SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: LED question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 03:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 MB CLK Black Series
LED question

About 1 year ago I replaced all the interior lights with LED (Vanity, foot well, side door markers, dome and glove box) and the foot well lights started flickering and will not fade in our out and now the side door lights do not work at all. I also replaced the Lic Plate and day runners with LED's, all purchased at the same web site www.iJDMTOY.com and all claim to have the resisters built in and error free. Seems odd that all the other LEDS are working?

Anyway, has anyone else had similar problems, if so, how did you correct it and what LED web site did you purchase the lights from?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Todd
Old 06-28-2011, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500
only way to have it not flicker is to have the "Lights turn on when opening door" switched to off.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:14 AM

SL55
Originally Posted by toddturbos
About 1 year ago I replaced all the interior lights with LED (Vanity, foot well, side door markers, dome and glove box) and the foot well lights started flickering and will not fade in our out and now the side door lights do not work at all. I also replaced the Lic Plate and day runners with LED's, all purchased at the same web site www.iJDMTOY.com and all claim to have the resisters built in and error free. Seems odd that all the other LEDS are working?

Anyway, has anyone else had similar problems, if so, how did you correct it and what LED web site did you purchase the lights from?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Todd
Curious as to whether you found the reason why your door lights did not work... I recently switched my bulbs to LEDs and found them burned today; I tried changing the bulbs , but none of them are working. The fuse box in the engine compartment shows all fuses intact, and the light from my glove box is still working.

Any thoughts on what can be wrong would be greatly appreciated.
PS: I have the 05 SL55.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 SL600, 2016 ES300h, 2012 Hayabusa
I got lights from ijdmtoy.com and the front drls started to flash after a few months as did the rears, not sure what the problem was, but I am upset that I bought the more expensive error free lamps to just have them die off in less than a year. I only put on a few thousand miles a year and it sets in the garage from november to April, huge waste. If anyone knows of a good brand that doesn't fail, please post up

I also have a 2005 SL, mine is a 600 though
Old 09-01-2011, 08:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
03 SL500(Sold), 09 C300, 11 E550
Yea the iJDM website sells a crappy product. All my error free bulbs that i bought were burnt out within 2 months of install.

I switched them out with a product from a sponsor on this forum aznoptics.com . Have had them set up for a few months now and they are performing great. The ijdm bulbs also claim to be white but when installed they still have a blue tint to them which makes it look cheap. The Azn optics are actually white.