Originally Posted by pangaea
- HELP please - How come there is no oil measurement gauge in the car (only the dipstick) - manual says there is one - i can' t find it (have comand if that matters). The only engine 'gauge' i can find is the water temperature on the OS.
- SICKLY CHILD - Is this car a frail little car that must be driven at 50% of it's potential or can you actually use the car as a sports car? I mean i didn;t really hammer the car - just took it out for a good drive. The advertsing from MB talks of 0-60 mph in 5.5 secs for the auto which i have. Can you actually drive the thing without getting engine problems? I used to have an MR2 from toyota - sure it was only a little 1.8 but you could drive it on the rev limitter from london to paris (i did) and it would be happy as anything. If i wanted a boulevard cruiser i would have got something else. Do you guys drive the cars to their limits (don't mean track days - but occasional bursts and enjoying fun mountain passes with several gear changes etc.)
2. Condensation in indicator units on windmirrors. I have noticed that both sides have minor condensation inside. Does anyone have insight into this. They look like they have never been touched and are in mint condition. Wondered if all are like this.
3. Swapping out CD changer for powered iPOD - I have the CD changer taking up valuable space in the glovebox and want to swap it out for the iPOD kit that people talk about on this forum - unfortunately no-one has mentioned where to get the kit from or how to fix it. What does anyone think about splicing off the CD changer's power and just playing playlists. I actually have a Sony Walkman mp3 player - does that work with this kit? I notice someone has said in this forum that they have a DVD disk with 8gigs of mp3s on. I presume this is a DL disk. Can the COMAND system read this? Perhaps I will make 6 of these and use the CD Changer as a very expensive cd case :-)
Any help appreciated - sorry for long post
Sorry for your oil problems.
You can measure the oil this way...
First, make sure the car is level.
1) turn ignition on to second click
2) use arrow buttons on steering wheel to bring up odometer
3) press the reset button (on side of tach) 3 times fast.
(the display between the tacs will display 12 volts. it is now in service mode. use the arrows until you get to oil level. it will measure oil now.
Caution. This is all from memory. I'm sure you can do a search and find the steps as well. If you access the wrong menu, you can negatively affect your car.
I had condensation in my turn signal. I bought the car new and they replaced them once I brought it to their attention.
The car should be able to be driven hard.
There's all the answers I have. Good luck.