Sports Forum to discuss any sports that you play or are a fan of.

Angels Pitcher Nick Adenhart's Tragic Death R.I.P.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Angels Pitcher Nick Adenhart's Tragic Death R.I.P.

I am sick about Nick's passing. R.I.P.Nick

04/09/09 4:30 PM ET
A couple of hours after that 6-4 loss, the Angels suffered a loss much more painful and lasting. A van driven by Andrew Thomas Gallo, a 22-year-old Riverside resident, ran a red light at the Fullerton intersection of Lemon and Orangethorpe and slammed the two-door Eclipse in which Adenhart was a passenger, hurtling it against a telephone pole.

Adenhart was pulled from the wreckage by Fullerton Fire Dept. rescuers and transported within 15 minutes to University of California-Irvine Medical Center, where he was soon pronounced dead. Courtney Stewart, the 20-year-old driver of the vehicle, and another unidentified 27-year-old male passenger were declared dead at the scene.
"An absolutely horrible tragedy," said Lt. Kevin Hamilton, in charge of the traffic bureau for the Fullerton Police Dept. and lead investigator on the case.

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/new...=.jsp&c_id=ana
Old 04-09-2009, 07:22 PM

2011 E350 4matic
this is quite possibly the worst story i have heard about in quite some time. what a tradegy. he was at the start of such a promising career/life, its just horrible. i feel bad for all the families.

i hope that the guy that hit them and drove off gets whats coming to him.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
I received this e-mail from my AE with the Angels

ANGELS GAME WITH OAKLAND CANCELLED FOLLOWING TRAGIC
DEATH OF RHP NICK ADENHART

The Thursday, April 9th Angels' game against the Oakland A's has been cancelled due to the tragic death of right-handed pitcher Nick Adenhart in a car accident Wednesday night. The game will be rescheduled for a date yet to be determined.

Fans who have tickets for tonight's game should hold on to those tickets as they will be valid for the subsequent makeup game.

In addition, tonight's originally scheduled Hall of Fame induction ceremonies for Chuck Finley and Brian Downing and the accompanying Hall of Fame Plaque giveaway have also been postponed. Both the ceremony and the plaque promotion will take place prior to the rescheduled game.

An announcement of the rescheduled game date and start time will be posted at a later date.

Angels General Manager Tony Reagins issued the following statement on behalf of the club: "The Angels family has suffered a tremendous loss today. We are deeply saddened and shocked by this tragic loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Nick's family, friends' loved ones and fans."