SL65 AMG Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the R230 SL65 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

2 Black On Black SL 65 AMG Black Series (Dealer Desperate)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by Merc-Skycap
No Offense Akademiks but let me handle my car buying the way I want to. What is with you guys and the bashing? I can't just plop 520K in cash for a car if that is what you are thinking and even if I could I don't believe in doing that.

No Offense to you all but back off a bit!

I'm curious about the monsterous jump from a C63 to the McLaren 722. It seems over the top. Why not just buy a used SL65?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:11 AM

C63, Scuderia, 599, 16M, AEV Hemi Jeep, '57 Porsche Speedster, '55 300SL, SLS on order
Not to defend, by my daily driver is a C63 but I also own a 599, Scuderia and 16m amongst other cars - I have ordered my SLS (Gullwing) and will pay sticker; however, if I do buy a SL Black, it will not be at sticker or anywhere close - I won't throw $100k away knowing that I can have one in 6 months for low $200s - I did not make my money to throw it away.

BTW, the C63 is absolutely the best daily driver I have ever owned - (not the best car) - for daily driving into and out of Manhattan, it cannot be beat.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Chiphomme, the reason why I want to by the SLR is because I have always wanted one but till now they were always priced higher (already half a million is a bit much for a car). I didn't feel that I should pay over half a million on such a car when I could use that money for other purposes. Take for example the Buggati, yes, its a nice car and I would want to buy one but I am not just going to throw away that much money on a car. Also the other main reason is that SLR 722 is going below sticker by a good 100 to 120 grand below, plus its production has ended.

Hope that resolves this for everyone here.....If not, my apologies for having wasted ur time and mine!

Drive Safely!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
If one's heart is set on an SL65 BS, he should wait til Summer, then dealers will be REALLY desperate.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
This situation reeks of dumbness. Dumb dealers getting 2 300K+ cars, and saying they are desperate, but still want over MSRP? Are they smoking some of that medical weed? Desperation means, dropping below MSRP to make a sell. The cost of keeping cars on the lot are horrendous, especially today.

Example: Like the thread I started here about the watches at Macy's in Atlanta going for 50% off. You can a 3,000 TAG for $1500, now THAT is desperation.

Anything other than that is a joke, that goes for any car. People that have that kind of money aren't buying 300K cars like candy now. They are even holding on to the money budgeting, haggling, the ones with good fiscal sense. I stated this about 10 times already.

If he (the OP) wants to wait on the BS, that is really a good idea. It will drop like a rock after the first sell anyway. When one pops up for sell with low miles, jump on it and save a bundle. Just a thought.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
I know of a delaer that is motivated, if someone...

is a real buyer. 040 black. You can PM me if there's anything to it.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by Deeroff
Not to defend, by my daily driver is a C63 but I also own a 599, Scuderia and 16m amongst other cars - I have ordered my SLS (Gullwing) and will pay sticker; however, if I do buy a SL Black, it will not be at sticker or anywhere close - I won't throw $100k away knowing that I can have one in 6 months for low $200s - I did not make my money to throw it away.

BTW, the C63 is absolutely the best daily driver I have ever owned - (not the best car) - for daily driving into and out of Manhattan, it cannot be beat.
can I be your new best friend forever?

when are we going for a ride???
Old 06-30-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG
I've heard real good stuff about the BS series but never seen one in person..
Old 06-30-2009, 08:27 PM

C63 507
Originally Posted by Merc-Skycap
Chiphomme, the reason why I want to by the SLR is because I have always wanted one but till now they were always priced higher (already half a million is a bit much for a car). I didn't feel that I should pay over half a million on such a car when I could use that money for other purposes. Take for example the Buggati, yes, its a nice car and I would want to buy one but I am not just going to throw away that much money on a car. Also the other main reason is that SLR 722 is going below sticker by a good 100 to 120 grand below, plus its production has ended.

Hope that resolves this for everyone here.....If not, my apologies for having wasted ur time and mine!

Drive Safely!
hey merc,

i have a 722 and its for sale. not sure where you think you can get one for $390k though. actually not sure if you can even find one for sale now.

but-let me know if you want to buy mine.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Scuderia, much lighter, sounds much better, it's a Ferrari, will hold it's value way better, looks better...I think that covers it.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:10 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204

LOL no dealership knows ANYTHING about the SLS yet

good luck i have been researching in to it,
COUGH BULL**** COUGH

Online Bragger ftw
Old 07-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Murtaza
Scuderia, much lighter, sounds much better, it's a Ferrari, will hold it's value way better, looks better...I think that covers it.
Actually, that's a bit of an over simplification. The only reason Mercedes depreciates faster then say a Ferrari, is because the miles gathered on a Mercedes are exponentially greater then on a Ferrari (mainly because you can't drive a Ferrari for too long before it bursts into flames). I have found 2002-2004 Ferrari Modena's for the same price range as an SL65 (with SLs having endured even more wear then the 360s).

Of course if you never drive the car it will hold it's value.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:11 PM

C63, Scuderia, 599, 16M, AEV Hemi Jeep, '57 Porsche Speedster, '55 300SL, SLS on order
Originally Posted by Jeffield
LOL no dealership knows ANYTHING about the SLS yet

good luck i have been researching in to it,
COUGH BULL**** COUGH

Online Bragger ftw
How can I be respectful and say this - HUH? I will pick up my SLS in the spring at the AMG factory - confirmed with Volker himself. Rob Allan (recently left AMG but former AMG Product Manager/guru) also confirmed - there are lots of details if you are a longtime customer - the internet is NOT the only way to "research" as you suggest. Wanna see my order form? Maybe give Jeff Roberts of Mercedes of Manhattan (an MB factory dealership where I buy my cars) a call - 212-629-1669 is his direct line. He will take your order - time to put up.

Last edited by Deeroff; 07-11-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

How can I be respectful and say this - HUH? I will pick up my SLS in the spring at the AMG factory - confirmed with Volker himself. Rob Allan (recently left AMG but former AMG Product Manager/guru) also confirmed - there are lots of details if you are a longtime customer - the internet is NOT the only way to "research" as you suggest. Wanna see my order form? Maybe give Jeff Roberts of Mercedes of Manhattan (an MB factory dealership where I buy my cars) a call - 212-629-1669 is his direct line. He will take your order - time to put up.

will he sell me just the SLS badge? It would look great on my S55.

How's that for putting up!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by i_am_amused
will he sell me just the SLS badge? It would look great on my S55.

How's that for putting up!
- If I de-badge I will let you know first, bro...
Old 07-11-2009, 05:26 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204

That does not prove anything, I will wait till spring and then we will see
Old 07-11-2009, 05:48 PM

That does not prove anything, I will wait till spring and then we will see
Obviously, you have some anger issues - Once again - call my dealer - His name is Jeff Roberts - he has been with MB Manhattan for over a decade - his direct line is 212-629-1669 (a long distance call perhaps from Canada, but....) - he has my order - he has details about the SLS as do I; perhaps your diligent googling and less than qualified attitude and substance do not allow you to benefit from the font of information I have. If you are a real prospect, I am sure you will be the beneficiary of his knowledge vis a vis the SLS.

You sound a bit bitter which is pretty sad....... thankfully I have a healthy and happy family and life and am fortunate to love what I do and have the opportunity to buy, drive, track and play with an incredible (and growing) stable of cars.

Having a blast planning the trip to the AMG factory with the wife -- as well as the trip in November to Laguna Seca to drive the SLS in the MB AMG preview (uh.... you DID know about that, right?!?!?!).........

Last edited by Deeroff; 07-11-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:06 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
Obviously, you have some anger issues - Once again - call my dealer - His name is Jeff Roberts - he has been with MB Manhattan for over a decade - his direct line is 212-629-1669 (a long distance call perhaps from Canada, but....) - he has my order - he has details about the SLS as do I; perhaps your diligent googling and less than qualified attitude and substance do not allow you to benefit from the font of information I have. If you are a real prospect, I am sure you will be the beneficiary of his knowledge vis a vis the SLS.

You sound a bit bitter which is pretty sad....... thankfully I have a healthy and happy family and life and am fortunate to love what I do and have the opportunity to buy, drive, track and play with an incredible (and growing) stable of cars.

Having a blast planning the trip to the AMG factory with the wife -- as well as the trip in November to Laguna Seca to drive the SLS in the MB AMG preview (uh.... you DID know about that, right?!?!?!).........

So what are you trying to say? that I cant see it in spring but i can call someone and ask someone ?

rofl

I m just saying that if so we will be able to see it in spring, and i m very excited to see you in one in spring

good luck
Old 07-12-2009, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

- If I de-badge I will let you know first, bro...
Old 07-12-2009, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Deeroff if you don't mind me asking. What is it that you do for a living?
Old 07-12-2009, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Deeroff,
Nice, I bought my cars through Jeff on Park too. Great sales he is.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)

All I can say is I congratulate, and don't hate. I don't know what the deal is with the speculation of getting an SLS. You gave him all the dealer's info, and offered to show the sales order. What more could someone ask for?

It's getting really asinine and **** around here as of late. I recall one thread where the guy listed all the cars he had, and posted pics. Lambo Reventon, Ferrari, MB SLR, etc. He actually got flamed because he lived in the Middle East and said gas was about 60 cents a gallon (can't remember exact approx.) and it turned into an ugly geo-political argument. He said he would never post here again, I haven't seen him since. I just said congrats on the stable and enjoyed the pics, after all that's what he posted them for.

Have fun at AMG when you go, enjoy the SLS when you get it and post pics.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by 2MANYCARS
Deeroff,
Nice, I bought my cars through Jeff on Park too. Great sales he is.
A good man, Jeff. A car salesman with integrity - a far too rare element these days.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:44 AM

So what are you trying to say? that I cant see it in spring but i can call someone and ask someone ?

rofl

I m just saying that if so we will be able to see it in spring, and i m very excited to see you in one in spring

good luck
Bro, your post, in response to and quoting mine, was a slam - unprovoked and uncalled for - I will post your post again

"LOL no dealership knows ANYTHING about the SLS yet ...... good luck i have been researching in to it,
COUGH BULL**** COUGH .... Online Bragger ftw"

If your latest post is an apology, I appreciate that, but the original post was unwarranted -

BTW, you will all see the SLS at Frankfurt in September.

Cheers
Old 07-12-2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by bigben320e
All I can say is I congratulate, and don't hate. I don't know what the deal is with the speculation of getting an SLS. You gave him all the dealer's info, and offered to show the sales order. What more could someone ask for?

It's getting really asinine and **** around here as of late. I recall one thread where the guy listed all the cars he had, and posted pics. Lambo Reventon, Ferrari, MB SLR, etc. He actually got flamed because he lived in the Middle East and said gas was about 60 cents a gallon (can't remember exact approx.) and it turned into an ugly geo-political argument. He said he would never post here again, I haven't seen him since. I just said congrats on the stable and enjoyed the pics, after all that's what he posted them for.

Have fun at AMG when you go, enjoy the SLS when you get it and post pics.

Appreciate that ..... I have a rep for being very generous with my cars - from letting my friend's daughter take out my F430 and 599 the day she got her license, to throwing a young car photographer the keys to the 599 and F430 Spider and coupe and having a blast terrorizing the streets of Westchester and Greenwich - It is all about experiencing the passion and letting others do the same. Cars are made to drive - and drive hard - ain't no reason to let 'em sit.

Just bugs me when I try to share that passion and someone flames for no reason.

Cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 Black On Black SL 65 AMG Black Series (Dealer Desperate)