W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63 Hesitation

Old 03-11-2008, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
E63 Hesitation

As promised, I said that I would write when I finally saw a MB service rep and here it is. Well, it wasn't actually a service rep (SPOM), but was a factory rep. I was able to duplicate the issue that I was was having, "a slight bog, off idle". It's ok is you are aggressive with it, but off idle, slight depression on the pedel produces a bog. We took the vehicle out on the roads, and I showed him what was happening, to the point where even he said that he could feel something, but was not sure what it was. He then took the wheel and drove but most of his accelerations were fairly aggressive. When I told him to stop the vehicle...make a right turn....it finally did it. He kind of looked puzzled at first..but then he said that, it was normal....(right!) I asked that he do it again...and this time it was more pronounced and said that he would get with his "tech" people and get back with me. He got out of the car....looked at the rear tires (I guess to see how much tread was left), got the milage and VIN and that was that. That happened Jan. 23. To this date, he has tried to call and left messages, which I returned, but he never responded back. He did make a call a few weeks ago...and said that by all accounts my car was normal...and that ANY "63" AMG will do that..."it just the nature of the cars". I have tried calling and left messages...but no reply...I did send him an e-mail yesterday...so we'll see what happens next. I did happen to speak with a service manager out of Texas...and he did tell me that "SPOMS" do not like to speak with customers and I was lucky that he communicated that much with me, but usually they want the dealers to be the go between. He also told me that are flashes (the latest was released in Feb of this year), that MB constantly tries to refine the vehicles with, so my next course is to go to the dealer and have the flashes applied. Bottom line to this is that I understand that cars are difficult to work with and even diagnose certain issues, HOWEVER, I don't understand lack of communication especially at the level we purchase our vehicles at. In this automotive world there are many options and getting more competitive...it would be in MB's best interest to keep a customer...even if you can't totally eliminate the problem, at least you have communication...!!
Old 03-11-2008, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
buckeyewalt, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles communicating with MB, it is definately a shame. Hopefully, they will read this and try to resolve (at least) the communication issue part.

Did you get a chance to try the newly released software? If so, did help at all? Did it make it worse? What's your feedback on that?
Old 03-11-2008, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
buckeyewalt, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles communicating with MB, it is definately a shame. Hopefully, they will read this and try to resolve (at least) the communication issue part.

Did you get a chance to try the newly released software? If so, did help at all? Did it make it worse? What's your feedback on that?
Have not tried the software yet. Have an appt. on Apr. 8...going to get new tires installed while I'am at it....Goodyear F1 Asymmetric! The way that I understand the software flashes work, are for engine, transmission, or both. The latest one in February is for both. Since I had my last flash in October. there had been several flash updates...they don't tell you until you bring the vehicle into the shop for something else, I guess becuase it doesn't pay the mechanic hardly anything or so I understand!