Sponsored by:

Trunk won't close.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a few...
Trunk won't close.

i know this is kind of pointless, did use the search button and couldnt find anything, might've missed it....

when i open my trunk now, it won't close! it takes me literally a few minutes to finally close it because when i press the button to close it (electronic trunk closer) it wont close at all, it just makes a noise every once in a while and its highly annoying. after a few tries of keeping my hand holding it down, it will somehow close but otherwise it will stop midway and wont be able to move except for random times. anyone else have a problem like this ever?

i have to take it to the stealer for some body damage anyway, stupid old lady hit it on friday afternoon but it literally is only a scratch compared to her needs-to-be-replaced bumper.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:47 PM

If your car was hit anywhere near the trunk, it would not be far fetched that it was caused by the fender bender. Did this happen before your car was hit?

I remember skimming thru the owners manual and recall that there is a way to have your trunk not open all the way. I know your problem is the trunk closing and I can't really think of why there would be a setting for not closing the trunk completely. So take it to the dealer, warranty should cover it, unless you have modded your trunk closer to make it open and close faster than the normal 0 -.05mph to 0 - 50mph :p
Old 01-12-2006, 08:47 PM

a few...
yeah i never thought about that. never done anything to the car, completely stock but im sure itll be an easy fix under warranty. thanks for the input
Old 01-12-2006, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Try closing it from inside the car. Hold the button (Can't remember if you pull or press) and see if it works.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:57 AM

E55
I had this problem - they replaced a controller. I have noticed however that there are a lot of times I have to press the button twice to get it to close. Sometimes it makes a noise but nothing happns. Been like that from day 1.