SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Accessories at the trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 09:11 PM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
'00 SL600
Just in case readers haven't figured it out - the part number is on those white labels. I did a google search and found them available here:

http://www.mbpartsworld.com/p/Merced...975409405.html

http://www.mbpartsworld.com/p/Merced...975409505.html

I've ordered parts from them in the past. Very reliable. I'd call them versus ordering online; you'll want them to verify the parts are in stock.

It's 2 separate cables; you need them both in addition to the charger.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a few
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo
Just in case readers haven't figured it out - the part number is on those white labels. I did a google search and found them available here:

http://www.mbpartsworld.com/p/Merced...975409405.html

http://www.mbpartsworld.com/p/Merced...975409505.html

I've ordered parts from them in the past. Very reliable. I'd call them versus ordering online; you'll want them to verify the parts are in stock.

It's 2 separate cables; you need them both in addition to the charger.

thank you!!!!!!!! you saved me a very long frustrating phone call with the local parts guy tomorrow
Old 02-07-2017, 11:43 PM

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
2011 SLS AMG coupe, 1997 Yellow/Blk Hummer H1, 2014 Monterey Blue SLS AMG GT roadster
Originally Posted by soroush
thank you!!!!!!!! you saved me a very long frustrating phone call with the local parts guy tomorrow
Both of the cables are currently for sale on eBay:
A1975409405
A1975409505

I have no affiliation with any of the cables on eBay.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:56 PM

a few
Originally Posted by Rbcj50cal
Both of the cables are currently for sale on eBay:
A1975409405
A1975409505

I have no affiliation with any of the cables on eBay.

you guys are awesome! just got them! thank you.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG SLS & S coupe
Which part number is the magnetic cable? I really don't need it as I'm in Florida and drive the car year round.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:19 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
SLS AMG
Confirmed that the "adapter" magnetic cable and wire was included with the original car. I purchased my sls used and found the cables, still in their plastic wrap, in the trunk. I didn't know what they were for for a long time (until I needed to set up a trickle charger system). The writing (as in the photos here) was in German.

So if you bought the car new you got the 2 plastic bags with the adapter parts. BUT you still would need to order the charger.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:00 AM

a few
Ill post some pics and start a new thread so that anyone else buying a used sis can have the info as well, as more cars change hands chances are that these included equipment may often be missing or misplaced by the previous owners that was the case with my car, it didn't even come with the cable to connect the iPod or an owners manual, the car had previous owners which did not keep everything together and thats ok I have sourced a manual already and purchased the wires thanks to Rbcj50cal for pointing me in the right direction. I must have done 20 searches on eBay and didn't find them until he posted the numbers thanks again for that.

in addition on the right side of the trunk there are velcro straps that Im certain were used to hold something again missing in the car and I have no idea what was supposed to be there
Old 02-08-2017, 10:36 AM

'00 SL600
Ill post some pics and start a new thread so that anyone else buying a used sis can have the info as well, as more cars change hands chances are that these included equipment may often be missing or misplaced by the previous owners that was the case with my car, it didn't even come with the cable to connect the iPod or an owners manual, the car had previous owners which did not keep everything together and thats ok I have sourced a manual already and purchased the wires thanks to Rbcj50cal for pointing me in the right direction. I must have done 20 searches on eBay and didn't find them until he posted the numbers thanks again for that.

in addition on the right side of the trunk there are velcro straps that Im certain were used to hold something again missing in the car and I have no idea what was supposed to be there
I published half a dozen pics, the part numbers multiple times, links to order them, and the tip to search eBay but yah...you're welcome.

Here is a link to the MB First Aid kit that you're missing. Goes in the velcro straps. There are a load of them available on eBay, look carefully to make sure you get one for a decent price with all the "stuff" inside and not an empty bag.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-BEN...item43fc71dce9
The following 2 users liked this post by Sandy Eggo:
bteasley (02-10-2017), cls55 (02-10-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 10:44 AM

a few
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo
I published half a dozen pics, the part numbers multiple times, links to order them, and the tip to search eBay but yah...you're welcome.

Here is a link to the MB First Aid kit that you're missing. Goes in the velcro straps. There are a load of them available on eBay, look carefully to make sure you get one for a decent price with all the "stuff" inside and not an empty bag.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-BEN...item43fc71dce9
I actually have the first aid kit( and its full) when I got the car it was placed on the left side of the trunk behind the removable panel where the air pump and sealant are. I will relocate it to its proper place
Old 02-08-2017, 10:45 AM

'00 SL600
I actually have the first aid kit( and its full) when I got the car it was placed on the left side of the trunk behind the removable panel where the air pump and sealant are. I will relocate it to its proper place
Again, you're welcome.
The following users liked this post:
soroush (02-08-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 06:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG SLS & S coupe
I just found the magnetic connector in the compartment on the left side of the trunk. My sis is a 2014 roadster.