SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Damage after dealer visit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 05:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
G63, SLS AMG, Shelby GT350
Damage after dealer visit

Last week I took my SLS into the Dallas Park Place Mercedes dealer to have the struts in the doors replaced because they were behaving abnormally...squeaking excessively etc. First time I brought it in the replaced only one door...so when I showed up I had to leave without my car so they could do the other side. After they replaced both I noticed excessive scratches on and around the mirrors. It looked almost as if they placed mounts around that area or something hard hit against them, both in vey similar areas. They "assured" me they didn't use any mounting brackets to hold the door up when the struts were removed but I was wondering if anyone can please disclose the process for replacing the door struts.

As of now they said there's nothing they will do but I find it extremely coincidental that these scratches showed up after I had this service. I have them covered with a clear bra but I'm not sure if they're damaged underneath or not. Unfortunately I noticed the scratches after I drove off the property.