SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: f/s Misha Widebody Heavily modded SL55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl55 amg
f/s Misha Widebody Heavily modded SL55

i have had the car up for sale for awhile, but it is finally time for it to go quick and have dropped price generously. i have only driven the car about 3-4 times in all of 2014 and it just gets dusted off, started up, and kept perfect in the garage. time for someone to use it. you could not dream of building the car for this price let alone the finish quality. it is still in as finished quality without even a rock chip. $50k!
car is listed on other sites and even ebay, so jump on it quick. i have turned down quite a few offers at this price already, but now it is time to go.
here is copy from cl ad-

Up for sale is my recently finished widebody SL55. I painted the car Voodoo blue and is very rare to see on this car, if there even is another one at all! Car has many aftermarket and handmade parts. Car has been completely inspected by myself and is in no need of any repairs. Body was painstakingly installed and finished to such a level that nearly everyone who sees it can't believe it didn't come from the factory that way. Car has only 800 miles on it since body and paint, and only 1200 miles since all motor work done. I also have most all of the stock parts removed from car that will go with it. Car also has the panoramic roof option.

list of engine mods-

180mm lower crank pulley- $1700 with tune
smaller upper pulley- $500
82mm throttle body- $500
pcv oil separator tank- $100
belt wrap kit (to help eliminate supercharger belt slippage)- $550
550cc injectors- $700
custom made rear intake tubes- $150
k&n filters- $100
aux heat exchanger for intercooler water $250
larger intercooler water pump wired constant on- $200
6 gallon trunk ice/water tank- $200
aem progressive methanol injection- $500
custom made long tube headers- $2500
custom made exhaust utilizing only the AMG resonators and handemade tips (sounds simply wicked!! quite at idle and cruise, but exotic and down right angry when getting into it!)- $2000
eurocharged recalibrated trans computer (slr specs)- $600
custom tune by jerry at eurocharged, tune was purchased before they cut off free future tunes (included in pulley cost)
asp billet pullies- $300
new belts
black painted supercharger and engine covers/air intakes
heat wrapped intake tubes- $100
looped fuel rails- $500
engine oil and trans fluids with less than 200 miles. new fuel filter also
dual digital aem widebands with boost also and failsafe (failsafe not currently hooked up but easy to do)- $545
aux gauge readout plugged into diagnostic port that can read out all ecu parameters in real time. displays 4 at a time user defined- $150

$11,445 zero labor included in that total. parts only and I am sure some I left out.

wheels-

avd05.1 in 19x10 and 20x14 sizes tires- toyo t1r 275/30 and 345/25 only 400 miles on tires $7000 wheels, $1800 tires

interior is basically all stock minus gauges, and a custom made 7" tablet holder. i used the tablet for internet and audio. car has factory navigation.
seats are heated, cooled, and massage. interior is in exceptional condition with everything working. $200 tablet holder

exterior-

misha designs widebody kit with many subtle modifications to original kit. hid headlights are brand new and painted black inside with custom leds installed with led controller that can strobe, heart beat, and lots of other functions. high beams also have projector lenses to match low beams and white led front parking light bulbs. custom made front and side splitters to protect front and side of car from underbody scrapes with also obvious aero advantages also. custom made led fog lights installed in front splitter also many hours was spent to make this one of the best fitting kits out there! time after time everyone thinks it is factory sheetmetal.

kit, headlights, headlight harness, headlight brackets, grill, headlight custom parts, paint supplies- $12,575

i have taken the car to a few shows over the past few weeks and it always draws a crowd. no matter what is parked by it!! thumbs up, waves, and whenever the car is stopped be prepared to be admired and swamped with compliments. i have had many cool cars but this one gets the most attention and is probably the most well rounded car that money can buy! hard top convertible is the only way to roll. the car has hydraulic suspension that constantly adjusts to road conditions with 3 ride height positions available at the touch of a button and also a sport and comfort mode. the car can be whatever you want it to be. a comfortable cruiser, or an absolute animal!! being drop dead gorgeous is just a great side benefit to the cars performance!

no low ball offers as i am just as good to keep it, but if a deal can be worked out, you will be receiving a helluva lot of car for the money!

the full build of the car and all parts used and time involved is located here- https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...ld-thread.html

more pics here- https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...pics-done.html

the car has also blown up instagram by others taking pics at car shows. a general search for "blue widebody sl55" will pull up alot more.
car has been impeccibly documented here, so you know exactly what went into build, time it took, and quality of parts and finish. better yet, it is still in that finished build condition! drive the heck out of it and see what it feels like to get more attention than nearly any other car out on the road! hate to let it go, but time for me to move on. the build part is the fun part for me, now someone can enjoy it.

parts totals-
engine- $11,445
wheels- $8,800
body- $12,575
fluff- $3000 (misc wires, fasteners, raw materials, fittings, working materials)

$35,820 this is PARTS only

approx. 700 man hours @ a very low $50hr= $35,000

$70,820 and you still need a car. good condition car with equal miles (my interior is nearly flawless and clean underneath) lets say $24k equal condition.

$94,820 investment for someone to copy this car. you may be able to find some parts cheaper, you might be able to do some things yourself, but if you just handed it over to a shop, this is your number.

now if we take a 50 cents on the dollar rule for mods (absurd considering the car is in new built condition with hardly any miles on it, but I will play along) you get $35,410. now add that to your base car= $59,410
my asking price is $10,000 lower than that and $20,000 lower than the appraisal a month ago.

hopefully this sheds some light on the car and the fact my number is spot on and even low all things considered.

Last edited by overZealous1; 11-14-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
f/s Misha Widebody Heavily modded SL55-14659794353_e72d655bca_h_zpssokkl7dn.jpeg
this is a funny one, caught the guy behind taking pics of it through his windshield, lol. get used to it, i never make it more than a few blocks from home before cell phones come out in passing cars or pedestrians.

f/s Misha Widebody Heavily modded SL55-14453497097_be9fc4331e_h_zps7h5vokyq.jpeg

f/s Misha Widebody Heavily modded SL55-14453254239_887687606e_h_zpscb26ajup.jpeg

f/s Misha Widebody Heavily modded SL55-14639448782_553deed15c_h_zpswzwzcgib.jpeg

f/s Misha Widebody Heavily modded SL55-14639454202_1a5a278800_h_zpsic5ktno5.jpeg

f/s Misha Widebody Heavily modded SL55-14637714924_1b33cb0e2e_h_zpsy5b7jca4.jpeg

here it is raised up abit, i am guessing only the first or middle raised position. so yes, you can make it over speed bumps and steep driveways.
f/s Misha Widebody Heavily modded SL55-14659780033_af1df13d54_h_zps3tzvkyh5.jpeg

tons more detail pics available for those wanting to see close ups of interior or body seams. there is alot of them on 6spd online too. not sure i can link on this forum. a google search would pull the thread up though.

Last edited by overZealous1; 09-27-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1992 911 C4, 2008 P2 E63 AMG (gone but not forgotten), 2007 SL65 Renntech
I think if it was black or white it would sell faster. Not that I dislike the blue but I am sure that is more attractive to a younger person that generally cannot afford what you are asking.

my 02
Old 09-29-2014, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
the look i was going for was supercarish, which alot of the high end manufacturers have added very similar color choices to their recent line ups, which also helps the car look newer than it is. bottom line, someone who doesn't want to be noticed, would not be looking at buying this car in the first place. lol
Old 09-29-2014, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Damn brutha thot u sold her long ago.. I may be selling mine too.. Had the itch for new cls/e63 biturbo for a while now.. We'll see if black sells faster than sky blue tho diff in engines may nod in my fav who knows maybe we'll both be here next year lol...
Old 09-29-2014, 09:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sl65, SL600 RENNtech, Verde Ithaca LP640, 3 highly modified Panteras, Maserati Biturbo, 300D turtle
Wish I could see it in person. Where is it located? I thought No CA? I have seen some builds around here in So CA that just look too much like a kit in person. From photos yours looks nice, and that color is perfect.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 808 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Absolutely stunning car. Just wish it was a 65.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
hey ricker! it has just been sitting in the garage getting dusted off, lol. this is a price that it should go quick though. have had alot of interest the last 48 hours.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
Originally Posted by Jan T
Wish I could see it in person. Where is it located? I thought No CA? I have seen some builds around here in So CA that just look too much like a kit in person. From photos yours looks nice, and that color is perfect.
thanks. i am just outside of portland oregon. ya, the kit needs alot of work to get to look like a factory part. a ton of work! most don't go to that level because the hours of install start racking up, or a body shop that gave flat rate and just needs to save their butt and get it out the door. if the time is spent though it can come out looking awesome.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

These pictures are so much better

than the ones you posted on CL -

Thank-You
Old 09-29-2014, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
Originally Posted by COOPERDB
`

These pictures are so much better

than the ones you posted on CL -

Thank-You
thanks. either craigslist doesn't allow photobucket images to come up or i don't know how to do it, so couldn't use them in the cl ad.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
for those messaging with absurd offers, it looks like car is sold at $50k. i have 3 buyers lined up at that price. guy first in line had an appraiser come out and he spent nearly 2 hours inspecting car. his parting words were that the car was a steal at that price and his appraisal will surely be well north of that based on the quality.
on to the next project for me!
Old 10-05-2014, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 808 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Congrats. Keep us.posted on your next project.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
well, first buyer is still working on gathering money, and same with 2nd buyer, third started another transaction but is trying to get out of it for mine. sooooo, officially it is not sold yet!
buyer 1 had to get an appraisal for the lender. got appraisal this morning and he valued car at $69,800 with nothing below an excellent mark in all categories and not enough room to list all mods of other handmade parts. that is exactly where i thought it would fall. so for those of you still questioning the price or quality, i can easily forward the appraisal.
so ya, with asking price at $20,000 OFF appraisal that happened 4 days ago, i hope this ends the stupid low ball offers. if it still doesn't go, mecum auction in november in ca.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
i am blown away this car has not sold. tons of interest, no money yet. $49,500. on ebay also.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
WTF? Sorry buddy knew you were dying to start new project... IDK if you've already listed it on Autotrader? But every car I've modded to hell or left stock, has always sold on Autotrader, it covers entire web & every 7-11 mini-mart etc in those paperback Autotrader FREE to public adds.. Never taken more than 5-6 mo.. But hate to say it, your color choice beautiful to a lot of us enthusiasts & bodywork executed to perfection wont matter.. Exterior color is a VERY personal choice, and sky blue is love/hate sorta color on an MB.. INMOP suited to Pcar/Gallardo etc..

If dying to sell? You have the skillset, vinyl wrap it Matte-Pearl white & I bet you sell it 6 wks or less at your $49k good luck & hope this helps? If not? Keep it & drive that purdy bit-ch till the wheels fall off
Old 11-11-2014, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
Originally Posted by Thericker
WTF? Sorry buddy knew you were dying to start new project... IDK if you've already listed it on Autotrader? But every car I've modded to hell or left stock, has always sold on Autotrader, it covers entire web & every 7-11 mini-mart etc in those paperback Autotrader FREE to public adds.. Never taken more than 5-6 mo.. But hate to say it, your color choice beautiful to a lot of us enthusiasts & bodywork executed to perfection wont matter.. Exterior color is a VERY personal choice, and sky blue is love/hate sorta color on an MB.. INMOP suited to Pcar/Gallardo etc..

If dying to sell? You have the skillset, vinyl wrap it Matte-Pearl white & I bet you sell it 6 wks or less at your $49k good luck & hope this helps? If not? Keep it & drive that purdy bit-ch till the wheels fall off
the car would have been sold long ago for $10k more if someone could get the financing. now the car has crested 10 years old (most companies stop lending at that point) and the value is so much more than kbb, lots of places won't touch it even with an appraisal showing value at well over asking price and guys putting even 50% down. really sad i have to bite the bullet due to being a private party sale.
i am seriously entertaining putting it on consignment at a place in socal. they can/will accept trade ins and being a dealer they can offer alot better chances and rates with financing.
on the color, i'm if i did wrap it white, then i would get a guy who wanted black, wrap it black then get a guy who wants it red and so on. i think the blue really creates the personality of the car, so it is staying! haha.

i do have a guy trying his hardest to work the sale and is really on the verge of it, but, i have learned after 3 other buyers not coming through that until i have money in hand, it is still for sale.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:33 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
SL65 AMG
I figured financing would be the biggest obstacle. I personally love the color and before I saw pictures of yours I was planning on doing a blue almost identical to yours just a little lighter once I'm wide bodied. Put it on james list and it will sell quick. Nice job and good luck.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:40 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
06 SL65AMG, 13 Tesla Model S 60kwh, 02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0, 12 S550 4 Matic, 07 E320 Bluetec, 06 LX470
[QUOTE=Exterior color is a VERY personal choice, and sky blue is love/hate sorta color on an MB.. INMOP suited to Pcar/Gallardo etc.. [/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it's the color too, if this was a black or white car this would have prob lined up more buyers, but it is a very nice color
Old 11-11-2014, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by overZealous1
the car would have been sold long ago for $10k more if someone could get the financing. now the car has crested 10 years old (most companies stop lending at that point) and the value is so much more than kbb, lots of places won't touch it even with an appraisal showing value at well over asking price and guys putting even 50% down. really sad i have to bite the bullet due to being a private party sale.
i am seriously entertaining putting it on consignment at a place in socal. they can/will accept trade ins and being a dealer they can offer alot better chances and rates with financing.
on the color, i'm if i did wrap it white, then i would get a guy who wanted black, wrap it black then get a guy who wants it red and so on. i think the blue really creates the personality of the car, so it is staying! haha.

i do have a guy trying his hardest to work the sale and is really on the verge of it, but, i have learned after 3 other buyers not coming through that until i have money in hand, it is still for sale.
FYI the guy that ended up buying Jamie 's Red SL55 after a ton of solid bodywork to bring it up to par (it looked excellent) new buyer bought it & wrapped it next day in OEM MB silver vinyl.. So trust me, your scope of potential (real $$ buyers) out there is fractional at best. The younger kats who love the loud extreme look don't have $49k period..

You'll reach the masses by going Matte-wht or Black etc something in the norm realm.. Materials are what $1k wrap it yourself and watch it move.. Trust me bro this color doesn't appeal to the majority (that is the majority that don't need Credit Unions) good luck either way
Old 11-12-2014, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Viper
How did you lower the stance? What would it take to raise, especially the front a inch or so? Love the cooler and body kit. I was looking for a 65, although open minded for the right 55.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:34 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
sl600
I don't see a year or the mileage for the car.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
Originally Posted by ChrisTinaBruce
How did you lower the stance? What would it take to raise, especially the front a inch or so? Love the cooler and body kit. I was looking for a 65, although open minded for the right 55.
the car does have the hydraulic suspension, so you can raise it up approx. 2.5" or more from inside car. most of the pics were done at the lowest position. the lowering was done by adjustable links, so they could be adjusted up also. my driveway is at a pretty extreme angle, and i can pull in at an angle when car is lifted up. the splitter is designed to easily flex up if approaching large angles, and is held by cables to not flex down when alot of wind force is against it. so it has 2 purposes, protect front, and aero functions at speed.

here is the entire build thread of the car-
https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...ld-thread.html
Old 11-12-2014, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
Originally Posted by F1BHP
I don't see a year or the mileage for the car.
2003, and 82k miles. engine has only been modded for about 1400 miles and about 1100 or so on all exterior work. never raced or abused and i have never even had the traction control off! never even a smokey burn out. so much time went into it i couldn't bare to hurt it, hahaa. so it just sits with a cover over it. most of those miles were done right after car was built in one trip. probably only 300 miles in the last 1.5 years.
i start it every couple weeks and let it warm up and cycle all of the electronics. thats it. it was nearly a perfect stock car when i began the work, so no it was not a wrecked or abused car that was converted.

Last edited by overZealous1; 11-12-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sl55 amg
Originally Posted by Thericker
FYI the guy that ended up buying Jamie 's Red SL55 after a ton of solid bodywork to bring it up to par (it looked excellent) new buyer bought it & wrapped it next day in OEM MB silver vinyl.. So trust me, your scope of potential (real $$ buyers) out there is fractional at best. The younger kats who love the loud extreme look don't have $49k period..

You'll reach the masses by going Matte-wht or Black etc something in the norm realm.. Materials are what $1k wrap it yourself and watch it move.. Trust me bro this color doesn't appeal to the majority (that is the majority that don't need Credit Unions) good luck either way
guess what.............................................. ...........

not changing it! gotta tell ya, almost every single person that sees it comments on how beautiful the color works with the car. i probably would have wrapped jamies car also though. lol.
so ya, not changing the color of the car, and i want the person that will own this car agree with that also. if someone wants to change the color of the car, they can pay me about $15k to pull apart and repaint their choice inside and out like it should be done. no silly wraps. thats the only way this car will be changing color in my possession.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: f/s Misha Widebody Heavily modded SL55