SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: School me on this split ic system, need questions answered asap please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 03:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl55 widebody - built viper - ls1 turbo 350z
School me on this split ic system, need questions answered asap please!

I know its been beaten to death, and am looking at various diagrams and videos and just cant seem to understand it 100%. Im running a larger beat exchanger in sequence with the oem wxchanger, johnson pump, and bmw resevoir.

So off the resevoir i plug the large line essentially leaving only the 2 small lines on top correct?

Then the double t fitting here i replace with a single t and run that up to the bmw reservoir, and plug the other port on the bmw reservoir.

Now for the oem heat exchanger i route the top line to the bottom of the new exchanger, and the bottom line to the pump, and the top line of the new exchanger to the pump as well?

Now what about this line? Do i cap this line or what?

Unless im all screwed up here, please help me out!
Old 10-06-2015, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes
Not sure how V12TT is setup, but for the bleed line (skinny little hose) coming from the intercooler coolant lines, connect that to the BMW reservoir. The stock reservoir should have the intercooler bleed port closed off.

The other fitting on the reservoir should run down to where the intercooler coolant lines are connected to the engine coolant lines.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 sl55 amg
Originally Posted by spartan7669
I know its been beaten to death, and am looking at various diagrams and videos and just cant seem to understand it 100%. Im running a larger beat exchanger in sequence with the oem wxchanger, johnson pump, and bmw resevoir.

So off the resevoir i plug the large line essentially leaving only the 2 small lines on top correct?

Then the double t fitting here i replace with a single t and run that up to the bmw reservoir, and plug the other port on the bmw reservoir.

Now for the oem heat exchanger i route the top line to the bottom of the new exchanger, and the bottom line to the pump, and the top line of the new exchanger to the pump as well?

Now what about this line? Do i cap this line or what?

Unless im all screwed up here, please help me out!
Pm me