Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

PSA: MBWorld Forums iPhone Scamming Pop-up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 SAAB NG9-5 Aero 2.8T XWD
PSA: MBWorld Forums iPhone Scamming Pop-up

I got three consecutive scamming pop up ads when on the forum using my iPhone. The web browser screen will lock - forcing you to click the scam. Each time I deleted & reset my safari settings and it cleared it out. Just thought I'd post this as a PSA.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:31 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Thank you for letting us know. Are you using IB Garge Talk mobile app?

If possible please capture a screen shot of the ad. IB has been removing ad partners that serve hacked ads, more work to do.

Bob
Old 03-03-2018, 07:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 679 Likes on 464 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
I get this all the time also, it’s coming through the ads even when logged in, on my iPad and iPhone for past few months. Only happens on this site clear history and comes back, only disabling java script in safari stops it.

it is a redirect and pop up with this text.

Congratulations!

Amazon.com User!

You've been selected for a chance to get the $1000 Amazon Gift Card, Apple iPhone X 256G or Samsung Galaxy S8!

Please click OK to claim your reward before it expires!

Old 03-03-2018, 07:58 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi,

I have been dealing with the same pop up ads, they are coming from hacked ads. The ad blocker I linked below works for me but it can take a couple views for it to block the pop ups. I hope that helps.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/1blo...025729002?mt=8

Bob

Originally Posted by roadkillrob
I get this all the time also, it’s coming through the ads even when logged in, on my iPad and iPhone for past few months. Only happens on this site clear history and comes back, only disabling java script in safari stops it.

it is a redirect and pop up with this text.

Congratulations!

Amazon.com User!

You've been selected for a chance to get the $1000 Amazon Gift Card, Apple iPhone X 256G or Samsung Galaxy S8!

Please click OK to claim your reward before it expires!