SL65 AMG Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the R230 SL65 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Mad at my SL65 Black !!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65 Black Series, '14 CLS63 S-model
Thank you for asking good sir. Well, it's been over 40 days and she is still at the dealer awaiting another diagnosis. I've been having issues with the twin turbos not activating when I hammer the accelerator. The past two times I have brought her in for this issue, Mercedes has replaced the speed sensor for each turbo. It worked great for a few months, then, BAM, I was back to C-class (C-250) power mode, with no turbo action.

This time, the SLS tech decided to try and solve the problem, once and for all, by diagnosing and replacing any electronics associated with failed turbo response. Well, the "mother-board" in the SL was a suggested replacement by AMG, and just 2 weeks ago, it was replaced. Well, that didn't solve the issue and now my baby is waiting on a visit from another AMG rep out of Georgia. We'll see how that goes, but, the bottom line, I'll never give her up and I'll stay by her side til my "end-of-days".

So, in answer to your question, yes, I still enjoy her, even when she's on life support at the dealer. Plus, my wife purchased a 2014 CLS63 S-model and, when she lets me, under the guise of taking it to the car wash, he, he, I get my fill of power and speed so I'm not sitting around and sulking over my pride and joy. "Sorry dear, it's really backed up at the wash today, so, I may be another 30 minutes".
Old 08-14-2014, 12:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
glad to her MB is taking care of you and 1 of 175. its such an interesting car and will follow thread, hope they sort it out before summer is over. best of luck...
Old 08-14-2014, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65 Black Series, '14 CLS63 S-model
You are fantastic luck, fellow Miami resident. My service advisor, in Coral Gables, just called me and said that they rectified the turbo issue and, after $8k in replacement parts, I'm able to pick her up in the morning. The AMG rep that assisted the tech, was actually down from Jacksonville, Florida and put 35 miles more on the, already, 3,200 mile odometer. In conclusion, there were 4 pressure sensors, a major computer unit, and several control units replaced, along with some hoses, leaving me with a $3,200 parts and labor bill. As I said, $8k in actual parts and the labor that ran the total bill to over $10k, I was let off very well. Between the dealer and the factory, I've been treated like a king. God, I love the Mercedes brand.

Now, it's almost the weekend and the black beast will, once again, roam the freeways in the early AM, in search of another worthy opponent. I'll keep posting future adventures in a new posting called "SL Black Series Adventures"... There has to be a few more in her future, such as a certain 707hp Dodge Hellcat maybe?

Last edited by VeryBlackSL65; 08-14-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Card Sound Road here comes the SL65....congrats
Old 10-30-2014, 09:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 CL65
Originally Posted by VeryBlackSL65
I'll keep posting future adventures in a new posting called "SL Black Series Adventures"... There has to be a few more in her future, such as a certain 707hp Dodge Hellcat maybe?
Sounds good. I have a Hellcat on order; we'll see how well it gets along sharing garage space with the Black.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:03 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
89 SL500 Silver ,97 SL500 Carlsson 04 Mercedes SL55 AMG , 07 Mercedes SL55 AMG convertedBlack series
Dammit, I said, as I increased throttle

Originally Posted by Zod
On GTboard there is a race between an SL Blk and the new bmw F10...and it was not pretty. M5 got rapped. Might want to have a little check up on your beasty

Or your eye sight (sorry, but u did say ur eyes began to blur )
Wonder how you slammed the trottle to the bottom, and then again, Dammit, I said, as I increased throttle even more.. is funny ,full trottle, then some more .
Old 06-21-2019, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 445 Likes on 333 Posts
222 S-65
Originally Posted by Tommyboy928
Wonder how you slammed the trottle to the bottom, and then again, Dammit, I said, as I increased throttle even more.. is funny ,full trottle, then some more .
'Throttle' inside the car being a potentiometer operated by your right foot!

We make our request to Oz and the magic happens or the car yells 'Nien-nien-nien-nien' as the fun police smak the back of your hands.

I wonder if OP still owns his Black series SL? I'd love to have one follow me home!

Last edited by JohnLane; 06-26-2019 at 09:03 PM.