SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

AMG logo on command unit?

Old 09-27-2005, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
just wondering...when you have the AMG startup logo and have the audio screen selected in the instrument cluster...set the radio to AM and tell me wether you still have the AM Frequency displayed in the instrument cluster.

On the W211s it no longer displayed the AM frequency in the IC when the comand starts up with AMG.

greetingz,
Steve is right... the AM frequency does not show up on mine anymore.
I don't really care since I never listen to AM radio.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:45 AM
CP1

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by Silver_Lana
Steve is right... the AM frequency does not show up on mine anymore.
I don't really care since I never listen to AM radio.
What about talk radio???? You'll miss Rush and Savage Nation.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:44 AM

A SL55 delivered 8/18/07, and an E55 wagon delivered 5/11/05
I have changed the radio over to the AMG screen on both my cars no sometime ago no problems I also did it on Vic 55's and LisaMcgu's cars ( with thier permission ) and they had no problems. I also been taught a way to lower the rear quarter windows of our SLK's while the top is still up anyone wanna know? I sure there is a MBZ TSB out there voiding our warranty on this also. ( Gee my engine and Trans are shot not covered because you used the 3-5-7 trick) Wolf
Old 10-02-2005, 07:07 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mr Wolf
I have changed the radio over to the AMG screen on both my cars no sometime ago no problems I also did it on Vic 55's and LisaMcgu's cars ( with thier permission ) and they had no problems. I also been taught a way to lower the rear quarter windows of our SLK's while the top is still up anyone wanna know? I sure there is a MBZ TSB out there voiding our warranty on this also. ( Gee my engine and Trans are shot not covered because you used the 3-5-7 trick) Wolf
Mr. Wolf, assume you do lose the AM radio channel display in the center display also (I assume this bug in the programming is why they are not setting AMG boot screen as the default)?

Also on lowering the rear quarter windows, I think that is in the manual. I use it all the time during the hot summer. If I want to leave the windows "cracked" but not so noticable I lower the rears about 1 inch. Also once driving, to let the hot air blow out (while the A/C catches up) I lower the rears with the door windows still up.

Basically it's a double tap and hold on the convertible top switch on the center panel. The rears drop first, then it you continue to hold the door windows drop.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:24 AM

clk w209 350 convertible
Does the 5-3-7 trick also work on clk's w209 ?