SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Blind spot assist not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 SL550
Blind spot assist not working

Hey guys

I recently wrapped my car with the avery conform rose gold chrome. After i got the car back, the Blind Spot Assit is acting weird. The amber light on the side mirror would work, however, its not picking up any cars when i drive on the drivers side, and on the passengers side, the red triangle would always be on whenever i go above 30 km/h. I was wondering any of the fellow member has wrapped their car chrome and encounter the same problem as me? Now mercedes is suspecting its the wrap's thickness or the metalic that is screwing with the sensors frequency.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:59 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
G63, SLS AMG, Shelby GT350
Haven't wrapped my car with chrome but I suspect that's the reason. Chrome wraps in general are much thicker than 'normal' vinyl wraps. The frequency is probably not passing through so it's suspecting an object is near. If you want to get crazy, I'm sure there is some programmer that can tune the blind spot assist to account for the wrap.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLS AMG
I'm going to wrap my car soon too, and when i asked they said that the chrome wrap is much much thicker than the normal one, what i would suggest is remove the wrap on the parking sensors, i guess that would be your best solution, if it didn't work you'll have to check the installation of the mirrors is right and they didn't cause any damage.

Oh and post some pictures please ! Didn't see any other rose gold SLS than Tyga's.