Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Spam from "NOLO" using my *unique* MBWorld e-mail address!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 12:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK55 Cabriolet (DEAD: 1989 300E, 1984 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible)
Angry Spam from "NOLO" using my *unique* MBWorld e-mail address!

Site admin(s):

In the last hour or so, I have received two identical spams from a company called "Nolo" (Nolo.COM), with Subject: "Nolo's Business Breakdown | Take 40% Off".

The e-mail addresses used in the spams were 2 totally unique e-mail aliases that I created to use for signing up to Web forum sites - my address here on MBWorld, and another address I use for a site called FlyerTalk.

The MBWorld e-mail palias I use on here is totally unique, I never use it for any e-mail communication. It solely exists for use on this site and nothing else.

I have to conclude that either this site has been compromised and untold numbers of e-mail addresses have been harvested, or else mailing lists of users of this site are being sold to spammers out there in the big world.

(I suppose it could also mean my e-mail server was broken into and my aliases list was harvested, but I've seen no signs that anything like that took place.)

FYI.

Last edited by Riot Nrrrd; 08-02-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
Smile

Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd
Site admin(s):

In the last hour or so, I have received two identical spams from a company called "Nolo" (Nolo.COM), with Subject: "Nolo's Business Breakdown | Take 40% Off".

The e-mail addresses used in the spams were 2 totally unique e-mail aliases that I created to use for signing up to Web forum sites - my address here on MBWorld, and another address I use for a site called FlyerTalk.

The MBWorld e-mail palias I use on here is totally unique, I never use it for any e-mail communication. It solely exists for use on this site and nothing else.

I have to conclude that either this site has been compromised and untold numbers of e-mail addresses have been harvested, or else mailing lists of users of this site are being sold to spammers out there in the big world.

(I suppose it could also mean my e-mail server was broken into and my aliases list was harvested, but I've seen no signs that anything like that took place.)

FYI.
i have rec. same email in my a/c & junk mail a/c
Old 08-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Thank you for feedback. I'm not aware of any breach of personal information nor the selling of personal information to any company not affiliated with IB. I'll pass your concerns to Internet Brands.

Bob
Old 08-04-2014, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG CLK55, 450 SEL (sorely missed), Holden Commodore SS, Nissan Navara (company car)
I have also recently received spam from Nolo.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Hi everyone,

Update: Nolo is an IB affiliate and the email was a mistake, it should not be repeated. Thank you.

Bob
Old 09-21-2014, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG CLK55, 450 SEL (sorely missed), Holden Commodore SS, Nissan Navara (company car)
Originally Posted by speedlimit
Hi everyone,

Update: Nolo is an IB affiliate and the email was a mistake, it should not be repeated. Thank you.

Bob
Anyone else receive some more emails from Nolo again?
Old 09-22-2014, 07:10 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks, I try to find out what is going on.

Bob