SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Seeking opinions on wheel choice

Old 01-15-2007, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slk 350
Seeking opinions on wheel choice

As some of you that have been around for a while, I have been wanting to get new wheels for some time. I have looked around endlessly at one peice wheels as they are a lot cheaper. Well, after a lot of looking and waffling, I've decided to bite the bullet and buy some forged wheels. I've decided on DCR wheels which many of you know are a true light, three peice wheel. I talked with them, worked out a deal and have sent them a deposit. Specs are 19x8.5f and 19x9.5r, brushed aluminum with polished rim. I've pretty much decided on Goodyear F1-DS-G3, 235/35, 265/30.

My only hesitation is on the actual wheel to get. I definitely have decided on a split spoke wheel, just not sure on how many spokes. YNOT and DSB have 7 spoke, which look great, but I think five also might look great. I was leaning to the five spoke. It seems very clean and racy looking. i know in the end it's a personal decision, but what do you think? Thanks for the input.

Also, anyone found Brabus Springs under four hundred dollars?
Attached Thumbnails Seeking opinions on wheel choice-1.jpg   Seeking opinions on wheel choice-bmw2.jpg   Seeking opinions on wheel choice-clk55amg-047.jpg   Seeking opinions on wheel choice-slkhockenheim.jpg   Seeking opinions on wheel choice-dcr-hock.jpg  

Old 01-15-2007, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBZ SLK
My choice is biased of course, the five spokes looks better on a bigger car, 7 spokes will look great on the SLK, but you can't go wrong with either choice. You will not regret spending extra on forged 3-piece wheels, not only do they look good, strong, but at 23lbs front and 26lbs rears, it's also very light. Let me be the first to congratulate you on your purchase. You will love your new set of shoes.