Notices
Vendor Announcements New Products, Test Results, Company News etc.

Specific Eonon Benz Car DVD GPS Introduction (GM5159 for BENZ E/G, GM5160 for A/B)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e320 4matic w211
Hello Eonon, going through your site and manual there are a few questions I have regarding the 5159 unit. the back show a WIFI antenna (optional) I do not see where to get this antenna and wondering what functionality it adds? also there is an option for a 3G USB stick, same question.

There is a group of RCA speaker connectors as well as a plug for what I assume is the factory setup. Can these two sets be used together or are the exclusive of each other. Based on what I have read around I am assuming the existing factory connectors would just connect to this unit no additional wiring since I also notice not specific instructions.

Last question. I am in Canada, this is a fairly complex unit and is coming from a part of the world that does not get nearly as cold as here, have these been tested is severe cold conditions with similar performance?

I look forward to your responses. Thank you for your time
Old 05-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Benz A Class 2012
Originally Posted by Cadence
Hello Eonon, going through your site and manual there are a few questions I have regarding the 5159 unit. the back show a WIFI antenna (optional) I do not see where to get this antenna and wondering what functionality it adds? also there is an option for a 3G USB stick, same question.

There is a group of RCA speaker connectors as well as a plug for what I assume is the factory setup. Can these two sets be used together or are the exclusive of each other. Based on what I have read around I am assuming the existing factory connectors would just connect to this unit no additional wiring since I also notice not specific instructions.

Last question. I am in Canada, this is a fairly complex unit and is coming from a part of the world that does not get nearly as cold as here, have these been tested is severe cold conditions with similar performance?

I look forward to your responses. Thank you for your time
Hi Cadence,so you’re looking at our GM5159 unit right? The wifi antenna is used for the screen mirroring function, getting the signal to link your phone and the head unit. The 3G USB stick is actually of no use, you can just ignore it.

RCA speaker connectors and power plug are exclusive of each other. Yes there’s no additional wiring. But make sure is not with fiber optics, since our unit can’t fit such car. Thanks!

Sure we have more than 131 quality tests for our unit before shipping, include the cold test. You can check our crazy test videos here to know how steady is our unit:
http://www.eonon.com/2YEAR_WARRANTY.aspx

Just rest assured to order! http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...nz/GM5159.html
Old 05-22-2014, 10:08 AM

E320
Is there an easy way to tell whether fiber optic without pulling the factory unit? Model year, functions, etc.?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:25 PM

2005 e320 4matic w211
Thank you Eonon for your reply, And your testing is quite impressive I must say.

However I have been lead to believe almost all w211 have fiber optic COMAND's. So it appears after all of this back and fourth these units are only compatible for a handful of systems. That doesn't seem to make sense to me
Old 05-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Benz A Class 2012
Originally Posted by rob roy
Is there an easy way to tell whether fiber optic without pulling the factory unit? Model year, functions, etc.?
Hi Rob, currently we haven't figured out the way to connect to fiber optics car, but we've heard by connecting a special adaptor, our unit can work with the fiber optics.
If anyone knows how to make it, please kindly share with us, thanks a lot!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:43 PM

2005 e320 4matic w211
Ok, so find the magic adapter will everything work as it should? Cluster display steering wheel controls etc?
Old 05-26-2014, 03:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Benz A Class 2012
Originally Posted by Cadence
Ok, so find the magic adapter will everything work as it should? Cluster display steering wheel controls etc?
Hi Cadence, yes it will. But not sure what kind of adapter it is currently. Hope you can understand, thanks!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:56 PM

Mercedes Benz Class B
50% OFF also on GM5160!!

Unfortunately 50% off is not also for GM5160 model even if some others model lile GM5153 (price is high than GM5160 and monitor is 8" !!) or GM5163 or CM5153... the discount is more than 50% while for GM5160 is only 335! So I think you have to change your messagge/communication because it is false!!!!
Regards

Originally Posted by EononCarDVD
Hi guys, would you like to get huge discount for the cutting edge screen mirroring unit? Now glad to tell you the units with screen mirroring function are on unprecedented big sale with avarage 50% OFF! Benz GPS GM5159, GM5160 are also with big discount around 30% off!

Welcome to check here and get the unit soon:
http://www.eonon.com/searchResult.as...en%20mirroring

Old 05-27-2014, 06:59 PM

Mercedes Benz Class B
I'm interested in ...

Hi! are you interested in this video ?
I can do it, please contact me on my personal mail telepass@hotmail.com
Thanks and regards,
TP

Originally Posted by EononCarDVD
【Big Offer】Get a D5159/D160 Benz unit from us for FREE? It’s not a dream if you have great video skills! We're looking for guys who can make the installation video for us. If you’re good at video taking & editing, and ensure of us a high-quality video as this sample video or even better, you can get such awesome offer!
Installation Guide for Eonon BMW E46 D5150 - YouTube

The video should include the following parts:
1. Steps of removing the old unit.
2. Steps of installing Eonon unit in your car, including how to mount the GPS antenna, how to connect the cables, ect..
3. Initial test of the unit with steering wheel control.

The video should be less than 10 minutes, clear in HD, with captions to specify the detailed steps. You can do it with your verbal explanation too if you like.

If anyone who are interested in it, please kindly PM me with your Email to get more details. Only ONE guy is required to make this video. Take this precious chance if you’re capable enough! Thanks a lot!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Benz A Class 2012
Originally Posted by TeleP
Unfortunately 50% off is not also for GM5160 model even if some others model lile GM5153 (price is high than GM5160 and monitor is 8" !!) or GM5163 or CM5153... the discount is more than 50% while for GM5160 is only 335! So I think you have to change your messagge/communication because it is false!!!!
Regards
Hi TeleP, I’ve already revised the post after you guys mentioned, and even proved by the administrator. Now I think there’s no more misleading.

Originally Posted by TeleP
Hi! are you interested in this video ?
I can do it, please contact me on my personal mail telepass@hotmail.com
Thanks and regards,
TP
Sorry TeleP, but we don’t need to make the installation video anymore. Hope you can understand. I’ve deleted that post.

If you want to get our unit with some discount, by becoming an Eonon facebook fan,you can get a special coupon, just click the left "F $ Coupon" bar on our website, then click like button and become our FB fan, you can get the coupon. very easy!

Welcome to buy! http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...nz/GM5159.html
Old 08-25-2014, 02:31 PM

2006 Mercedes Benz e350
Hi Eonon name is Kevin,

I have purchased a GM5159 for my '06 Mercedes Benz e350. The unit is installed and working OK except for 2 issues.

• The unit did not come with an icon to allow screen mirroring. I have downloaded the app to my phone (Android) but there is no app or icon on the receiver to allow connecting. “Can the unit be updated to show this”??? How can I screen mirror?
  • The units GPS works with the Kudos SD card but there is no voice navigation. I have it turned on and I have adjusted the mix. My unit will not speak at all while navigating. “How do I update this or make it speak”?

Please help with my questions, I like this unit and it sounds and plays great but these are the last 2 things that keeps this unit from being perfect.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:17 AM

CLK430 190D
Hi EononCarDVD,
I purchased one of these units really like the unit and I noted that the mirroring does not work with iPhone 6, however I'm trying to get it to update and use the internet functions using DLNA however when I get to the screen to input the password the lower case a is highlighted but I can not get it to enter the password field. Any advice welcome.

Kind regards,
Jock