Sponsored by:

Toying with the idea of selling my 2000 e55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 e55
Toying with the idea of selling my 2000 e55

I have a great example of a two owner, 90,000 mile e55. I haven't seen a better example since I purchased mine.

Only reason I'm selling is a new boat purchase.. I really need something that can tow.

Silver exterior is almost perfect. Clear as day headlights etc. Only sore point is a spot where the last owner had repainted rear bumper.. there's a 5 inch section that's peeling a bit, but it's hard to notice because it's in a spot that is shadowed. This car has never been in an accident and I'm assuming the original owner backed into something.

Interior is black, the only sore points are the typical one inch crack in dash by airbag, and a 2 inch rip in passenger side seat that just happened. The perforations gave way. I've Leatheriqued the car twice and the leather is very nice and shows very well.

Other than that, car is perfect. Everything functions BESIDES the multi counter seat functions, but the other seat adjustments are all strong.

I've done every bit of maintenance on the car, and when I got it I put a bunch of money into it in preventative maintenance (new motor mounts mid-line tranny bearing, new fluids, new ball joints) I've taken care of this car with monthly waxing, and I've clay barred twice. Has michelin pilot sports with plenty of tread left that I put on almost immediately after taking delivery. I've owned it for a year, and prior to that it lived in Palm Beach with the original owner, and it was used sparingly by an older adult.

So.. any interest? And, even if not, what would this car fetch on the market? I'm seeing prices all over this place and KBB and Edmunds estimates seem kind of low, or are they?

Steve
Old 12-01-2015, 03:32 PM

w211
Pics?
Old 12-01-2015, 11:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2001 MB CLK55 AMG [gone]
For pricing, I'd recommend nadaguides.com

The banks and credit unions use this source to establish value for loans.

Your thread doesn't mention where you are located and that can have an impact on pricing as well.

Pictures always help too.

You posted the message below about 4 months ago, but didn't mention this in your post above. Very valuable information, especially if you have records of the work.

"Everythings for sale! I have a 2000 w/85k. I am the second owner, bought it earlier this year, I have had a ton of work done (car was near perfect when i bought it, but did a ton of preventative work including new plugs, wires, ball joints, rare suspesion work, fluids, flex discs, drivetrain bearing and stabilizer etc) Car has also been meticulously detailed and always has wax on it. I clay barred and treat the leather with letherique when i took delivery, now it gets wax ..."

Last edited by BradleyBeck; 12-01-2015 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:09 AM

2000 e55
Originally Posted by BradleyBeck
For pricing, I'd recommend nadaguides.com

The banks and credit unions use this source to establish value for loans.

Your thread doesn't mention where you are located and that can have an impact on pricing as well.

Pictures always help too.

You posted the message below about 4 months ago, but didn't mention this in your post above. Very valuable information, especially if you have records of the work.

"Everythings for sale! I have a 2000 w/85k. I am the second owner, bought it earlier this year, I have had a ton of work done (car was near perfect when i bought it, but did a ton of preventative work including new plugs, wires, ball joints, rare suspesion work, fluids, flex discs, drivetrain bearing and stabilizer etc) Car has also been meticulously detailed and always has wax on it. I clay barred and treat the leather with letherique when i took delivery, now it gets wax ..."

Brad,

Thanks for the reply. I need to get a comprehensive list of the things I've done... If it's not in front of me I forget, I'm the kind of guy that likes to fix things before they're broken and I've ensured that this car could drive around the world haha.

Also, as for pics, they'll come later this week when I'm back with the car.

Thanks!!
Old 12-02-2015, 01:38 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
I'll chime in from a different angle - what are you looking to replace it with for towing? I picked up a 2003 1500 Suburban Z71 for $5K on Craigslist and love having the Suburban for hauling, family towing, etc. but couldn't give up the E55. Why not keep the 55 and buy a cheaper towing vehicle? If you're mechanically inclined there are literally hundreds of tow capable vehicles you could have on Craigslist for under $5K and could serve as a winter beater as well if the E55 is your only car. Of course I know I am in the minority, but I could never go back to just one vehicle!