New SLK55 owner.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
New SLK55 owner.

Hello fellow members. Been wanting a SLK55 for a long time and today I finally picked up one. And I must add what a fun car this is. even more fun than a C63. I been a Merc enthousiast since I was a kid and usually change cars every 3-4 years. I been a member on here for a long time and I'm hoping to continue for a long time on the R171 section, although this section is not as alive as some of the others.

BTW: the previous owner has tinted the tail lights and I'm not a big fan of them, anybody want to swap for the stock ones? Or point me somewhere I can get them for a decent price?

Some of my previous cars:

Last edited by tasho3; 05-28-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Congrats tasho3!

That's a nice little rocket! Enjoy!

Got pics of the interior?
Old 05-26-2013, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by Havoc
Congrats tasho3!

That's a nice little rocket! Enjoy!

Got pics of the interior?
Thank you very much. Seems like you are the most active member in this section.

Shift knob seems to be a bit worn out but that's an easy fix. Also planning to change the steering wheel to something more updated and with proper peddle shifters!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by tasho3
Thank you very much. Seems like you are the most active member in this section.

Shift knob seems to be a bit worn out but that's an easy fix. Also planning to change the steering wheel to something more updated and with proper peddle shifters!
I haven't been on in quite a while, but yeah I like my little SLK55 and this section!

I like your interior color. It's different and looks great against the black exterior.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
I haven't been on in quite a while, but yeah I like my little SLK55 and this section!

I like your interior color. It's different and looks great against the black exterior.
Thank you sir! And I love your little beast. Looks very classy and clean!

I have a couple questions that you can probably answer. Does this car display engine temperature somewhere in the dash? I looked and couldn't find it. And also, are all these cars opted with sat radio? I hit the 'sat' button and it displays 'no satellite radio'? I looked in the trunk and I see this cables (pic below) hanging out as if something is disconnected?

Old 05-26-2013, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tasho3
Thank you sir! And I love your little beast. Looks very classy and clean!

I have a couple questions that you can probably answer. Does this car display engine temperature somewhere in the dash? I looked and couldn't find it. And also, are all these cars opted with sat radio? I hit the 'sat' button and it displays 'no satellite radio'? I looked in the trunk and I see this cables (pic below) hanging out as if something is disconnected?
To display the engine temp, scroll the display until you reach your millage, then hit the up arrow button to display the engine temp.

Looks like you're missing the Sat antenna which is usually mounted in the center of the trunk lid. Mercedes-Benz partnered with Sirius XM Radio to offer Sirius satellite radio as a standard feature. You'll have to order and pay a monthly fee in order to use the Satellite radio system.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
To display the engine temp, scroll the display until you reach your millage, then hit the up arrow button to display the engine temp.

Looks like you're missing the Sat antenna which is usually mounted in the center of the trunk lid. Mercedes-Benz partnered with Sirius XM Radio to offer Sirius satellite radio as a standard feature. You'll have to order and pay a monthly fee in order to use the Satellite radio system.
I had Siriusxm on my previous car tried to switch the service to this one but I couldn't get the ime number to give it to the xm agent! I knew they were standard, but figured maybe somebody took it out. I'll have too look deeper into the issue I guess!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 55 AMG
Congrats!!! I'm a newbie too.

I just bought the same Black 2005 model 2 days ago for my wife. Looks identical to yours ... it only had 26,850 miles with one owner.

The cables you are seeing in the truck is for the Navigation DVD. The device should be mounted there.

I am seeing the same issue with the Sirius radio and had the same question you did.

Is there any way to hook up an iPhone? The owner said there isn't but I noticed there is an AUX mode on the Harman Kardon system.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by mkammeier
Congrats!!! I'm a newbie too.

I just bought the same Black 2005 model 2 days ago for my wife. Looks identical to yours ... it only had 26,850 miles with one owner.

The cables you are seeing in the truck is for the Navigation DVD. The device should be mounted there.

I am seeing the same issue with the Sirius radio and had the same question you did.

Is there any way to hook up an iPhone? The owner said there isn't but I noticed there is an AUX mode on the Harman Kardon system.
Hello, thank you and congrats on yours as well. Mine has 78000 miles on it but it is a one owner Florida car and all services done at MB. I got a great deal on it as the people at the dealership are long time friends of mine and this is the third time I buy from them. My Nav DVD thing is located under the compartment where the top folds down. So I thought these cables were for something else. And I have iPod connectivity in my arm rest and it looks OEM. IDK if it was added later on.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 g35
for sle

hey Tasho3, It looks like this car is for sale at the dealer. they have the same old pictures on there as well. did you sell it back ? whats the story with it ?
Old 10-24-2013, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by mpukr9djsocr
hey Tasho3, It looks like this car is for sale at the dealer. they have the same old pictures on there as well. did you sell it back ? whats the story with it ?
I got over it real quick once the summer weather came to an end. I didn't intend on keeping it long from the start. It's a very fun car. Great condition. And I believe there is somebody currently buying it.