SLS/R197/C197 AMG: So what is an SLS really worth? Trade In Value

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes SLS
So what is an SLS really worth? Trade In Value

Hi Guys,
I have been looking to buy an SLS. I noticed that the ones with higher miles are a much better value (at least to me) than those with 2-5k in miles. The sweet spot seems to be at about 15K

Basically what I am asking is this.

An SLS with 16K is the perfect car for me. What do you think the dealership offers on trade in? I know that anytime I want to trade in my car (currently a Porsche) they lowball the value and talk about how trade ins are wholesale value not KBB and its probably going to auction blah blah blah. Anything to lowball me on what they will pay. So I am thinking they lowballed the person who sold them the SLS they are now selling to me. So my question is...

How much do they offer?
Anybody out there actually get an offer from a dealership for their SLS?

I have been REALLY close to closing a deal. One car got sold within 1 hour before I could send a deposit. The other I am looking at currently is too high in price, at least what I consider too high in the current market. I am trying to figure out what they paid...

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-17-2014, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sls gullwing, sls roadster, panoz esperante gtlm
The dealer paid $170k in Feb, 2014 for the 2013 roadster that we bought after that. It had 2800 miles on it. Is diamond white, has black wheels and carbon fiber trim.

I also have a 2013 gullwing that I bought for $165k with 8500 miles on it last November. The keys are the options. The alu-beam color with red interior is worth more than say .. silver with black.

The black and silver models seam to go for less money. By the way, if you buy one from a mb dealer, buy the $3500 extended warranty that takes you to 7 years, 75000 miles.

I would recommend buying the GT (2013 or better). It should hold it's value more, has nicer trim, shifts quicker, .... great car. By the way, both our sls's are our drivers ... my wife drives the roadster (she traded in a 2013 911), I drive the gullwing.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E63S
Originally Posted by MercLA
Hi Guys,
I have been looking to buy an SLS. I noticed that the ones with higher miles are a much better value (at least to me) than those with 2-5k in miles. The sweet spot seems to be at about 15K

Basically what I am asking is this.

An SLS with 16K is the perfect car for me. What do you think the dealership offers on trade in? I know that anytime I want to trade in my car (currently a Porsche) they lowball the value and talk about how trade ins are wholesale value not KBB and its probably going to auction blah blah blah. Anything to lowball me on what they will pay. So I am thinking they lowballed the person who sold them the SLS they are now selling to me. So my question is...

How much do they offer?
Anybody out there actually get an offer from a dealership for their SLS?

I have been REALLY close to closing a deal. One car got sold within 1 hour before I could send a deposit. The other I am looking at currently is too high in price, at least what I consider too high in the current market. I am trying to figure out what they paid...

Thanks in advance!
These cars are dropping in price big time. You should be able to find what you want at a good price. Even though you may get less for your trade in don't forget you save on taxes. Also keep in mind the hassle of trying to sell a car...