SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: All I want for Christmas is to be able to replace my head unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 slk230 Kompressor
All I want for Christmas is to be able to replace my head unit

I have a 2002 slk Kompressor, have been looking on forums and making calls for days to try to determine what I have in my D2B. I read one post that said 2 orange wires is just the interface for the CD changer. If that is true then replacing the head unit with something newer would not be a problem.
If in fact it controls the output to the speakers, and does not read from the pre-amp of the new unit, then I am out of luck. In the link mentioned above, this is indicated when there are more than 2 wires in the fiber optic connection.
It seems that the combination of the fiber optic link, the 2 ohm speakers, and the crossover in the Bose amp is too much to overcome without replacing the whole system.
All I want is a way to update my head unit without having to change out the entire system.
Can someone please give me some solid advice, or direct me where to find it? It's a shame, but the MB dealers haven't got a clue.
Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 12-23-2015, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to R170 forum...