SLK/R170: Service Records \ Maintenance Folder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 SLK320
Service Records \ Maintenance Folder

All,

I have a binder that I keep all maintenance related information for my SLK 320. I thought I would share with everyone what I have in my binder, and provide the documents for anyone with a 170 that would like to do the same.

First things first, what to put it in... I chose a white 1" 3 ring binder with clear pockets on the outside (to allow me to insert my own custom cover and binder) and a pocket on each inside cover.

Next, what to put in it... I started with an 8 1/2" X 11" print out of the R170 "Service Booklet". Document Number is "P-6515-8084-13". It is available on the web, and I have a copy that I can make available if anyone would like it... it is relatively large, so I didn't want to add it here.

I followed this by several copies of the Model 170 "SERVICE SHEET for Flexible Service Systems (FSS)". The document is attached to this post. I also wanted a document to track "non-standard" maintenance - such as new tires, replacing Crank Shaft Position Sensors, etc... For this I created the "R170 Maintenance worksheet.pdf".

I struggled with how I would include receipts with the FSS or Maintenance worksheet for several days, and decided that it made most sense to three hole punch them and include them immediately behind the respective FSS or Maintenance sheet. I followed these with a few expandable pockets to hold the original window sticker, bill of sale, and data card for the car... and miscellaneous other documents (as needed).

All in all I am very happy with the end product. The FSS and Maintenance sheets are available in the article below. The attached PDF is the cover I used on my folder ...and feedback is welcome.

FSS Service Sheet Wanted

Keep it on the road.

-Ronnie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Cover_R170.pdf (175.6 KB, 117 views)