SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK55 Feedback Much Appreciated.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 02:19 PM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
New, old Mercedes and REAL AMG's.
SLK55 Feedback Much Appreciated.

Hello guys. I will be starting a search for one of these cars (2006'ish) as a present for my dad who will retire within the next 3 to 6 months.

He liked the 32's but I perceive that the 55's are better performers and they have that nasty AMG V-8 sound.

How are these cars aging so far? Anything to look for when buying a used car? I would like to find him a clean, non-modified example, hopefully with around 30k miles on it, or less.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55AMG
I suggest you post this question at SLKWorld.com which is the largest and most active online forum for SLK owners. Pretty much the exact opposite of this mbworld.org chapter.

Last edited by SDSL; 01-03-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:55 AM

Thank you for the reference. I was about to say, this SLK section seems extremely slow compared to other threads on MBW.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Do it! Look for one with P30 if you can! You'll totally live it. I really miss mine. Most fun car I ever owned, and in someway I ever driven. And working at Exotic motors I have driven everything! It truly is a little beast that can do it all, fun wise that is! I'm debating getting another one!
Old 01-17-2014, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by tasho3
Do it! Look for one with P30 if you can! You'll totally live it. I really miss mine. Most fun car I ever owned, and in someway I ever driven. And working at Exotic motors I have driven everything! It truly is a little beast that can do it all, fun wise that is! I'm debating getting another one!
It sounds like fun! What does P30 package include?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by MercsDude
It sounds like fun! What does P30 package include?
Carbon fiber interior, suede inserts on the steering wheel. But most importantly, much better suspension and brakes! Possibly an LSD? I can't stress enough how much fun this little things are. I don't know what your budget is, but you can find some really good units in the $20's And they are very very reliable as well.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by tasho3
Carbon fiber interior, suede inserts on the steering wheel. But most importantly, much better suspension and brakes! Possibly an LSD? I can't stress enough how much fun this little things are. I don't know what your budget is, but you can find some really good units in the $20's And they are very very reliable as well.
You aren't kidding on the fun factor.

An SL55 is what actually turned me into AMG products about four years ago. Until then, I've always had Mercedes cars but not an AMG, then one morning I saw this little red SLK55 at a dealership and took it for a test drive ... with the top down ...

You can only imagine the grin on my face when I heard the blast of and AMG engine for the first time when I floored it!! It was like being strapped to the nose of a train!!!!

THAT DAY I was ruined, I realized I wouldn't be able to drive a normal Benz again....of course I could not afford an AMG at the time so I had to wait for a while until I got me a C63 (needed a four door) and then the ML63 (I guess I "needed" an SUV).

Now that the kids are gone, I think my dad could "need" a little rocket ... plus if I behave, I might be able to borrow it once in a while .

I have realized most of them come in silver or black, so I will keep trying to find a different color ...
Old 01-17-2014, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
The SL55 is an amazing machine, but a completely different feel! The SLK is like a go kart on steroids! I remember waking up every day in the summer and couldn't wait to drive to work (about 30 mile drive on highway) with top down and listen to that amazing sound. I had the resonator removed on mine, which made it sound like a C63 but louder. And I had a few different e55 drivers ask me what did I have done to it when we would pull up to lights after a bit of a run in. It truly is an amazing machine to have fun in. There is a top gear episode where they tested this car, and Jeremy Clarkson couldn't stop talking about how much fun it was. He actually bought one for himself, and he could barely fit in it. Look it up

We have one at work for sale:

http://exotic-motors.ebizautos.mobi/...-11424097.html

But to be honest with you, I think you can find better deals.

Last edited by tasho3; 01-17-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:48 PM

I stand corrected, the car I drove was an SLK55...what a beast!

Did you mean this videos?

I'm in love.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by MercsDude
I stand corrected, the car I drove was an SLK55...what a beast! Did you mean this videos? Video Link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hPhoazBcLYY Video Link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yo2XXsPkkH4 I'm in love.
Yep that's the vid I was talking about!