SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: SLS Roadster issue. Transmission?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Rodaster
SLS Roadster issue. Transmission?

Hello guys. I have a 2012 SLS Roadster with now 4k miles on it. Bought it with 2k miles so practically it was a garage queen. Now; i love the car but there is a big issue that i'm really worried about. When pushing the car to the limits, i'm getting a Check Engine Light and then the car starts to shake. Also the car seems overheated and you can fell it next to your legs, right where the transmission is located. When this happens it makes a noise like the clutch is shaking or something like that. I took it to the dealer, they changed a coilpack. Issue still there. I'm planning on going again tomorrow, could this be an overheated transmission? I'm really lost.
I will post a video of the sound and some pictures with the temps when this happened. Also i'm not sure if its a coincide or not but this mostly happens when i completely fill out my tank with gas. Didn't happen when i have a half tank. Car has a lot of warranty left so i guess they will have to deal with it but i wanted to see what you guys think about this as i have 0 mechanical experience.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails SLS Roadster issue. Transmission?-img_3065.jpg  
Old 05-26-2015, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 144 Posts
SLS AMG
Crazy! I hope you get it worked out quickly.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLS AMG
Transmission is located beneath the trunk, practically a part of rear axle. So your heating problem is something that has nothing to do with tranny and has to be immediately taken care of. Best of luck with solving the issue!