Sponsored by:

HELP! Blue windows manufacturer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 02:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W211 E55
HELP! Blue windows manufacturer?

Hi I have a w210 E55 that I bought with some broken windows and I have a guy who claims he found them however they don't look that blue and none of them are PPG windows like my original ones.

So my question is was PPG the only manufacture used for the blue windows on the E55?

I have search and that seems to be the case but can't find for certain.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
4 matic
When I bought my car I noticed one of the windows had been replaced with a normal (not blue) glass. I found a replacement on ebay for pretty cheap.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:31 PM

W211 E55
Originally Posted by illest
When I bought my car I noticed one of the windows had been replaced with a normal (not blue) glass. I found a replacement on ebay for pretty cheap.
My problem is different as I had the rear glass replaced and the shop swears it's blue but it's not. So if everyone with blue glass could check their rear windshield and see who the manufacturer is. From what I have seen they should all be PPG if they are original.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
210 55
Yeah, mine is ppg blue tint, i see the blue tinted in the e55's and some Avantgarde or sport package cars, i think the blue tint windows is special order, and series for the e55's. normal w210 comes with a light green windows

Fabio Daniel
Old 12-23-2016, 08:06 PM

W211 E55
Originally Posted by Fabio D
Yeah, mine is ppg blue tint, i see the blue tinted in the e55's and some Avantgarde or sport package cars, i think the blue tint windows is special order, and series for the e55's. normal w210 comes with a light green windows

Fabio Daniel
Thanks for checking. Yes it's was a special option for the E55, mine is a designo package. I'm fairly positive only ppg made them I am just trying to get as much info as I can before fighting the guy on it.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
2001 E55 OMG
You might be able to order the windows on parts.com to get MB blue glass windows but make sure you have a commercial address or they may not deliver. They are definitely made by PPG and dont let anyone steer you to gray or green. I replaced my cracked windshield and trusted the installer that it was "blue" but was tinted blue gray. Huge difference. Huge disappointment. Good Luck!
Old 12-24-2016, 12:15 AM

W211 E55
Originally Posted by Tall Giraffe
You might be able to order the windows on parts.com to get MB blue glass windows but make sure you have a commercial address or they may not deliver. They are definitely made by PPG and dont let anyone steer you to gray or green. I replaced my cracked windshield and trusted the installer that it was "blue" but was tinted blue gray. Huge difference. Huge disappointment. Good Luck!
Ya I found a deal on a new one just the fact that the incorrect one has already been installed.