SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: New to this forum :D

Old 01-25-2015, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz SLK 200 K R171
Talking New to this forum :D

Hi everybody.
As you can see from the title, I'm new here.
I just got my second SLK, first was a R170 200K and now I got a R171.
It's an SLK 200K with 85.000km from 09-07-2004, so I think one f the firsts R171 to be sold.
I bought it directly from a Mercedes shop.

This car came fitted with heated seats, air scarf, bi-xenon, Comand APS with Aux in (in the glob compartment) and the GPS DVD unit in the truck, light and rain sensors, Nokia phone adapter in the harm rest compartment and some more stuff that I don't remember right now.
Although it doesn't have Logic7 sound system, parking sensors, side mirrors not turning down when reverse is engaged (I think comfort package), Bluetooth not supporting newer phones and no iPod or usb connection, remote roof operation, etc.

I already have a few solutions for some of the things I'm mossing, like a Veseeo Bluetooth module to be installed on the Nokia adapter so I can connect my iPhone and use it via Bluetooth and still be able to control the calls via Comand Aps and/or steering wheel commands.

iPod adapter, Mercedes wanted 600€ just for the cables and installation, so I decided not to and will use DVD's burned with loads of MP3, or can use the Aux In to connect any MP3 music player.

Controlling the roof remotely, as tons of people here already said, SmartTop is the way to go.

Logic7, or sorround sound system, there's realy nothing I can do if I don't wanna spend 2000€ installing the HK system.

Now I have some questions that I would like to post so other SLK owners could help me. Should I make a thread for each question or post them all here??

Thanks in advance.
LP
Old 01-26-2015, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz SLK 200 K R171
51 views and not a single welcome reply??
Is this really a forum for Mercedes enthusiasts where people try to help each other?
Not even the moderators??