new to me 2000 e55, some questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 e55
new to me 2000 e55, some questions.

Pics will follow!

Thank you guys for being a part oft his community, you helped me come to purchase my vehicle and ensure I was getting a good one! I used the search function and learned so much from this form, and I'm very confident in the vehicle I bought! I got a silver 2000 e55 with one owner and 80k miles on the clock, all dealer service records etc. Great car, and NO CORROSION! Leather is great, headlights /tail lights are showroom fresh... a great find for south Fl where every w210 looks very used by now. It's always been my dream car since my mom had a w210 e320 when I was in 8th grade, and now I feel so grateful for the opportunity to have one!

So, I have used the search function and can't find the answers to the following questions and I was hoping someone might have some insight! These are small problems (I think!) but the car is in such great shape they do bother me.

While driving I hear occasional noises that SEEM to come from the rear of the car. It sounds like there's something bouncing around in the trunk, but there's not. We thought it was the spare tire tools, we took them out, noise continued. My mechanic thinks that since the motor mounts are sagging a bit (replacements are on the way!) the exhaust is occasionally hitting the body at some point. The noise seems to be pretty independent of bumps in the road and revs. It starts at idle speed and is audible through 40mph. There's no rhyme, reason, or pattern to it either, but it is noticeable to me. Mechanic also says there seems to be no bad bushings in rear of the car so that's out I guess. Hoping someone can comment on this..

Also, the key/control backlighting on the stock radio (cd changer in trunk, NOT nav) is out. The LCD screen is still backlit though at night when i turn the lights on/radio on. Mechanic put in new bulbs last night, said it was flickering when he turner car off, I picked it up, and they were out again.

The carfax shows a history of the radio being replaced at least once by the dealer. Also worth noting is that the cd changer does not work, but this seems like a common problem. I'm going to do the tape player/aux cord hack.. but it really looks dumb when this showroom condition car's radio won't light up at night..

Any help?