Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Reus Audio in OC

Old 08-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMGs
*BEWARE* Problem with Reus Audio in OC *BEWARE*

I really hate to do this to any vendor but Rick Reus of Reus Audio left me with no choice...

Facts:

* Joined Group-buy with Jangy & 03C4S back in late April to get my stereo upgraded.
* Did lots of travel and could NOT schedule a time to bring car in for the audio installation.
* Heard Jangy's car ~ 1 1/2 months later and NOT IMPRESSED with the quality.
* Heard 03C4S's car ~ 2 months later (supposed to have better equipments installed than Jangy's car) and still NOT IMPRESSED.
* Decided to sell my E55 in June and contacted Rick for a REFUND.
* Rick gave me the BS that he cant give me a REFUND because he has to "FIX" the group-buy mess that Jangy created.
* I gave him time until first week of July and contacted him again (Sent numerous emails and left dozen voicemails). Rick asked for more time.
* I contacted Rick late July and he told me that I will be receiving my REFUND soon because he has fixed the group-buy mess.
* Rick said he sent out my REFUND on July 24th and I never received it. This is after I sent him my address 3 different times in 3 separate emails. Rick claimed he sent out my check and forgot the suite #. (I work down town San Diego in a 24 floor building and without the suite #, I will NEVER receive any mail).
* Called Rick 7/30/07 and told him I didnt receive any check. He told me that he needs to cancel the original check and will send out another one. I asked him to send me the tracking # and no response from him.
* Left numerous voicemails and sent numerous email to Rick from 8-1 to 8-6 without any response. (Enlisted the help of Jangy & 03C4S and they called him and left him numerous voicemails).
* I received a call from Rick on 8/8 that he sent out the replacement check with tracking # and the address has my suite #.
* I received it on 8/13 and went to the bank to deposit it.
* On 8/16, I received a letter from my bank that Rick's check from Reus Audio has BOUNCED.
* On 8/17, I contacted my attorney to deal with him directly.

I cant believe such an operation existed, catered to HIGH-END clients and does NOT have enough money to cover a REFUND check of $2500.

Thanks for reading, I just need to vent...

Last edited by 2K6E55; 08-24-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:54 PM

E63, SL 550 Sport,C63 Coupe On the Way!!
Thats how most of these car guys operate tip for next time put any and all deposits no matter what you buy on an American Express, best customer policy card ever i love AMEX. 80% of the time i buy some car related item the vendor pulls some sort of **** so i just give them 1 week then call AMEX and problem solved no BS. Who has time to chase after people for a refund its a joke the way these guys stay in buisness. It just shows how most of these aftermarket guys are very unstable financially and practice terrible buisness.

I only heard a REUSS 360 Modena and 996 TT which i considered 6 years ago but didnt bother because the car was so loud. I stick to my HI FI at home. Granted my E63 has no volume but im on the phone 90% of the time im in the car so it doesnt get to me. REUSS debadges other brands with his brand and sells it for more money. This is what a few NYC shops told me.

If your local give him a visit if not you have a few options you can take with a laywer, call his local Police and file complaint and Better Buisness complaint.

Good luck, by the way what is he charging for these E AMG system upgrades? They have no information listing on their site.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by BenzoManNY
Thats how most of these car guys operate tip for next time put any and all deposits no matter what you buy on an American Express, best customer policy card ever i love AMEX. 80% of the time i buy some car related item the vendor pulls some sort of **** so i just give them 1 week then call AMEX and problem solved no BS. Who has time to chase after people for a refund its a joke the way these guys stay in buisness. It just shows how most of these aftermarket guys are very unstable financially and practice terrible buisness.

I only heard a REUSS 360 Modena and 996 TT which i considered 6 years ago but didnt bother because the car was so loud. I stick to my HI FI at home. Granted my E63 has no volume but im on the phone 90% of the time im in the car so it doesnt get to me. REUSS debadges other brands with his brand and sells it for more money. This is what a few NYC shops told me.

If your local give him a visit if not you have a few options you can take with a laywer, call his local Police and file complaint and Better Buisness complaint.

Good luck, by the way what is he charging for these E AMG system upgrades? They have no information listing on their site.
Thanks for the tips. I should have paid by CC but I gave him CASH.

My group-buy price was $4000 installed.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I was never impressed with his work in the first place,thus the reason I didnt join the GB deal.

Either way,its a real shame a guy cant refund a check of that small amount!

Whats with vendors and their bouncing refund checks? How do they keep afloat?

Hope you get it squared away Jeff.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
sucks to hear that you're having more problems Jeff. First Renntech, and now your audio. Hope you get your money back.

I think the lesson is....watch out for Jangy group buys!!! I kid, I kid
Old 08-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by psk145
sucks to hear that you're having more problems Jeff. First Renntech, and now your audio. Hope you get your money back.

I think the lesson is....watch out for Jangy group buys!!! I kid, I kid
No you dont ... his group buys are cursed.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Damn, I see how it is. Jeff got himself involved with Creative, so that's his issue to resolve. I did get him into Reus, so I do feel involved. I am a bit surprised at the level of care that Jeff gets. I'm done with group buys, so no worries there.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by jangy
Damn, I see how it is. Jeff got himself involved with Creative, so that's his issue to resolve. I did get him into Reus, so I do feel involved. I am a bit surprised at the level of care that Jeff gets. I'm done with group buys, so no worries there.

Ill still trust you on a group buy ... into California Girls
Old 08-24-2007, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by Vic55
Ill still trust you on a group buy ... into California Girls

now we're talkin!!!