SLK-Class (R172) 2011-Present SLK200, SLK250, SLK350, and SLK 55

SLK/R172: 2014 SLK 250 MARS RED Clear Coat Peeling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes SLK250
Angry 2014 SLK 250 MARS RED Clear Coat Peeling

Ibought a 2014 Mars Red Mercedes SLK250 in November of 2013. I was happy with mycar up until a month ago when I saw some problem with the paint. It looked likebubbling on the trunk and I saw a few more spots on the hood. I took it down tothe dealership were I got the car, (Mercedes of Cutler Bay, Florida). Myservice tech told me that it was the clear coat that was coming off and thiswas a problem that this color has, and that the warranty would cover therepair, which would be a total strip down and repaint the car, but he warned meof by the car being repainted that it would greatly depreciate the value of thecar, he suggested that they send pictures to Mercedes. That was done andMercedes had told the dealership that they would only honor the warranty.Nothing was said about the depreciation that I would have to take. This is notmy fault!!! It is a factory problem that they knew about before I got my car. Noone ever disclosed while buying the car that Mercedes was experiencing aproblem with Mars Red. There are many references on the internet that peoplejust like me have been having the same issue with the same color MARS RED. MySLK250 only has 6,700 miles it is in perfect condition, never in any accidentsor scratches or any damage at all. I feel it’s very unfair for me to have totake a large depreciation on a NEW CAR. So why won’t Mercedes stand behind a$56,800 car I bought, not even past 2015 yet with only 6,700 miles? Why shouldI take the depreciation? When I alreadytook one driving it off the lot the day I got it!! Buyer beware of MARS RED andthe clear coat!!!!!! Mercedes Shame on you!!!! So my next step is how far can I take it!!!!!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:37 PM

Mercedes SLK250
Smile UP DATE ON MARS RED PAINT PEELING

After sending out a lot of letters, I got a call from the dealership on 8/20/2015 that they wanted to have a meeting that day. I had to work so I told them I could make it the following day which was Friday 8/21/2015. The meeting included the GM of the dealership, and the sales manager. They started out saying they wanted me to be happy, and what would it take? I told them I wanted the same car in a different color or my money back. Well they said that can not be done, they had no 2014's with all the options I had. So they told me that they had a 2015 SLK350 in the color I wanted and the options that matched my 2014. But this was quite a bit more on the sticker price. To make a long story short, the dealership told me I could have the 2015 SLK350 even up, no money out of my pocket, deal done. The dealership stood behind the problem and they took care of it out of pocket. I know I will be buying all my Mercedes from them in the future. Anyone that takes a stand like that, and goes out of their way to back a product, they are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2015, 12:18 PM

2014 GLK 350 AMG Package
I have a 2014 Mercedes GLK 350 with AMG package and Mars Red. We bought brand new about 18 months ago and the clear coat last week started coming off. The whole car is blistering as well. I feel the same way as you did. What dealership did you use? I do not want a repainted car. I worked as the GM at a racing road course and know how well Porsche treats their clients and hope Mercedes will treat me the same...as they treated you. Was it easier to deal with the manufacture or the dealership? Thanks for all your help.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ALL
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JoesSLK250
After sending out a lot of letters, I got a call from the dealership on 8/20/2015 that they wanted to have a meeting that day. I had to work so I told them I could make it the following day which was Friday 8/21/2015. The meeting included the GM of the dealership, and the sales manager. They started out saying they wanted me to be happy, and what would it take? I told them I wanted the same car in a different color or my money back. Well they said that can not be done, they had no 2014's with all the options I had. So they told me that they had a 2015 SLK350 in the color I wanted and the options that matched my 2014. But this was quite a bit more on the sticker price. To make a long story short, the dealership told me I could have the 2015 SLK350 even up, no money out of my pocket, deal done. The dealership stood behind the problem and they took care of it out of pocket. I know I will be buying all my Mercedes from them in the future. Anyone that takes a stand like that, and goes out of their way to back a product, they are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT is an amazing testimony of a Brand & Dealership that will stand behind the customer in the right way. BRAVO.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:11 AM

2014 GLK 350 AMG Package
Thank you. What dealership?

Can anyone please tell me which dealership this is that is being referred to?