SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: New owner queries

Old 04-09-2014, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 350 2005
Exclamation New owner queries

Just acquired an SLK 350, and I have a few questions that I cant find answers to in the manual or forums.

1a) Should the parktronic give audible feedback at longer ranges (1,2 or 3 yellow lights, say?)

1b) Should there be a setting menu accessed from the steering wheel menus that affects parktronic setup - i.e. audio feedback on/off

[to explain: parktronic was giving an error code when I got the car; dealer fixed it, but it makes no noise, just the lights. I don't know if this is working as designed, or if the system needs to be re-registered in the management system to make control menus visible]

2) All sources agree that the analogue clock should have a settings menu from the steeringwheel multifunction display - but mine doesn't. I want to set the 'sync with COMAND' option, which everywhere assures me should exist, but at the moment am stuck with something 15 minutes out of sync and no visible means to ever change it...

3) How can I find out what firmware various systems are running at (don't know if previous owner updated any systems)

4) What do you wish you'd known in the first year of ownership that you do now?

Thanks for any and all help....
Old 05-26-2014, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E 350 Diesel Sedan, 1959 220SE
Originally Posted by Hivemind
Just acquired an SLK 350, and I have a few questions that I cant find answers to in the manual or forums.

1a) Should the parktronic give audible feedback at longer ranges (1,2 or 3 yellow lights, say?)

1b) Should there be a setting menu accessed from the steering wheel menus that affects parktronic setup - i.e. audio feedback on/off

[to explain: parktronic was giving an error code when I got the car; dealer fixed it, but it makes no noise, just the lights. I don't know if this is working as designed, or if the system needs to be re-registered in the management system to make control menus visible]

2) All sources agree that the analogue clock should have a settings menu from the steeringwheel multifunction display - but mine doesn't. I want to set the 'sync with COMAND' option, which everywhere assures me should exist, but at the moment am stuck with something 15 minutes out of sync and no visible means to ever change it...

3) How can I find out what firmware various systems are running at (don't know if previous owner updated any systems)

4) What do you wish you'd known in the first year of ownership that you do now?

Thanks for any and all help....
I just joined this forum and was surprised that you have not received any replies yet so decided to reply. Well I have only owned my SLK350 for a few months and it does not have the Parktronic option. As for setting the clock to synch with Command you have to set that option in the Command settings. It's not accessed from steering wheel controls. For your question 4 I wish I would have known that the manual trans shifting was not smooth or I would have purchased the easier to find more popular automatic trans. Enjoy your new car.