Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Initiaters of threads should have the power to terminate it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 03:29 PM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Initiaters of threads should have the power to terminate it

This is what I wrote on the thread "C300 Luxury: Lighting Package and Airmatics?" in the C Class (W205) forum.

"QUOTE=True101;6481006]After listening to you all , I upped the MSRP to now 54k.

I picked the Designo Cardinal Red color. I hope a mercedes luxury package doesn't look weird in that color?

It will be August/September I hear the car will be built, options are:
Premium 2
Driver Assistance
Lighting package
AIRMatics
4-wheel
Rearview Cam
Panormic sunroof
heated steering[/QUOTE]Excellent, in only three days, you have received the information you needed to make your decision! This is the best use of the Internet. Mission accomplished, so now how we terminate this thread? The initiator of the thread should have the right to determine that the purpose for which the thread was established has been served and it's time to move on to a new subject. Anyone who feels they have more to say can always start their own thread, with their own subject. Alternatively (or perhaps also), a thread could be "timed out" when a certain time has passed without a new reply.

As it is, out-of-date threads lurk like lost lobster traps on the sea floor, which continue to catch lobsters for years without any profit. (There's a New England metaphor for you!)

To bring my suggestion to the attention of the Powers That Be, I will make this a suggestion on that forum."

I do not speak for True101, who initiated the thread. This thread is excellent example of one of the most important purposes of the founders of the Internet. That purpose was to disintermediate knowledge from the provenance of experts only, for the use of citizens. However, once a thread has served its original purpose (in this case, in only three days!), it should be ended. (There is no need for a reply to me.)