Test Use this forum to test posting messages and pictures before posting on the actual forum. If you are a new user, this is a great place to learn how to post.

SL 500 W230 Vario not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isuzu D-max pick-up on 22"s, Renault Clio 172, Mark 5 Golf gti
SL 500 W230 Vario not working

Hi guys
I recently bought my father a 2002 SL 500 with 32,000 miles. The car had been lying up for 8 years. When I bought it, I expected a few problems! First thing was central locking pump was shot from water damage, replaced now. Next up was locking mechanism vacumn in boot. While doing these jobs I noticed the right hand sand flap was dropping down slightly. I stripped back and repaired.
Finally the roof looked like it would work! Boot started to tilt back and then nothing. It's now stuck slightly tilted up and will not go up nor down. The latches about the visors appear to have disengaged but has not gone any further. I presume from lack of use that some arms or all of them have seized up!
Can anyone help that has had similar problems bearing in mind I can't currently access the boot as the car is in "roof operating" mode so the windows are slightly down and trunk is tilting up and back.
Thanks in advance