Spirit of Smart

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
Spirit of Smart

Stumbled across this corner of the forum, and had to share my experience from last weekend.

I was at the MB dealership in Dallas getting a part, and decided to take a look at the Smart. Unlike the MB side of the house no one came up to me and said a word. I sat in a few of the cars, looked at the window sticker, and finally decided to talk to a sales person.

Finally got to take a test drive, and really wasn't impressed. Of course when I stepped back from the fact that I was used to a sedan, I decided this would be a great choice for my daughter's first car... Then I had a conversation with a zealous owner that was there.

Leave it to say that I didn't buy a Smart that day, but after seeing you guys on this forum, and that you are just as car crazy as the rest of us I have hope!
Old 04-23-2011, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
I love so much about the Smart philosophy and design, but I'm quite disappointed that they brought (imo) the worst model to the States only, that being the ForTwo.

I love the look of the ForFour and the Roadster. Both are very unique and aggressive IMO, whilst the ForFour is much more practical than the ForTwo and is generally seen as being a bit more "safe" (mostly due to being larger).

Another huge failure is the distinct lack of Diesel Smarts here in the USA. Would that I could afford one, I'd love to have a Diesel Smart ForTwo or ForFour as my primary commuter vehicle and put my w124 up for much needed R&R and eventual reconstruction into my track/fun vehicle.

I hope that you investigate the brand more, and grow to love these odd little machines like most inevitably do

Plus, your daughter might just love this: Smart Expressions