W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supposed to take delivery of an E63 this Saturday...but.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
Supposed to take delivery of an E63 this Saturday...but.

Was offered what i think is a great deal on an E63 from a local dealer.
Went to test drive the car but the battery was dead. They replaced the battery and i test drove it the next day (yesterday) Car felt great, obviously fast but I felt a SLIGHT shimmy of the steering wheel around 58-65mph
on the highway. Dealer has had the car since late October and it has been sitting in the dealers inventory(sometimes outside,hence ,I guess, the dead battery). Dealer said the car could possibly have a small 'flat' spot on one of the tires from sitting. They have ordered two new front tires and will mount and balance them for me. IF I am satisfied then I take delivery, if not ...no deal. The dealer has been very fair and cooperative.
My questions are 1. Should I have any concerns with the car sitting for 3
months.
2. It was @28 degrees yesterday, could that have had any
effect with the shimmy. (they did check the pressure)
3. Any issues with the new model i should know about.
Could really use some opinions. Thanks, Chris

Deal was 36 months, 12K year $1,497 payment msrp 93,105
Old 02-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by 05VENOM
Went to test drive the car but the battery was dead. They replaced the battery and i test drove it the next day (yesterday) Car felt great, obviously fast but I felt a SLIGHT shimmy of the steering wheel around 58-65mph
on the highway. Dealer has had the car since late October and it has been sitting in the dealers inventory(sometimes outside,hence ,I guess, the dead battery). Dealer said the car could possibly have a small 'flat' spot on one of the tires from sitting. They have ordered two new front tires and will mount and balance them for me. IF I am satisfied then I take delivery, if not ...no deal. The dealer has been very fair and cooperative.
months.

Down payment?

Everything that you describe sounds like it is viable. Those tires are known to flat spot if they sit. How many miles on the car?

The only issue with any car that is new (and has sat) is there could be an industrial surface on it from being in all the staging locations. I usually do a full clay and 3 coats of wax on all my new cras, but that is it.

Good luck to you and hope you end up loving. My recommendation is to go back and drive it and see what your gut tells you. Keep in mind you have a warranty as well. The cars are very nice, so I hope you enjoy.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:48 AM

Total out of pocket (tax was included in payment) $2,900
There was 49 miles on the car.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:49 AM

2006 E55 AMG
All of the issues and explanations sound legit. I say..."Slam it!" You'll love the car.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Total out of pocket (tax was included in payment) $2,900
There was 49 miles on the car.
Sounds like a decent deal. I have no reason not to get it.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Banned

AMGs
What's the residual at lease end? Other than that, it sounds like a decend deal. DO IT.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:46 PM

04 E 500 4matic wagon; CLS 63 AMG
months.

It is hard to know whether it is a good deal without knowing what "capitalized cost" the dealer is using. If it is MSRP, then I believe that you can do better than that (meaning a lower "cap cost"), especially if the car has been in inventory since November. I would ask for a discount of as much as 10% and negotiate up from there. Don't fall for the pitch of "how much did you want to pay per month." I would also call around to other dealers to see what they would do the deal for. Also, after you get a price (cap cost) agreed-upon, then see what is the "money factor" (read "interest") the dealer is using and see if perhaps your bank can beat that.
Generly, MB Finance will offer the best residual for a given term and mileage, but compare that with the lease rates shown on another site on this forum; that may offset any money factor advantage of another lessor.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55, 2004 E55(sold), 2001 Viper GTS, 2006 Viper VOI9, 1994 ZR-1 Corvette 2009 Viper ACR,
Originally Posted by paul928
It is hard to know whether it is a good deal without knowing what "capitalized cost" the dealer is using. If it is MSRP, then I believe that you can do better than that (meaning a lower "cap cost"), especially if the car has been in inventory since November. I would ask for a discount of as much as 10% and negotiate up from there. Don't fall for the pitch of "how much did you want to pay per month." I would also call around to other dealers to see what they would do the deal for. Also, after you get a price (cap cost) agreed-upon, then see what is the "money factor" (read "interest") the dealer is using and see if perhaps your bank can beat that.
Generly, MB Finance will offer the best residual for a given term and mileage, but compare that with the lease rates shown on another site on this forum; that may offset any money factor advantage of another lessor.
You are correct. Its hard to get a handle on the "deal" without knowing all the particulars. Money factor, residual, sell price, tax rate, dealer fees, etc...

However, If his T.O.P is $2900, and his payment is $1497... I can tell you its a pretty good deal. If it were selling for MSRP. Payment would be High $1700's, low $1800's... sounds lke a good deal...

As far the shimmy issue..... I wouldnt worry about it one bit... Your buying a brand new car w/ full warranty. They will make sure its right... Sitting outside for a few months is nothing.

I had a shimmy issue on my CLK430... After balancing it several times with no success. I found out that i was missing a "hub-centric" ring that goes in the center of the hub.. while I dont think an E63 would have hub-centric ring. Its very possible the wheel was torqued down in the wrong sequence... believe me, with these cars, it doesnt take much. they are built precise. If one thing is too tight or lose. YOu'll get that shimmy...

Now, go buy the car, have fun with it !!!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:11 PM

Received 179 Likes on 141 Posts
W221 S63 AMG
Wait. You are paying $57,000* to rent a car for 3 years?

Am I missing something?

*$3K + ($1.5K/month X 3 years) = $57,000
The following users liked this post:
e55phil (02-19-2021)
Old 02-01-2007, 02:12 PM

I would still ask about the cap cost. That is the first item on the lease form anyway. That way he can be sure that he is getting discount from MSRB
Old 02-01-2007, 02:21 PM

Went to several dealers in the tri-state area. These were the most aggressive numbers I got(most were around 1,600-1,700 at that was for 39months). Ray Catena (a large local dealer) was $130 higher per month.
Since I am allowed an automobile lease thru my employer and want to live life to the fullest..why not in an E63????
Old 02-01-2007, 02:27 PM

Received 179 Likes on 141 Posts
W221 S63 AMG
Since I am allowed an automobile lease thru my employer and want to live life to the fullest..why not in an E63????
Oh, now that's a different story! Nice!
Old 02-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Almost a Member!

E63
I was fortunate enough to buy my 63 new and it has a slight shimmy at the same speed, but like the noisy brakes at low speeds, I have not taken it back yet.
I thought it might be the stock tires, and maybe Hienz was in a hurry when they assembled the car and sent it out. I will have them rebalance the front tires and see what happens.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Come on guys, tax included at $1,497 with only 2900 is a good deal. Who cares what the cap is, you know the drive off cost and you know the monthly payments. Its an excellent deal if you ask me for the MSRP. The question is really why is the MSRP so high? Which options does it have? Pano?
Old 02-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Exactly. If you know all the inputs (money down, monthly, residual, etc.), who cares about the "cost"? That is a game you play with yourself. It is impossible for the real numbers to line up if you don't get a good deal. Look at the package, not any individual aspect.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:09 PM

Car has P02 package, Parktronic, Rear side window blinds, Electronic Trunk closer. Personally not a fan of the rear and side window shades but was the only car on their lot and was the exact exterior/interior color I was looking for.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by CQHall

Am I missing something?

Actually, yes you are. Considering that with tax on a great deal you'd be looking at financing about 91k. Your payment with a fantastic 6.59% loan would be roughly $1530. That's for 6 YEARS!!!! Try trading it in and you'll be upsidedown for sure on that loan, meaning you'll OWE money to get rid of it. Giving it the benefit of the doubt of maybe holding it's value, you'll likely break even. Nevertheless, you've paid more money over the same term. On top of that, let's consider that you wreck the car but not total it. Try getting rid of it for a decent price now. With a lease, who cares, just walk away at the end. For people that like new cars a lot leasing makes sense. Financially, owning a depreciating product, doesn't make sense. This of course is just my opinion
Old 02-01-2007, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
..."money factor" x 2400 translates to interest rate (just fyi)
Old 02-01-2007, 09:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by trezaei
Come on guys, tax included at $1,497 with only 2900 is a good deal. Who cares what the cap is, you know the drive off cost and you know the monthly payments. Its an excellent deal if you ask me for the MSRP. The question is really why is the MSRP so high? Which options does it have? Pano?
Maybe it's got "Pay-no", which would explain the good deal...
Old 02-01-2007, 09:36 PM

2009 SL63 AMG, sliver
Originally Posted by CQHall

Am I missing something?

Makes a lot of sense if your business is paying the lease and it is 57,000 in pre-tax dollars...

PT
Old 02-02-2007, 12:44 AM

Care to buy a Bridge?

Originally Posted by jangy
Exactly. If you know all the inputs (money down, monthly, residual, etc.), who cares about the "cost"? That is a game you play with yourself. It is impossible for the real numbers to line up if you don't get a good deal. Look at the package, not any individual aspect.
If you and Trezaei (sp) really believe that, I have a bridge I would like to discuss with you. How would you possible know whether it is a truly good deal without knowing what was driving the lease payments in terms of price. Even it appears to be a "good deal", why wouldn't one want to try to make it even it better, thus leaving more to spend on things like performance tuning, wouldn't you agree?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
If you and Trezaei (sp) really believe that, I have a bridge I would like to discuss with you. How would you possible know whether it is a truly good deal without knowing what was driving the lease payments in terms of price. Even it appears to be a "good deal", why wouldn't one want to try to make it even it better, thus leaving more to spend on things like performance tuning, wouldn't you agree?
I don't think you get our point. If I put x down, y per month, and the resdidual is z, then how is my cost over time not x + y + z? who cares what the cap cost or interest rate is if I already know the factors that matter to me. In reality, what we are saying and what you are saying goes hand in hand. I'm not saying don't bargain. I'm saying don't bargain over cap cost, since there are so many other variables they will use to play yoiu. I simply bargain on the variables i care about, which would be x, y, and z. Obviously annual miles, etc are also factors, but I for one do not care about cap costs or interest rates.

Having said that, I'd be willing to bet you I got more of a discount and am paying lower interest than you?
Old 02-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by jangy
I don't think you get our point. If I put x down, y per month, and the resdidual is z, then how is my cost over time not x + y + z? who cares what the cap cost or interest rate is if I already know the factors that matter to me. In reality, what we are saying and what you are saying goes hand in hand. I'm not saying don't bargain. I'm saying don't bargain over cap cost, since there are so many other variables they will use to play yoiu. I simply bargain on the variables i care about, which would be x, y, and z. Obviously annual miles, etc are also factors, but I for one do not care about cap costs or interest rates.

Having said that, I'd be willing to bet you I got more of a discount and am paying lower interest than you?
Actually you both have some pretty good points. I guess it's what it is in the end and if you're happy with it. I do lean more towards knowing the cap cost myself as I really would like to know how much they're discounting the car. My main reason is that I rarely do my leases through the dealer's banks or the manufacturer. On my deal I beat the dealer's lease by OVER $200! My car's MSRP was 93,385.00 and I ended up with 3k out of pocket and $1330/month, that includes the tax for 39 mo/12k a year. A pretty good deal if I do say so myself. Although, I have been known to give car dealers/salespeople ulcers Just enjoy the ride, I know I will be tomorrow at 9am when she get's here!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by e63z06cobra
Actually you both have some pretty good points. I guess it's what it is in the end and if you're happy with it. I do lean more towards knowing the cap cost myself as I really would like to know how much they're discounting the car. My main reason is that I rarely do my leases through the dealer's banks or the manufacturer. On my deal I beat the dealer's lease by OVER $200! My car's MSRP was 93,385.00 and I ended up with 3k out of pocket and $1330/month, that includes the tax for 39 mo/12k a year. A pretty good deal if I do say so myself. Although, I have been known to give car dealers/salespeople ulcers Just enjoy the ride, I know I will be tomorrow at 9am when she get's here!!!
That is a very good deal. I was also offered $13 something for 39 months 12K but I wanted 36/12. I know ..I know what is the difference in 3 months But that is what I wanted. The down payment 2,900 obviously includes first month payment and NY tax is 8.375 on autos.pretty high.
BELIEVE ME I shopped around extensively in my area. The deal is also not thru MB but a bank.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:37 AM

E63, Z06, Cobra .....Gee do you think you like fast cars?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supposed to take delivery of an E63 this Saturday...but.