SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Tune for 2013 SLS GT AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 02:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 SLS GT AMG
Tune for 2013 SLS GT AMG

Hi all

I'm new to the forum. I've been doing some searches here wanting to find any mod vendors who'd provide a tune with a hand-held tune loader device for our cars, so I don't need to figure out how to remove the ECU and ship back and forth... Which reliable tuner would you recommend? Thus far, the only one I see here is from OE Tuning. How is this shop and their tune? Also, for those who have done it in Cal, does the tune affect our ability to pass Ca smog test? How does the tune feel? I'm not looking for much more HP gain, as from my research, for a tune-only mod, w/o exhaust, the gain is about 20hp, which is fine because my main goal for the tune is to remove the speed limit...because the next time when I and my friends rent a couple of runways at Mojave Airport, I might take the SLS GT AMG, in addition to my FGT., as I'm curious as to what speed my SLS GT could do in a 1 mile and. 1.5 mile format... Thx for your advice in advance!

Ed

Last edited by AMG GT Ed; 12-12-2014 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63
hey how are you, welcome to the SLS family.

Seems like the sls section is pretty dead compared to when i owned a r8 so alive over there.

my cars tuned with ECU tuning group, Jag's the owner may have a dealer in your area and its completed with a OBD2 loading so no need to remove the ECU.

He bumped my car to +40HP and 60TQ i break loose with Michelin PSS tires in second gear lol

Tell him John Yu with SKF sent you he will take care of you customer service to him is key before the sale
Old 12-12-2014, 05:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
G63, SLS AMG, Shelby GT350
Originally Posted by SkforzaGroup
hey how are you, welcome to the SLS family. Seems like the sls section is pretty dead compared to when i owned a r8 so alive over there. my cars tuned with ECU tuning group, Jag's the owner may have a dealer in your area and its completed with a OBD2 loading so no need to remove the ECU. He bumped my car to +40HP and 60TQ i break loose with Michelin PSS tires in second gear lol Tell him John Yu with SKF sent you he will take care of you customer service to him is key before the sale
I agree with you. R8talk has a wealth of information. Any questions I had, there was always an answer.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 SLS GT AMG
Thanks, John. I just checked out their site and they have a dealer in the SF Bay Area. I'll look into it.
Just curious, how did you know amount of hp and tq increase? Did you establish a base line before installing their tune? Do you know what's your resulted AFR from the tune?

thx

Ed

Originally Posted by SkforzaGroup
hey how are you, welcome to the SLS family.

Seems like the sls section is pretty dead compared to when i owned a r8 so alive over there.

my cars tuned with ECU tuning group, Jag's the owner may have a dealer in your area and its completed with a OBD2 loading so no need to remove the ECU.

He bumped my car to +40HP and 60TQ i break loose with Michelin PSS tires in second gear lol

Tell him John Yu with SKF sent you he will take care of you customer service to him is key before the sale
Old 12-13-2014, 10:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 BS, 2011 SLS, 2014 CLS63-S
I tuned mine with RENNtech and went from 490whp to 515whp. I am very happy with the results. However, I do not believe they have a handheld.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 BS, 2011 SLS, 2014 CLS63-S
Oh, and welcome to the forum
Old 12-14-2014, 04:31 PM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG GT Ed
Hi all

I'm new to the forum. I've been doing some searches here wanting to find any mod vendors who'd provide a tune with a hand-held tune loader device for our cars, so I don't need to figure out how to remove the ECU and ship back and forth... Which reliable tuner would you recommend? Thus far, the only one I see here is from OE Tuning. How is this shop and their tune? Also, for those who have done it in Cal, does the tune affect our ability to pass Ca smog test? How does the tune feel? I'm not looking for much more HP gain, as from my research, for a tune-only mod, w/o exhaust, the gain is about 20hp, which is fine because my main goal for the tune is to remove the speed limit...because the next time when I and my friends rent a couple of runways at Mojave Airport, I might take the SLS GT AMG, in addition to my FGT., as I'm curious as to what speed my SLS GT could do in a 1 mile and. 1.5 mile format... Thx for your advice in advance!

Ed
PMed the tune details
Old 12-15-2014, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63
Originally Posted by AMG GT Ed
Thanks, John. I just checked out their site and they have a dealer in the SF Bay Area. I'll look into it.
Just curious, how did you know amount of hp and tq increase? Did you establish a base line before installing their tune? Do you know what's your resulted AFR from the tune?

thx

Ed
I didnt have the time to dyno as the nearest dyno near my city is 3 hours away.

Jag's has all that information on hand,

renntech is a great tuner sure, Ask them if they have a TCU tune to cater to the horse power increase. They do not unfortunately