SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Mod to drop windows few mm on opening doors then raising on closing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 CDi (2007 - S211), S500L (2002_W220), SLK280 (2007 R171)
Mod to drop windows few mm on opening doors then raising on closing

Hi all,
I'm trying to design a mod that will drop the window a couple of mm when the door is open the close it again when its shut!

the end stops that are glued to the window behind the door card keep falling off which allows the window to raise slightly too high and fouls the door sealwhen the door is closed, this mod will do away with the need for the glued on stops and will drop the wndow when the door is opened alowing the door to be closed with the window lowered a couple of mm and raise it again once the dooris closed, much like the later SLK's and CLK's already have from manufature.

I have designed a simple relay circuit that will take the GND signal from the door switch and send momentory open and close signals at the correct timing to operate the windows.

My problem now is that i'm trying to work out where I can tap into to operate the windws without the IGN being on? my first thought was to tap into thewindow switchesbut they are not operational without the IGN switched on?

I've tried t get hold of a circuit diagram of the R170window system but cant find any copies?
I feel their must be somewhere i can tap into because mods like the smarttop give the function of raising and lowering the windows remotely with the IGN off.

any help much apprieciated!

Mark