SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: What have you had repaired/replaced under warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
G63, SLS AMG, Shelby GT350
What have you had repaired/replaced under warranty

Interested to see what other owners have had repaired or replaced under warranty on the SLS. My warranty will be up in about six months, at which point I will purchase the extended warranty, but I was wanting to see if there are any common issues that I can bring up to have looked at prior to the factory warranty being up. I know the extended warranty is supposed to cover almost everything the factory does but still would like to bring up issues under the factory.

The only thing I've had replaced under warranty is leather trim on the driver door as it was rippling.

Anyone have issues with the door hinges or door trim? With these doors, I can see them being a problem.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLS AMG
Isn't replacing the leather trim on the driver door considered as wear and tear?
Old 05-23-2015, 08:37 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
G63, SLS AMG, Shelby GT350
Originally Posted by dabba
Isn't replacing the leather trim on the driver door considered as wear and tear?
Most of the time but the location of the abnormal wear was near the window, a place where it isn't exposed to wear other than sunlight as placing an arm up there is very uncomfortable. I made the argument that it shouldn't be rippling after only a few years and they agreed.