SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: WTB stock Cat section for 04 SL55.....please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 03:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, SL500, SLK320, ML320, CLK 430
WTB stock Cat section for 04 SL55.....please help

Hi folks, looking to buy the front section of an SL55 exhaust. My cats started rattling so we punched them out, I had a previous muffler and secondary cat delete so im pretty Car sounds mucg running straight pipes, car sounds pretty evil and intimidating, also smells pretty evil ! smog is going to be a nightmare so I'm on the hunt for a cat section to an sl55. Anyone out there have a set to sell by chance?? Please call or pm me .I am in Socal Temecula area but will pay for shipping if not local. It wouldn't be do bad if the smell didn't remind me of some backwoods pick up truck or a NASCAR. If I can't find a set I may just throw some high flows on and a resonator to tune down the chopper sound at WOT.
Really hope someone come through for me on this one!!

Last edited by Sarc1218; 11-23-2017 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Error
Old 10-11-2016, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALL
Originally Posted by Sarc1218
Hi folks, looking to buy the front section of an SL55 exhaust. My cats started rattling so we punched them out, I had a previous muffler and secondary cat delete so im pretty Car sounds mucg running straight pipes, car sounds pretty evil and intimidating, also smells pretty evil ! smog is going to be a nightmare so I'm on the hunt for a cat section to an sl55. Anyone out there have a set to sell by chance?? Please call or pm me 469)212-3175. I am in Socal Temecula area but will pay for shipping if not local. It wouldn't be do bad if the smell didn't remind me of some backwoods pick up truck or a NASCAR. If I can't find a set I may just throw some high flows on and a resonator to tune down the chopper sound at WOT.
Really hope someone come through for me on this one!!
I am looking for high flow cats for 2003 sl55, any suggestions? Also did you ever find oem cats? i have a set, also have resonators.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, SL500, SLK320, ML320, CLK 430
Cats

Hi Imback, yes I do still need the front section. What's you number and I can call you. Or feel free to text me. Im a little strapped at the moment as we are buying a house but If the price is right im sure we can still work something out.

Last edited by Sarc1218; 11-23-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
If Imback doesn't have what you are looking for, I may have it. Don't know if the exhaust system from a 2008 SL55 is different.

I have this from when I installed my x-pipe and if the buyer decides not to take it this weekend, it will be for sale. I also have a complete in tact system from the primary cats to back past the first set of resonators where it connects to stock final resonators.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALL
Originally Posted by chuck z
If Imback doesn't have what you are looking for, I may have it. Don't know if the exhaust system from a 2008 SL55 is different.

I have this from when I installed my x-pipe and if the buyer decides not to take it this weekend, it will be for sale. I also have a complete in tact system from the primary cats to back past the first set of resonators where it connects to stock final resonators.

do you have any pictures of your x-pipe setup? also did you keep the OEM primary cats installed? how do you like the sound? any sound clips?
Old 10-12-2016, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Originally Posted by imback
do you have any pictures of your x-pipe setup? also did you keep the OEM primary cats installed? how do you like the sound? any sound clips?
Here's the x-pipe. Bought it from CKS in the UK. Great quality product! I paid ~$1k for mine but they have reduced the price to less than half that last time I looked.

I did keep the primary cats on the car as well as the final set of resonators.

Sorry but, I never got around to making any sound clips b/f I sold the car. What I can tell you that at idle, only another car guy will know you've done something to the exhaust. On startup, everyone will know. When you get on it a little bit it sounds like the car is really coming alive. It's a very deep powerful sound and EVERYONE will know you've done something to the car. In my opinion, it sounds absolutely awesome! Not obnoxiously loud by any means. I think its a great product and produces a great sound. Never a drone at any speed.

Hope that helps.