SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: CKS x-pipe installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
CKS x-pipe installed

Last weekend I had the x-pipe I've had for a couple months installed. It's a very nice piece and fits well. I took it to a local shop and had it welded in the front section of an exhaust system I found advertised on another MBZ forum. I wanted to keep my stock front section so if I ever wanted to put it back to stock to sell the, I now have that option. As an aside, the front section from Mercedes is ~$6k!!!!

The x-pipe removes the secondary cats and the first set of resonators and the car sounds soooo much better!!!! Not as loud as I thought it would be given only the primary cats and the final resonators remain. With so much HP out of the box, it's really hard to say if I notice any SOP performance increase....

Will try and do a vid some time soon.

Here's a couple pics:
Attached Thumbnails CKS x-pipe installed-image.jpg   CKS x-pipe installed-0119151254.jpg   CKS x-pipe installed-photo.jpg  

Last edited by user z478747; 01-22-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:50 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
SL63, GTR
Where did you buy the x-pipe from and for how much? Would love to hear some sound clips!

Originally Posted by chuck z
Last weekend I had the x-pipe I've had for a couple months installed. It's a very nice piece and fits well. I took it to a local shop and had it welded in the front section of an exhaust system I found advertised on another MBZ forum. I wanted to keep my stock front section so if I ever wanted to put it back to stock to sell the, I now have that option. As an aside, the front section from Mercedes is ~$6k!!!!

The x-pipe removes the secondary cats and the first set of resonators and the car sounds soooo much better!!!! Not as loud as I thought it would be given only the primary cats and the final resonators remain. With so much HP out of the box, it's really hard to say if I notice any SOP performance increase....

Will try and do a vid some time soon.

Here's a couple pics:
Old 01-22-2015, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Bought from CKS, if memory serves it was ~$1k. ....nasty weather next few days so will be a while bf I can get a vid. What I can tell you it does sound like an amplified version of the stock exhaust system. Has deep rumble and gets noticeably louder at higher RPMs. It's definitely not overly loud at startup, idle and moderate RPMs but, does get louder when you really put your foot into it...