoc's thread.

Originally Posted by URnext
Are you serious? WOW. You have to be the biggest tool on MBW.

What was that you said to me about 4 to 5 months ago....... ohh yeah that your car "poses a serious threat" to my car.

I believe you also said that your car was going to "rape" my car at the track and that I better run 20psi on my drag radials.

Last edited by AMGSC; 03-20-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Soon grass hoppa, soon

PS... Since when is Kleemann doing custom Dyno tunes? Cory told me on more than one occasion "They absolutely don't do dyno tunes"
Why don't you ask the forum master here yourself through a PM? I believe he and his dad owned this site before it was sold to IB.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude, Why don't you point me to the thread where I said that. I mentioned that Havoc's car had some real potential back then. I made no mention of my car threatening yours? You are jumping to that conclusion yourself.

So I am confident, persistent and optimistic. So what? Do you have a problem with that? I never put you or your car down nor anybody else's on this forum. So why do you want to be an ***? If you want to insult me on a public forum I suggest you PM me and I will give you my number and we can meet up so you know who I really am. Dude, if you know me I don't take sh*t from anybody. On the keyboard nor in person. Just try and play nice and have some respect for fellow forum members. Don't be a fukin low life and internet tough guy.

I've been ignoring your jabs and immature comments (what's your education and profession anyway?) but it's getting a bit too annoying to see you stalking me on this board. Get a life and mind your own fukin business dude!

Man, I tried to remain civil while a few immature members tried to take pot shots at me and wishing for me to fail because it makes them feel better about themselves or their cars but just don't cross the line and start getting personal because you guys don't know me. I've taken down many a chumbs like you during my lifetime.

Don't try and insult me by hiding behind a keyboard. If you want to do that make sure you are willing to meet in person.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:40 AM

SL55 AMG

Did you take your meds today?

Low life? Internet tough guy? LOL, you are pathetic. I was talking about running my car and not my mouth, which we all know you do plenty of (running of the mouth that is). You are the one who types the words "meet up" while safely sitting behind your keyboard.

So who's really the internet tough guy? Dont worry, judging from the way you post on here I dont expect you to get the right answer.

So Mr. Keyboard Warrior if you really wanted to meet up with me like you say do, I would have gotten a PM from you already. But as expected you are all bark and no bite.

https://mbworld.org/forums/3827561-post101.html

I'll be running my car sooner than you think and my car will pose a risk to you as well. You better be running at 20psi if you want to run with me when I'm ready.
Only reason I mentioned Havoc's car was because it's the same model as yours and was built by Victor and Vadim just like mine. What do you mean "already"? I just posted about Havoc's car once on this thread.

and btw...Ever think how badly my car would rape yours on a track where handling, suspension, weight and brakes make a difference?

and finally...I'm ALL THE WAY BACK and here to STAY BRO!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
BoooooYaaaaaaa boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you take your meds today?

Low life? Internet tough guy? LOL, you are pathetic. I was talking about running my car and not my mouth, which we all know you do plenty of (running of the mouth that is). You are the one who types the words "meet up" while safely sitting behind your keyboard.

So who's really the internet tough guy? Dont worry, judging from the way you post on here I dont expect you to get the right answer.

So Mr. Keyboard Warrior if you really wanted to meet up with me like you say do, I would have gotten a PM from you already. But as expected you are all bark and no bite.

https://mbworld.org/forums/3827561-post101.html

So I am confident, persistent and optimistic. So what? Do you have a problem with that? I never put you or your car down nor anybody else's on this forum. So why do you want to be an ***?
I'll be running my car sooner than you think and my car will pose a risk to you as well. You better be running at 20psi if you want to run with me when I'm ready.
Only reason I mentioned Havoc's car was because it's the same model as yours and was built by Victor and Vadim just like mine. What do you mean "already"? I just posted about Havoc's car once on this thread.

and btw...Ever think how badly my car would rape yours on a track where handling, suspension, weight and brakes make a difference?

and finally...I'm ALL THE WAY BACK and here to STAY BRO!
Talk about Pownage to the 3rd degree

Robert, seriously??? Calling Sal out like this??? You need to shut the fucup old man Put a Fork in dis sukka it's done...

Last edited by Thericker; 03-20-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
car looks fresh on those HREs
Old 03-20-2010, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Guys, this thread is about Havoc's car. So stop asking me about my car and jacking his thread.

I'm not the type that will fake being friendly but I respect other members here. Yeah, I have no problem wanting to claim (and neither do many of you here) the fastest street-legal daily-driver MB on the planet title. Yes I had many a setbacks but I've openly shared those with members here so I have no ego issue either. We're men, not ladies so why not admit we want to rule the speed title but will congratualte others when they beat you or perform better? That's sportsmanship just like any other sport like football, basketball, boxing, UFC, etc..But I said MEN, not a bunch of childish punks that get joy out of teasing others on a personal level. I don't mind exchanging friendly smack here, that's what makes this forum fun and keeps driving us in this hobby but hurling personal insults deserves an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

I was tired last night when I read that post by Sal so maybe over-reacted but we should still keep it to our cars and our automotive passion and leave the personal insults out. Name calling back and forth on this public forum, in PM or threatening each other is just plain childish. My post above to Sal is about a heads up race, not anything else.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sal, you KNOW I'm not avoiding you or any of the faster MBs on the west coast. When I deem my car ready and now that it will be with a financially sound and capable tuner, I would LOVE to meet up hopefully at SAC, FAMOSO or any other reasonably distanced strip.

It would be an honor to line up at the same place and time with the fastest MBs on the west coast. Cars like Allen's, yours and a few other guys although I also want to have the best lap times at Willow Springs later this year.

Often watching Passtime on Speed Channel, and there are just SO MANY american and japanese imports that run 8's and 9's that bragging about a breaking 10's probably sounds hilarious to those guys but I guess it's all relative. I will never sacrifice daily driving comfort on 91 pump gas to claim a title.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -

Is there anyone else??

Old 03-20-2010, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think its great that you have made this decision I wish you luck on finishing this project.
Thanks URnext!

I'm so ready to get all of this behind me and have my car completed!

Originally Posted by FreshTAMPON
car looks fresh on those HREs
Thanks FreshTAMPON!

I can't see my SL55 on anything else!
Old 03-21-2010, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
glad you got your car out of there. There are so many better shops around here. Evosport Renntech Dyno-Comp. I don't know if GT PRO can do these types of mods, but they are also close. Best of luck guys!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
I dont understand why you guys would even spend $50k with some unknown tuner, only to have a more unreliable car than the factory setup?

If you are going to get a modded car, just buy a used Brabus or Renntech car for pennies of original build on ebay , and be done with it. None of these "wait 2 years and it still doesnt work" horror stories./

I just dont understand??
Old 03-26-2010, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tusabes
I dont understand why you guys would even spend $50k with some unknown tuner, only to have a more unreliable car than the factory setup?

If you are going to get a modded car, just buy a used Brabus or Renntech car for pennies of original build on ebay , and be done with it. None of these "wait 2 years and it still doesnt work" horror stories./

I just dont understand??
From a practical standpoint, it makes little sense but from a personal standpoint, many of us want a unique one-of-a-kind vehicle to reflect our individuality and creativity. Sure by the time we are finaly done a new model year MB will be even faster in stock form AND cheaper than the money invested in mods (which many times won't work right) and the residual value of the old car itself.

It really makes no sense from a financial aspect but the fun is in slowly shopping, researching, testing and building the car up step-by-step. Much like when I was a kid and it would take days building a model plane or tank that ended up looking worse than the die-cast one you can buy at the store for much less.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From a practical standpoint, it makes little sense but from a personal standpoint, many of us want a unique one-of-a-kind vehicle to reflect our individuality and creativity. Sure by the time we are finaly done a new model year MB will be even faster in stock form AND cheaper than the money invested in mods (which many times won't work right) and the residual value of the old car itself.

It really makes no sense from a financial aspect but the fun is in slowly shopping, researching, testing and building the car up step-by-step. Much like when I was a kid and it would take days building a model plane or tank that ended up looking worse than the die-cast one you can buy at the store for much less.
Sure! Pay 50 k to be a guinnea pig and not get what you pay for or pay for what you thought you were going to get.

Only way I pay that kinda $ is if I see it was proven already or they have a project car of their own. That's why people go with Renntech,Kleeman,Brabus,MKB etc..

I think spending that kinda $ (50k)would push me to make a more informed decision.

Let them take TWO Yrs to build a car of their own b4 spending all that time on mines. 50k all tied up(2yrs),value of the car rapidly depriciating adds up to NO sense!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 03-26-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

In all fairness to Vadim, many of his customers come to him asking for radical one-of-a-kind project. I don't think Vadim proposes to do this himself . I was guilty of that (twin-charged with lowered compression) and I believe so was Havoc (5.7 twin-charged, Newtothis (Quad Turbo), RarFinancial (63SC) and many others. Vadim is a pioneer and was very confident in his capabilties to fullfull the customer's wish. There was almost an implicit agreement that it was an R&D project from inception. With the 82mm TB, Vadim never said it was a slam dunk but investigated and tried it out before agreeing to charge me for it. I think the projects did not fail but just ran out of time when the economy crashed, his partner bailed and then the fire at the shop that pretty much wiped out his business. He is back and has plenty of new venture money, new tuning equipment and capabilities and is moving to a brand new shop in the most upscale part of Newport Beach, CA. If it were not for the transition time I just may have gone back to him for the final tuning.

Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Sure! Pay 50 k to be a guinnea pig and not get what you pay for or pay for what you thought you were going to get.

Only way I pay that kinda $ is if I see it was proven already or they have a project car of their own. That's why people go with Renntech,Kleeman,Brabus,MKB etc..

I think spending that kinda $ (50k)would push me to make a more informed decision.

Let them take TWO Yrs to build a car of their own b4 spending all that time on mines. 50k all tied up(2yrs),value of the car rapidly depriciating adds up to NO sense!

Last edited by AMGSC; 03-26-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:30 PM

E CLASS
Hey Havoc...with all this patience...you must be a SNIPER...hopefully there will be a timely and satisfactory completion of your build.

On a side note...THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO ...AND BE SAFE OUT THERE!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
I think the projects did not fail but just ran out of time when the economy crashed, his partner bailed and then the fire at the shop that pretty much wiped out his business. He is back and has plenty of new venture money, new tuning equipment and capabilities and is moving to a brand new shop in the most upscale part of Newport Beach, CA. If it were not for the transition time I just may have gone back to him for the final tuning.
Sorry to me this guy vadim seems like a scammer (there is even a thread on it) https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...zyn-vadim.html

The guy doesnt even claim to have money to refund a product, customer has to file credit card dispute...

Seems like he will just blows through customers and venture money.

Then on the major projects he does a subpar job
https://mbworld.org/forums/3163061-post9.html

Where are the PROVEN , RELIABLE completed projects from him? His small upgrades seem to go OK but all the massive ones seem to fail. Just because he takes on radical builds, it means nothing if they dont result in reliable running cars. Not neverending projects.

Done in a reasonable amount of time, without excuse, and without breaking budgets and promises.

Last edited by tusabes; 03-26-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tusabes
Where are the PROVEN , RELIABLE completed projects from him? His small upgrades seem to go OK but all the massive ones seem to fail. Just because he takes on radical builds, it means nothing if they dont result in reliable running cars. Not neverending projects.

Done in a reasonable amount of time, without excuse, and without breaking budgets and promises.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Havoc's SL55 AMG Build Thread