Test Use this forum to test posting messages and pictures before posting on the actual forum. If you are a new user, this is a great place to learn how to post.

My front latch fell apart on my convertible top for my 430 clk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
430 clk
My front latch fell apart on my convertible top for my 430 clk

The handle latch came loose for the front release for the convertible top on my 2000 430 clk cabriolet. The top is closed. If I peer under the plastic cover, I can see that the handle has a cylinder that fits up into a larger cylinder. There is a spring for tension that fits around the handle cylinder. There is a special ring around the handle cylinder that the spring hangs onto and that keeps the 2 levers in place that release the roof when you turn the handle. Both the spring and ring are loose, and I can remove the handle completely at this point.

Has anyone had this happen? Anyone have instructions, or a diagram of how it should be assembled? Is this something I can reassemble, or has it broken? Do I have to go to the dealer and buy what has to be the expensive part, or can it be repaired and purchased elsewhere? Last question- how should the handle cylinder stay in place when it's in the larger cylinder in the roof? I sure could use some advice/ help.