SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

SLK32 AMG 2 second throttle lag

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 32 AMG
SLK32 AMG 2 second throttle lag

I have owned an SLK32 AMG from new (registered November 2001). It has had a very easy life but in the last few months it has developed a very strange throttle lag when started for the first time from cold. The throttle pedal can be pressed but the engine does not start to gather speed for about 2 seconds. This happens whether in gear or neutral. There appears to be no lag when taking the foot back off the pedal. This happens after about 50% of start-ups at present. The problem can always be removed by switching off the engine and re-starting. My initial thoughts are that it is a software problem in the throttle "drive by wire system" and switching off reboots it. Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause and fix for this problem and does the modilo-life warranty cover this (the car is RHD but as I live in Germany it was bought there so only came with a one year manufacturers warranty)?
Apart from this problem, the car has been 100% reliable. I get a 2000 rpm exhaust resonance when cold but I have read this is the exhaust cats touching each other. Presumably eventually they will wear out of contact if I do nothing about it myself.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you have a concern, take it to the dealer for the car's sake!