V-Class 3 generations with first production year 1996...... V 230, V 280, V 200 CDI, V 220 CDI; Vito: Vito F 108 CDI, Vito F 110 CDI, Vito F 112 CDI, Vito F 113, Vito F 114; Marco Polo: Vito MP 108 CDI, Vito MP 110 CDI, Vito MP 112 CDI, Vito MP 113, Vito MP 114; Sprinter James Cook

Gear Box Fault Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 MB Vito
Gear Box Fault Light

Hi. I'm Norman from the Philippines. I'm new to the MB family and recently got a 2001 MB Vito. Had initial problems driving the unit as the gear box fault light lights up. When I stopped to check, the brakes seemed to keep the
vehicle from moving vehicle from moving
. Had the transmission taken down. We noted that the bushing on the primary pump was force-fitted to the shaft instead. This should be on the slot where the supply holes should be aligned for free flow movement of the ATF. Next we opened the Valve Body and noted that one of the actuator was not actually locked in place so there's additional pressure escaping somewhere. We eventually corrected all these. Unfortunately, after reinstallation, the Vito revs up from 1st to second gear and to third in a sudden jerky motion. The liners and gears are all ok. Not sure what else is the problem but we are certain that the visual result of the mechanical parts tell us that all is well. Can anyone please help me out? some say that I bought a lemon. I refuse to believe and I hope I am right. Any assistance will be highly appreciated, guys