Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

MBW's video ads are crashing my PC and MBW wants to pretend it doesn't happen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 07:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
'14 E63S, '13 G550, '06 E320 cdi, and a bunch of other stuff.
MBW's video ads are crashing my PC and MBW wants to pretend it doesn't happen

Thanks MBW for deleting my last thread.

That's is definitely how a webite improves the user experience.... pretend a problem doesn't exist. LOL

If this thread is deleted without addressing the issue, then I will understand loud and clear that that MBW does not want me to participate.

Your video ads are crashing my PC. Only the video ads that are on THIS website. Nowhere else. All my drivers are up to date.

So, are you going to say something, or just delete this thread, too?
Old 09-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi,

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't see any thread you started that was deleted, when did you post it? Also, it would make no sense for us to remove such a thread as we would quickly act to inform IB of a problem ad. Thanks.

Bob
Old 09-29-2014, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

I have never had this problem

and was wondering that with

so few ads - does this forum

accept donations -

Thank-You ---
Old 09-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Hi,

No, not at this time. There are websites that offer Premium memberships that include enhanced member features but they do not eliminate sponsor ads. Thanks.

Bob
Old 04-10-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
a UFO
I was having issues with this site slowing my browser down also, then I found this thread.

I believe the problem is that there are too many video ads. Firefox and flash have memory leak issue. The video ads are flash based, when memory leak start to ballon, your PC/browser will crash. mbworld brings my browser to a screeching halt after few minutes of use, and you typically see immediate slowdown as soon as the site is starting to load its ads.

The ads are silly, i don't even know what the sponsor is selling, it is a video of the earth and universe and it just loops over and over. Sometimes I see 3 of them at different locations on the page. The site's only source of revenue will be its own demise if they make the site unusable.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:43 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by TLDream
I was having issues with this site slowing my browser down also, then I found this thread.

I believe the problem is that there are too many video ads. Firefox and flash have memory leak issue. The video ads are flash based, when memory leak start to ballon, your PC/browser will crash. mbworld brings my browser to a screeching halt after few minutes of use, and you typically see immediate slowdown as soon as the site is starting to load its ads.

The ads are silly, i don't even know what the sponsor is selling, it is a video of the earth and universe and it just loops over and over. Sometimes I see 3 of them at different locations on the page. The site's only source of revenue will be its own demise if they make the site unusable.
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass your comments to the site owner, Internet Brands.

Bob
Old 04-22-2015, 10:20 AM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 W205 C400 4Matic
The ads with auto play videos HAVE to go. Either they do, or I do. I can't stand them.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:20 PM

a UFO
I agree. autoplay ads are THE definition of poor web site design etiquette. Akin to the auto splash that forces you to either click the x, or hiding the x, ads that designed to lure clicks, or annoying pop up windows. For the best example of poor etiquette, browse some **** sites. This site shouldn't feel like a **** site, although some may argue this is car ****
Old 04-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Hi,

Are you logged in when you see them? Also, mobile or desktop, thanks!

Bob
Old 04-22-2015, 03:27 PM

a UFO
logged in seem to provide a better experience, as some of the ads go away. and i haven't seen the loopy (earth/planet/universe) ads anymore.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thank you for the followup. There is a very different ad experience when viewing the site not logged in.

Bob