SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

heat exchanger replacement help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 03:27 PM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 c63
heat exchanger replacement help!

I have searched here and MB board and read most all the threads on it. I am still confused what fits our slk32 AMG cars for a replacement HE with little/no modifications. Some seem to work on C32 / R170 / E55 and not specifically ours.

I see two types: one which has flat tabs on the top that come out parallel/flat with the top of the HE and is supposed to bolt to the factory location under the crash bar(FTP, PLM) However, some posts say the oil cooler needs to be moved and/or the tow hook eye is in the way with this setup.

The second sits at the same location apparently but has vertical hanger straps on the front edge that are run up and connected to the front crash bar after bumper removed for mounting. (ala Fabtech, Eurocharged)

Also someone said a stock E55 HE will fit ?

Problem is with the age of the car a lot of them don't even seem to be available/manufactured any more.... So something still available would be nice .. I wound prefer not the needswings (although I have a ton of their stuff) as I want stock location and not to block that much radiator..

thanks!! Any advice appreciated...

Last edited by kavik; 10-29-2016 at 04:52 PM.