Car washing tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
df
Car washing tips

Well friends,
Here are some tips which I found and think that I should share here to my friends..

1 - Use a commercial soap that is specifically designed for washing cars. NEVER use household detergent or dishwashing soaps on cars, as they could potentially damage your car's finish.

2 - Wash your car in the shade whenever possible. This will help the car itself stay cool and will also help to prevent the car from drying quicker than you can wash it, since this will leave spots.

3 - Be sure to mix the soap and water in a bucket, instead of just throwing soap all over the car once it is wet. Make sure you also have a cleaning mitt or sponge handy for the actual washing.

4 - Start by first washing the wheels, one at a time. Use a cleaner specifically designed for wheels, and make sure you hit the tires, rims, and if you have them, whitewalls. Scrub the wheels using a brush. Be sure to thoroughly hose the wheel down before moving to the next one.

5 - Use a spray nozzle on your hose for a nice, even soak of car. Start with the top of the car and work your way down to the bottom. Let the water soak in for a minute or two before beginning the actual washing, as this will help to loosen the dirt.

6 - Start with the roof. Using your sponge or cleaning mitt, try to scrub the roof in straight lines, moving out to the edges of the roof from the innermost part first. Rinse when you are done, and make sure you also rinse your sponge or mitt.

7 - Wash the sides of the car in the same way you washed the hood, using straight strokes while scrubbing the sides from top to bottom. Once again, rinse when you are done, and also rinse your sponge or mitt.

8 - When the sides are washed, move onto the hood and trunk of the car, once again washing and rinsing in the same manner.

9 - After you have washed and rinsed the sides of the car, spray the undercarriage of your car thoroughly, to help remove buildups of mud and dirt.

10 - Once your car is rinsed thoroughly, dry the car using a clean, soft cloth. Have plenty available, as you may need more than one, depending on the size of your car. Do not try to rub out every single drop of water from the surface of the car, but run the cloth over the car lightly to smooth out the water droplets

Old 02-03-2010, 09:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 ML350 4matic
wash the wheels last.....filthiest part of the car and will contaminate the wash water for the rest of the car....
Old 04-03-2016, 01:17 PM

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion Coupe 451
What is the best automotive soap, wax, rubber protectant, and the black plastic from fading products to use on the Smart fortwo coupe. Also what is a good glass cleaner and the plastic headlights cleaners and sealant? I go with washing the top first sides next front and back, tires and wheels last. I do not use the same cloth or chamois for the tires and wheels. I have a set dedicated for that purpose because of the brake dust on the wheels.
Thanks

Last edited by Bens170; 04-04-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:36 AM

Mercedes Benz
hello frnd,
me also sharing some tips about car washing. if u have second hand car then u need to focus on these all tips and it's very useful for every car's lover.

For interior wash :

first u focus on car interior and u need shampoo for fabrics seat only and leather cleaner for leather seats. clean the dashboard by Protectant and clean the pedals by detergent. Clean the whole interior with your handheld vacuum.

For Exterior wash :

Hand washing is the Best safest method of cleaning the exterior of your car. When you washing your car always use a car wash shampoo and conditioner also and it will increase your cars paint shining. Gently scurb your car body and use toothbrush to get dirt out cracks point. use plasctic polish to shine headlights, indicators, and brake lights and metal polish for your car body.

Last edited by benjamin22; 04-25-2016 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:39 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
'16 GLC300
use two to three buckets with grit card if you are serious about washing your car. anything less will just introduce more swirls than needed.