SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Accessories at the trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 AMG SLS, K&N Air Filter, Cargraphic Exhaust, Klassen M51R Wheels
Accessories at the trunk

Just bought an used 2011 coupe and have noticed quite a few accessories are missing in the trunk.

Can someone kind enough to post some pictures of complete accessories?

Many thanks in advance!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:10 AM

AMG SLS & S coupe
All I got in my 2014 is a jack and first aid kit and tire inflation kit and tow hook.

Last edited by Daytona-flyer; 04-14-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:02 PM

2011 AMG SLS, K&N Air Filter, Cargraphic Exhaust, Klassen M51R Wheels
Originally Posted by Daytona-flyer
All I got in my 2014 is a jack and first aid kit and tire inflation kit and tow hook.
So far, I can only see a tow hook and the tyre inflation kit that's it.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:07 PM

AMG SLS & S coupe
Different years may explain it. You have all you need. With goo for the tires and no spare, why do you need a jack. The first aid kit is nice. You can get this things for a minimal price at any Mercedes dealer.

Oh BTW...Get some new goo in a year or so. If I remember correctly, the GM stuff for my Corvette was only good for five years. I think the stuff to use is Green Slime. It's supposed to be better for the tire than Fix-A-Flat. Perhaps someone else will chime in with their experience.

Last edited by Daytona-flyer; 04-14-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
My car came with the trickle charger accessory kit, which basically is the magnetic connection to charge the car with the Mercedes tickle charger when in storage .
Attached Thumbnails Accessories at the trunk-20121030_201809.jpg  
Old 04-14-2014, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another accessory which is part of the kit in the trunk.
Attached Thumbnails Accessories at the trunk-20121030_201740.jpg  
Old 04-15-2014, 03:26 AM

AMG SLS & S coupe
Originally Posted by 1st amg
My car came with the trickle charger accessory kit, which basically is the magnetic connection to charge the car with the Mercedes tickle charger when in storage .

Oh yeah, I forgot about the cable. I have no idea what it's for.

Though I got a trickle charger too, I thought it was part of the cold winter kit which also included an indoor car cover. (The car came from a dealer in Ohio.)
Old 04-16-2014, 09:58 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
SLS AMG
According to the user manual, the accessories may vary depending on what country you are in. Apparently some vehicles have a fire extinguisher?? Mine does not. (Under the driver's seat)

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual...ual_base.shtml
Old 04-25-2015, 02:02 PM

SLS AMG
Thanks "1st AMG" for posting those photos. I just came back from purchasing a trickle charger from a Mercedes Dealership - and I kept saying "But that won't fit onto the plug that's in the trunk". They didn't know what I was talking about. They wanted me to use the aligator cables and go directly onto the battery.

If you purchase a trickle charger from Mercedes it will NOT plug directly into the "secret" plug in that is in the trunk (driver side) of the SLS. You will need both pieces of the adapter kit mentioned previously in this thread. Those 2 pieces plus the trickle charger bought from the dealership ($155) will allow you to plug directly into the outlet that is in the trunk.

I haven't plugged the whole thing up to the electrical outlet that's in the garage yet, but everything else connects perfectly.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 144 Posts
SLS AMG
I am just plugging the tender (non MB) straight to the battery with clips. Not sure the trunk cable saves much time.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by Watchbeat
Just bought an used 2011 coupe and have noticed quite a few accessories are missing in the trunk.
Congratulations! Start up a new thread and post up some pics!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:18 PM

SLS AMG
Just reporting that the Mercedes trickle charger combined with the 2 piece adapter kit works perfectly. Very simple to assemble and plug in. Just like you would expect.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Apparently this set up is also much safer as it won't generate too much heat in the battery under the hood as you would using the alligator clips directly on the battery. Especially if the car sits on the trickle charger a few months at a time as mine does in the winter months.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by bteasley
Just reporting that the Mercedes trickle charger combined with the 2 piece adapter kit works perfectly. Very simple to assemble and plug in. Just like you would expect.
Question... Do you close the trunk on the cord all the way or, gently leave it open?
Old 05-01-2015, 04:29 PM

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by NewportSLS
Question... Do you close the trunk on the cord all the way or, gently leave it open?
The trunk is closed all the way, no problem. The cord is fairly thin. The squishy molding is maleable (sp?) and the trunk has no problem closing and accommodating the thin cord.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:09 PM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
'00 SL600
Originally Posted by bteasley
Thanks "1st AMG" for posting those photos. I just came back from purchasing a trickle charger from a Mercedes Dealership - and I kept saying "But that won't fit onto the plug that's in the trunk". They didn't know what I was talking about. They wanted me to use the aligator cables and go directly onto the battery.

If you purchase a trickle charger from Mercedes it will NOT plug directly into the "secret" plug in that is in the trunk (driver side) of the SLS. You will need both pieces of the adapter kit mentioned previously in this thread. Those 2 pieces plus the trickle charger bought from the dealership ($155) will allow you to plug directly into the outlet that is in the trunk.

I haven't plugged the whole thing up to the electrical outlet that's in the garage yet, but everything else connects perfectly.
I have the 2 accessories with the magnetic connectors. I thought I'd be able to just connect a regular CTEK charger to the magnetic adapter (1st pic from 1st AMG) but it doesn't match up.

I guess the $155 re-branded CTEK from Mercedes must have the correct pigtail adapter??

If anyone can post a picture of the pieces all connected to the magnetic 12V port in the trunk - I'd appreciate it.

PS What on earth is the other adapter for - i.e., the one with magnetic connectors on both ends? Is it effectively a magnetic extension cord??
Old 01-09-2016, 08:11 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
SLS Roadster
Originally Posted by 1st amg
This is exactly what I'm looking for!
Thanks for the part# , I'll call the dealer on monday

Thanks

J
Old 01-11-2016, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am very happy to see that this thread is still being utilized!
Old 04-29-2016, 01:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E350, SLS AMG, Z8
Very helpful, I thought the trickle charger came with the car as an accessory, but only the SLS specific wires and connector were provided. Good to know about closing the trunk too during the charging.

Was the OEM car cover included with the SLS?
Old 04-29-2016, 09:06 AM

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
2011 SLS AMG coupe, 1997 Yellow/Blk Hummer H1, 2014 Monterey Blue SLS AMG GT roadster
Originally Posted by Edez mb
Very helpful, I thought the trickle charger came with the car as an accessory, but only the SLS specific wires and connector were provided. Good to know about closing the trunk too during the charging.

Was the OEM car cover included with the SLS?

It was an option.
The following users liked this post:
Edez mb (04-29-2016)
Old 02-07-2017, 07:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a few
guys I just purchased a 2011 sis and I really like to use the magnetic connector in the trunk to keep the battery charged up

unfortunately my car did not come with the said wire and mb dealership in my area is clueless when I asked them about it

can someone please post the part number or link where I can buy or if someone would like to sell theirs I would really appreciate any help. thanks
Old 02-07-2017, 08:46 PM

'00 SL600
Ok, here we go.

Here's the part # for the charger unit itself along with the price as of a year ago.

Here's the back of the charger.

Here's the critical connection point between the charger and magnetic cable adapter.

There are 2 accessories cables required to make the magnetic connection in the trunk. Here is the part label for cable #1:

Here is the part label for cable #2, sorry it's not very legible anymore:

Finally, here are the 2 accessory cables joined together and connecting the charger to the charging port in the SLS trunk.

The following users liked this post:
soroush (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 08:54 PM

a few
thanks a bunch I did purchase the trickle charger today at pretty much the same price. when I asked him about the other wires he looked at me like a deer caught.... well you know.

now I have to convince him that there is actually a part number that the wire belongs too
Old 02-07-2017, 09:01 PM

'00 SL600
Originally Posted by soroush
thanks a bunch I did purchase the trickle charger today at pretty much the same price. when I asked him about the other wires he looked at me like a deer caught.... well you know.

now I have to convince him that there is actually a part number that the wire belongs too
Good luck! I hope the part numbers help you track down the cables.

Here's why the Parts guy is baffled...I believe those cables were just "in the car" along with other random accessories (plate holder, iPod cable, etc.). They weren't something you had to order...they were just with the car from new. Chances are a lot of previous owners just took them out of the trunk and never conveyed to the next owner. Now new crops of enthusiasts are buying the SLS and want to use the unique charging feature to the SLS. You're probably the first and last guy who will ever ask a Parts guy about these cables.

You might try eBay, just a thought.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:04 PM

a few
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo
Good luck! I hope the part numbers help you track down the cables.

Here's why the Parts guy is baffled...I believe those cables were just "in the car" along with other random accessories (plate holder, iPod cable, etc.). They weren't something you had to order...they were just with the car from new. Chances are a lot of previous owners just took them out of the trunk and never conveyed to the next owner. Now new crops of enthusiasts are buying the SLS and want to use the unique charging feature to the SLS. You're probably the first and last guy who will ever ask a Parts guy about these cables.

You might try eBay, just a thought.
Ive been looking trust me but until tonight I had not even seen what they look like let alone be able to find them anywhere if anyone here is willing to sell their magnetic cable I will buy it

Last edited by soroush; 02-07-2017 at 09:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Accessories at the trunk