Sponsored by:

Cure for hesitation??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes G55 AMG
Originally Posted by von32897
Is the reset the same on the CLS55 AMG? If it is, can you remove the key after step 3? Do you have to restart same day after performing step 1-3? Thx
The reset on CLS55 is the same and is truely a miracle. I always do the reset on my E55 every night before I go to bed. Makes an impressive difference! Try it yourself and you wont regret it.

However I do believe that the reset only works on the older 5spd transmissions. From what I heard and read on this board, the only way to reset the transmission on the 63s is to disconnect the battery, but I honestly would not try this... The best thing to do is to drive the car hard in S mode and let the 7spd adjust by itself, and when you need to drive in the city or in traffic, just switch the transmission setting to C, so that way you will have a faster and crispier mode in S and a slow mode in C...

Hope this makes sense.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:23 AM

E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
Originally Posted by ATKM5
The reset on CLS55 is the same and is truely a miracle. I always do the reset on my E55 every night before I go to bed. Makes an impressive difference! Try it yourself and you wont regret it.

However I do believe that the reset only works on the older 5spd transmissions. From what I heard and read on this board, the only way to reset the transmission on the 63s is to disconnect the battery, but I honestly would not try this... The best thing to do is to drive the car hard in S mode and let the 7spd adjust by itself, and when you need to drive in the city or in traffic, just switch the transmission setting to C, so that way you will have a faster and crispier mode in S and a slow mode in C...

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks for your input...and what you said does make sense. Driving it hard is really not the issue. I can feel a change when it is driven hard and the adaptive transmission "learns" my driving style. That is not the issue. Even when the transmission learns the driving style, there still is a slight bog or hesitation. That said...it really has been better since my pedal mashing rage..but it is still there...you just don't know when its going to come into play.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:43 AM

2005 Mercedes G55 AMG
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt
Thanks for your input...and what you said does make sense. Driving it hard is really not the issue. I can feel a change when it is driven hard and the adaptive transmission "learns" my driving style. That is not the issue. Even when the transmission learns the driving style, there still is a slight bog or hesitation. That said...it really has been better since my pedal mashing rage..but it is still there...you just don't know when its going to come into play.
Hmmm... I'm sorry if you already mentioned it, but I was thinking, do you accelerate with esp on or off when you experience this bog? Have you tried accelerating with esp off? I just think it could be something with an ESP...

I know how you feel though... I had an E60 M5 before I got the E55 and that thing bogged ALL THE TIME upon acceleration... Drove me nuts! Turning off esp did help though...

Sorry If this has already been said, just trying to help If you do find the cure please let us know though, because I will be picking up a 63 (Model is a secret for now ) this coming week, and I want to know what to do if I encounter this issue!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by ATKM5
Hmmm... I'm sorry if you already mentioned it, but I was thinking, do you accelerate with esp on or off when you experience this bog? Have you tried accelerating with esp off? I just think it could be something with an ESP...

I know how you feel though... I had an E60 M5 before I got the E55 and that thing bogged ALL THE TIME upon acceleration... Drove me nuts! Turning off esp did help though...

Sorry If this has already been said, just trying to help If you do find the cure please let us know though, because I will be picking up a 63 (Model is a secret for now ) this coming week, and I want to know what to do if I encounter this issue!
Hey...nothing to be sorry about,,you're just offering suggestions and I apprecieate the suggestions. BTW...I did try turning the esp off...still had a hesitation....I will be going to the dealers on monday........I'll post the results of what they did!!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Does the car hesitate in Dyno mode?
Old 06-22-2008, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Does the car hesitate in Dyno mode?
You know....I never tried that....of all of the things that I have tried...I never tried doing that. When I get it back from the dealers,,,I will give it a try...maybe I'll tell them to try it,,I have a good working relationship with them. They are as puzzled as I am on this. MB won't let them do any work unless there is a code. Thanks ChicagoX!!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:17 AM

I mentioned that I was going to post my trip to the dealer regarding the hesitation: The SA sent me an e-mail on what they did:

Hey Walt,

Sorry I missed you when you guys picked up. Morey did look into the accelerator system on your car. He checked actual values on both the accelerator sensor and the throttle actuator. They were where they need to be. Morey also added that MB has these two items programmed to set off DTC’s if they ever get out of spec because it is such a safety concern.

I just wanted you to know that we did follow up on your request. Hope it continues to get better for you.

I do admit that it is a whole lot better since my initial rage...but it still don't explain on what I did to make it better. Oh well...just got to doculent and continue and hopefully it won't get any worse. BTW...they did put it in dyno mode and had no hesitation issues!