SLS/R197/C197 AMG: PRODUCTION NUMBERS FOR SLS FINAL EDITION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 SLS Final Edition
PRODUCTION NUMBERS FOR SLS FINAL EDITION

Hey folks,

I know that MB is kept locked down tighter than the Pentagon, but does anyone out there know how to find the production numbers for the SLS Final Edition. I'm trying to see how many cars were made in the same color as mine as it was a special order by the original owner. Any thoughts would be helpful. I've e mailed them a couple of times with no response, which tells me they aren't ready to release that info quite yet. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

DF
Old 05-27-2016, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 144 Posts
SLS AMG
Hi DF,
MB doesnt break down the colors. Which is ok by me as it keeps an equal value to all the cars. Like when they released the final edtion and labled them 1 of 350...as you know.

Last edited by NewportSLS; 05-27-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:57 PM

2015 SLS Final Edition
Originally Posted by NewportSLS
Hi DF,
MB doesnt break down the colors. Which is ok by me as it keeps an equal value to all the cars. Like when they released the final edtion and labled them 1 of 350...as you know.
I hear you. I was just looking at the Wikepedia page for the SLS and I noticed the color breakdown for the Black Series which was pretty interesting and I was wondering if anyone did one for the Final Editions. I have to assume that that information come from somwhere other than Mercedes. Thanks for the info!

DF
Old 05-27-2016, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by Dragon Fan
I hear you. I was just looking at the Wikepedia page for the SLS and I noticed the color breakdown for the Black Series which was pretty interesting and I was wondering if anyone did one for the Final Editions.
DF
Not sure how official this is on the BS...

39 - 197 Obsidian Black
32 - 048 designo Mystic White
30 - 278 Solarbeam Yellow
10 - 756 Imola Grey
7 - 775 Iridium Silver
7 - 044 Magno Alanite Grey
5 - 590 Mars Red
1 - 494 LeMans Red (pre-production car that was built before 494 was cancelled on the SLS platform)
1 - 777 Silver Arrow (one-off car made for internal purposes)
Old 05-27-2016, 02:10 PM

2015 SLS Final Edition
Not sure how official this is on the BS...

39 - 197 Obsidian Black
32 - 048 designo Mystic White
30 - 278 Solarbeam Yellow
10 - 756 Imola Grey
7 - 775 Iridium Silver
7 - 044 Magno Alanite Grey
5 - 590 Mars Red
1 - 494 LeMans Red (pre-production car that was built before 494 was cancelled on the SLS platform)
1 - 777 Silver Arrow (one-off car made for internal purposes)
Yeah, that's the one that I saw for the SLS Black Series. I haven't been able to find one for the Final Edition yet. But, perhaps in time, someone will publish one. Those Mars Red cars are going to be worth some money!
Old 05-27-2016, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
BS order guide http://www.*********.com/content.php...-2XX-XXX-range
Old 05-29-2016, 05:47 PM

2015 SLS Final Edition
I'm starting to think that Imola Gray and Himalayas Medium Gray are the same color. Does that make sense to you guys? Although I'm not sure why the stick on my car says that it was special order paint and cost 2800. Weird.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sls amg 2015

Originally Posted by Dragon Fan
I'm starting to think that Imola Gray and Himalayas Medium Gray are the same color. Does that make sense to you guys? Although I'm not sure why the stick on my car says that it was special order paint and cost 2800. Weird.
Yes. That seems to be the case. My build sheet, before it hit the shore, showed it ordered as Imola Grey. Once that made it to the window sticker, it was himalayas grey. When I get back from vacation, I can go through a bunch of my materials for you. There were like 3 colors (red, black, white maybe) that were no charge options and both the silver and grey were additional cost. Or was it the white and grey. I forget, but do have it from ordering. Big binder of all stuff related to the build process.

I actually have almost the twin to your car. Mine though has the optional black rims and red calipers. Congrats on the purchase!

And yes, this is my first post. I tend to lurk. Hi to all of the regular posters!

Last edited by elisesko; 05-29-2016 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Probably a rule to add a pic :)
Old 05-29-2016, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by elisesko
And yes, this is my first post. I tend to lurk. Hi to all of the regular posters!
Hell of a first post!
Welcome!

Note: there is am SLS below girl... in Alanite Grey matte finish
Old 05-29-2016, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up...SLS-Class.html

http://www.expresspaint.com/automoti...-C-36p9234.htm

From 2011 > http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatel...dition_1.0.pdf

Last edited by NewportSLS; 05-29-2016 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:19 AM

sls amg 2015
Nice! Thanks NewportSLS. I feel as though I should apologize for always lurking. Without your posts, there would be much less material for people like me to read!

My wife wanted that exterior brown until it was learned it wasn't available on the FE. I'm still not sure if I dodged a bullet there or not. I had come around to liking it once she said yes. Haha.

I have the same FE brochure I can scan and post if it isn't out there anymore for viewing. Good for prosperity's sake.

Anyway, thanks again and I will try to lurk less if I see any spots where I can add value.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
Nice! Thanks NewportSLS. I feel as though I should apologize for always lurking. Without your posts, there would be much less material for people like me to read!

I have the same FE brochure I can scan and post if it isn't out there anymore for viewing. Good for prosperity's sake.

Anyway, thanks again and I will try to lurk less if I see any spots where I can add value.
Thanks for finally "coming out"! HA

PLEASE post up pics of your car AND, the FE brochure in 2 new threads so, they are easy to find. These cars are going to go Ford GT++ in value soon. So.... the more info posted the better!!!
Old 05-30-2016, 10:15 AM

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
2011 SLS AMG coupe, 1997 Yellow/Blk Hummer H1, 2014 Monterey Blue SLS AMG GT roadster
Elisesko, welcome to the forum. It's always great to have additional SLS owners participate. We'd love to see more pics of your car?
Old 05-30-2016, 04:06 PM

2015 SLS Final Edition

Yes. That seems to be the case. My build sheet, before it hit the shore, showed it ordered as Imola Grey. Once that made it to the window sticker, it was himalayas grey. When I get back from vacation, I can go through a bunch of my materials for you. There were like 3 colors (red, black, white maybe) that were no charge options and both the silver and grey were additional cost. Or was it the white and grey. I forget, but do have it from ordering. Big binder of all stuff related to the build process.

I actually have almost the twin to your car. Mine though has the optional black rims and red calipers. Congrats on the purchase!

Mystery solved!!! Thank you so much for posting and clearing this up for me. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. LOVE the rims and Calipers!

BTW - We also have the same taste in F cars it seems!
Old 05-30-2016, 04:37 PM

2015 SLS Final Edition
So, since the Imola and Himalays Medium have the same paint code, I think we can safely assume that they are the same color. Thanks again NewportSLS! You are on top of things as usual. Love it!
Old 06-02-2016, 10:47 PM

sls amg 2015
Thanks Rbcj50cal. I will post more pics soon.

Dragon Fan - I love the FF! What color is your's? Mine is canna di fucile.

Imola/himalayas mystery is solved but I took a pic of the ordering brochure anyway. It was grey and white that had the additional paint cost option.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:11 PM

2015 SLS Final Edition
AHA!! Well done, sir. So we are probably two amongst a very small group that have Himalayas Medium Grey Final Editions. I'm putting together a log of the VIN numbers on all the Final Editions that I can locate and so far, mostly red and black.

In terms of the FF, I LOVE them and came incredibly close to buying a beautiful black on black one with red stitching on the interior. At the last minute though, I went for the F12. I'm not sure why, really, but I guess I just always wanted an F 12 and I figured now was probably the last chance to get a brand new one! Should be here right around labor day.
I'll post a photo when it gets here.

In the meantime, let me know if you run across any other Final Editions with our colors.

Thanks again!