Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Houston / Austin / San Antonio Dyno Day – October 24th

Old 10-26-2009, 09:55 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by Thericker
Personal Great to hear that run those tunes, don't say I didn't tell ya so after you see runs aren't ANY better than stock, did your newbie searches take you to the CL600 owned by Formula on this board??

https://mbworld.org/forums/m275-v12-...passes-cl.html

Showed near zero improvement post ECU from LET
Took me a second to figure out what your troll post was about but its the Torque #`s.. haha.. There seems to be a mis-understanding over what the adjustment was on Kurt`s Mustang dyno.. The Adjustment was only made for the V12 engines (3 to date) 2-65`s and a baseline on a 07-SL600. For obvious reasons and per request of the customers, (not the tuners) to NOT break open their wire harness to tap a coil or plug wire.. That means the Torque reading only had to be set by the rollers (not spark), like an intertia dyno (DJ).. I personally ran the S65 on the dyno and helped calibrate the rollers to 4000 rpm and 3000 rpm . This means, I sat in the car and held the rpm @4000 (mid TQ range) to set it with the dyno RPM. I then made the pulls on this car and the SL600. As far as all the 55 cars and V12 HP numbers, they are all read off the rollers. There was a stock Sl55 there and Kurt can post his numbers. They are dead on with other Stock 55`s and he only had a tune done. Picked up 25hp and 25tq, as I recall.

There was another 55 car there with every bolt on , including no cats, LT`s and 82mm TB. This car was in the 550-570 hp range and low 600 TQ, just like the other ALL-BOLT on cars around the country..

I stayed and watched Busa196 tune his S65 via internet from Jerry in Chicago (few months back).. Took a long time and like 17 pulls a few months back. Busa196 , has also raced for years and used all the dynos in Houston., He and I both agree that this is by far the best dyno for tuning around. We all saw they money he had spent with other tuners for no gains but Jerry @ LET took care of that in a huge way.. His words are" my car feels like a F16 fighter leaving a carrier..lol

The other S65 was there this weekend and had paid a MB dealer in Houston 10K for Renntech tune and felt or saw no gains at the track! 8 months now, he is still trying to get his money back. Jerry tuned this car Saturday and his dyno overlay with Busa`s was Identical.. The customer emailed a few board memebers and just loves all the power his car has now.. He bought this 06 -s65 brand new and is also looking at a Sl65 Black series (new)!

I will be happy to post all my dynos from this dyno ( a year now) and the other dynos I have used on my car.. This is the most consistent dyno I have ever used and that makes it great for tuning. I always post all my information, my mods, DIY, money saving ideas, and details on my car. I also keep my mods in my signature.

When it stops raining here and front comes in, all these cars will be hitting the track. With the best track in the country, the troll fun will really be good..lol Many of the top Racers in Houston (in recent months) have aquired (55`s,600`s and 65`s) and been modding the ****avos out of their cars over the last few months.. Be assured, track times will come soon. Keyboard warrior`s will be coming out of the woodwork then..I can`t wait!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-26-2009, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy Camaro
Here is a dyno graph from a SL55 that was at the Dyno Day. This is a bone stock SL55.

Graph shows baseline and I believe a Stage 1 tune. Dyno numbers are spot on for this car before and after.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Banned

CL55
Looks like I missed all the fun, looks like therickers flame was quickly extinguished...

Blazeone what's the eta for your new tune and dyno runs?
Old 10-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Dsmed
I'm having a hard time believing that with all these v12 cars that were recently dyno tuned by Eurocharged, none have gotten track numbers yet. Dyno numbers don't mean sh*t. I wanna see mph with no exuses like bad DA, etc. Maybe we should arange for some side by side runs in Mexico with some of these dyno monsters. I'll bring the camcorder.
+1. I am hitting the track this friday but the tune is not the only thing changed so I dunno if we can really draw any conclusions from it.
Originally Posted by bassn_07
+1

Here's my take on these things. No matter what you do, whether it's great dyno number or track numbers there will always be naysayers. When I first posted my dyno numbers from a DD I had many people having a hard believing it. Okay, not a big deal because anyone who knows me knows that I track my car. I take my car to the track and run some great times. Now I have people telling me it's because of the track...LOL! I even drove 8 hours to race in 105 degree weather in 4500-4700 DA during the time of my pass. I broke every single E55 record on that track in the worse conditions I ever raced in. My ET's were 11.6 and 123 with the previous trap speed record at 119. I'm tired of trying to prove crap to anyone, I really just don't care anymore. I love doing what I do....racing my car. In the end there will always be people trying to bring others down, whether it jealousy or just ***** stirrers.

Bottom line....screw the naysayers and as long as your happy with your results that's all that should matter. I'm very happy with the performance of my car and I'll continue racing my car at my so called "countries fastest track" LOL!!!!

BTW...the numbers look very impressive! I look forward to hearing some track times .
Agreed 100%. The track says it all. There are ALWAYS haters that make up excuses, even for track runs.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Took me a second to figure out what your troll post was about but its the Torque #`s.. haha.. There seems to be a mis-understanding over what the adjustment was on Kurt`s Mustang dyno.. The Adjustment was only made for the V12 engines (3 to date) 2-65`s and a baseline on a 07-SL600. For obvious reasons and per request of the customers, (not the tuners) to NOT break open their wire harness to tap a coil or plug wire.. That means the Torque reading only had to be set by the rollers (not spark), like an intertia dyno (DJ).. I personally ran the S65 on the dyno and helped calibrate the rollers to 4000 rpm and 3000 rpm . This means, I sat in the car and held the rpm @4000 (mid TQ range) to set it with the dyno RPM. I then made the pulls on this car and the SL600. As far as all the 55 cars and V12 HP numbers, they are all read off the rollers. There was a stock Sl55 there and Kurt can post his numbers. They are dead on with other Stock 55`s and he only had a tune done. Picked up 25hp and 25tq, as I recall.

There was another 55 car there with every bolt on , including no cats, LT`s and 82mm TB. This car was in the 550-570 hp range and low 600 TQ, just like the other ALL-BOLT on cars around the country..

I stayed and watched Busa196 tune his S65 via internet from Jerry in Chicago (few months back).. Took a long time and like 17 pulls a few months back. Busa196 , has also raced for years and used all the dynos in Houston., He and I both agree that this is by far the best dyno for tuning around. We all saw they money he had spent with other tuners for no gains but Jerry @ LET took care of that in a huge way.. His words are" my car feels like a F16 fighter leaving a carrier..lol

The other S65 was there this weekend and had paid a MB dealer in Houston 10K for Renntech tune and felt or saw no gains at the track! 8 months now, he is still trying to get his money back. Jerry tuned this car Saturday and his dyno overlay with Busa`s was Identical.. The customer emailed a few board memebers and just loves all the power his car has now.. He bought this 06 -s65 brand new and is also looking at a Sl65 Black series (new)!

I will be happy to post all my dynos from this dyno ( a year now) and the other dynos I have used on my car.. This is the most consistent dyno I have ever used and that makes it great for tuning. I always post all my information, my mods, DIY, money saving ideas, and details on my car. I also keep my mods in my signature.

When it stops raining here and front comes in, all these cars will be hitting the track. With the best track in the country, the troll fun will really be good..lol Many of the top Racers in Houston (in recent months) have aquired (55`s,600`s and 65`s) and been modding the ****avos out of their cars over the last few months.. Be assured, track times will come soon. Keyboard warrior`s will be coming out of the woodwork then..I can`t wait!
Exoticmetal rebuilt CL55, This is part of the problem I have w/these puffed up dyno results, 1 hand you say it's a tuning tool & to only look @ the gains under the curve. Then you aggressively defend this Mustang Dyno needs special driving & could show 100 rwtq spikes

TQ numbers can be affected by more factors than HP. One, depends on what RPM you stab the car.. This can show 100 more TQ alone.. It is damn tricky to stab these cars under 2500 rpm needed to hit peak TQ numbers. It can be done but takes know-how..
But when Blazeone asked Kurt the owner this time out, Kurt admitted that his Mustang Dyno has indeed been set all along to read higher #'s like DynoJets, (tho in this case much higher)

Originally Posted by blazeone
This isn't my first rodeo, yes the loading bearing Mustangs normally read about 20% less than a DJ.

I asked the operator about this and he stated he had the dyno set up to emulate a DJ "regarding #'s". Other than that you'll have to ask Jerry.
Your gushing on here like a school girl over Busa's #'s "on a Mustang Dyno Ohh my"
Wow! It was well worth the drive and time to see 583rwhp/842rwtq ! I know there were a lot of big HP gear heads stopping by and no doubt all were in Awe over the power this luxury AMG was putting out on a Mustang dyno. So quiet yet so deadly!
Congrats! Had a blast.
Pre-Post baselines & tunes are heavily skewed past the highest DynoJet readings, there are now (2) S65's tuned on this MD set to read @ Lunar gravity levels. 583 rwhp & 842 rwtq is just from tuned ONLY S65 running 93 octane.

There just isn't 177 odd RWTQ to be gained by adding ONLY 2-3 PSI over Busa's old tune that was set to 22 PSI in his earlier posts, remember the Roger V. S65 ECU airbox/HE upgrades by RENNtech? it ran 11.06 @ 128.7 mph it dyno'd on DynoJet @ 610 rwhp 720 rwtq on 105 OCTANE TUNE
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-10181.html

Doubt the 105 Octane tune? look @ the Dyno in link, AFR's are in high 13's no way that S65 is on anything less than 105 octane...

I don't care nor did I ever comment on the 55k baselines or tunes, just the 65/600 results are in question/hyped/flawed...

Last edited by Thericker; 10-26-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:10 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
This is part of the problem I have w/these puffed up dyno results, 1 hand you say it's a tuning tool & to only look @ the gains under the curve. Then you aggressively defend this Mustang Dyno needs special driving & could show 100 rwtq spikes
Your making up words here or have a reading problem.. You are one funny dude! Defending the dyno as a tool yes but special driving on a mustang dyno comment is your own attention deficit words. I said these cars need to be stabbed at the right RPM on any dyno to read PEAK torque? Have you ever been on a dyno? From reading your post, you have more DYNO ENVY than anyone on this board..

You call peak Torque a Spike??? Come on Rickter, I hope you have more to bring to this forum than that buddy.. I bet 90% of the members know that and can see through your envy.. Look at your post, you live vicariously through others efforts on this forum ,, just so you can sell used cars.. Sneaky dude!

You get the fastest dyno envy award for MB world! Congrats, you just passed up the Cobalt car dudes on envy!

This is a must read by therickter https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...odynamics.html

Holly crap ,, you have more bows in this post to Eurocharged gains than a terrorist does to Binladen.. I think we call that getting on yor knees for lip service in America..lol Damn you a funny dude!

There just isn't 177 odd RWTQ to be gained by adding ONLY 2-3 PSI over Busa's old tune that was set to 22 PSI in his earlier posts, remember the Roger V. S65 ECU airbox/HE upgrades by RENNtech? it ran 11.06 @ 128.7 mph it dyno'd on DynoJet @ 610 rwhp 720 rwtq on 105 OCTANE TUNE
Again , lack of tuning knowledge and understanding of forced induction power gains.. You say there is not 177 to be gained but in your post from the widow maker dyno above, you talk about 180 ft. lbs of TQ gained. Of course on your dyno it a ball breaking widow maker but on others it can`t happen..

Originally Posted by TheRicker
Eurocharged/LET latest S600 ECU results on TRUE Widowmaker-Dynodynamics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eurocharged tuned my Beast

Forget peak#'s this DD is Stiletto Heal in ANY mans heart 370 RWHP 505 RWTO STOCK OUCH

POST ECU 428 RWHP & get this 680 RWTO gains are nearly 60 RWHP 180 RWTO
I think we would call this hypocritical! lol Again, you a funny dude.. LMAOFWBCOMN!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-26-2009, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Your making up words here or have a reading problem.. You are one funny dude! Defending the dyno as a tool yes but special driving on a mustang dyno comment is your own attention deficit words. I said these cars need to be stabbed at the right RPM on any dyno to read PEAK torque? Have you ever been on a dyno? From reading your post, you have more DYNO ENVY than anyone on this board..

You call peak Torque a Spike??? Come on Rickter, I hope you have more to bring to this forum than that buddy.. I bet 90% of the members know that and can see through your envy.. Look at your post, you live vicariously through others efforts on this forum ,, just so you can sell used cars.. Sneaky dude!

You get the fastest dyno envy award for MB world! Congrats, you just passed up the Cobalt car dudes on envy!

This is a must read by therickter https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...odynamics.html

Holly crap ,, you have more bows in this post to Eurocharged gains than a terrorist does to Binladen.. I think we call that getting on yor knees for lip service in America..lol Damn you a funny dude!

Again , lack of tuning knowledge and understanding of forced induction power gains.. You say there is not 177 to be gained but in your post from the widow maker dyno above, you talk about 180 ft. lbs of TQ gained. Of course on your dyno it a ball breaking widow maker but on others it can`t happen..

Originally Posted by TheRicker

I think we would call this hypocritical! lol Again, you a funny dude.. LMAOFWBCOMN!
You're so misinformed it's pathetic "Where did you get the idea I sell cars?" I do custom Airbrush work, have done so for 15+ yrs, maybe you could pay me to airbrush pink flames on your re-built CL55

As for my old posts on Jerry's tune on another members S600, it was done on a supposedly VERY well respected Dynodynamics in Chicago, NOT Kurts backwater treadmill you klowns have been gawking over

Admittedly I was fooled by Jerry's early attempts on S600's, & offered a FREE tune from him, but these latest results pushed me away from even a FREE tune...

Your lack of knowledge on differences between 600/65 shine thru here...
Stock the 600's run avg 14 PSI where the 65 is @ 19-20 PSI, is it coming into focus yet Dorthy? There's much more tuning room left on the table in 600's vs 65's in STOCK form I.E. ECU only both can be tuned to a safe 20-22 PSI in otherwise stock platforms...Busa's S65 is set to run @ 25 peak PSI w/NO cooling mods can you say POP! Kaboom? Re-build time? That's right you know everything

Last edited by Thericker; 10-26-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:49 PM

2010 E350

But when Blazeone asked Kurt the owner this time out, Kurt admitted that his Mustang Dyno has indeed been set all along to read higher #'s like DynoJets, (tho in this case much higher)
You make it sound like Kurt was confessing. You are a joke You sound like an ex-wife of mine always changing a simple statement for the sake of an argument.

Now one more time real slow for you, HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER DID YOUR 2005 BLACK SL600 MAKE ON THE DYNO? Let's see you stated 475-500rwhp? and your mod's are what? some home made hack job on your intake and exhaust and icing the intake?

So in closing you can't fathom another SL600 which is no doubt faster than yours pulling 484rwhp in idea DA. BTW even using the SAE correction cars will post better numbers in good DA.

I talked today to another tuner in Houston that just opened there new larger facilty. They specialize in Corvettes and have installed a new Dyno Dymanics dyno.

He stated they have calibrated their dyno to read like a DynoJet also because all of the customers want to see big "DJ" numbers. He stated as everyone knows it's the delta that matters not the #'s.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320cdi, F250dsl.
Since you guys like Dyno numbers. Here's a nice one. After couple hours on dyno with 825 kit and 93 octane. Still a bit of work left, to smooth out the power band and probally some more hp to come.

I see a 10 sec. slip coming
Old 10-26-2009, 09:01 PM

Chevy Camaro
Until someone can actually get a tach signal from the V12 it will hard to have hard numbers. I think I know were to get it but nobody wants to cut up the $1000+ harness to get to the coil wire.

That is why you have to get consistent baseline number and then use that to see what you gain with the tune.

All this has been said in numerous post and knows that.

Because of the way you have to run the V12 on a DJ/DD/MD you can have high or low torque numbers because of converter flash/transmission/tires/ and other driveline phenomina - some dynos may read highers than other, it can also depend on how you ramp into the throttle.

But you have to remember a DYNO IS A TUNING TOOL. So you can see your gains.

I'm sure blazeone will post up his graphs when he gets re-dynoed in Houston on a DD. And I'm sure there will be some difference in tq numbers but he will do a baseline run and a tune run to see what his gains.

Question - thericker - if all the other cars baseline exactly where they should before and after tuning, why are you stuck on the 600/65 numbers. bad case of Dynoenvy. You just need to get over the numbers and look at the gains over the cars baseline. There are happy and stingy dyno all over the US, that is why everyone goes to the track to really see the results. Blazeone and Busa196 are suppose to go next week. Also my dyno gave the same exact numbers on Busa196 car when compared to 2 other dyno shops in Houston. What is your deal?

Bring your car to Texas and I'll throw your car on for free - to show you how to properly dyno these cars.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:04 PM

CL65
"Dyno Envy"....lol That's funny. In my experience, only women envy totally meaningless and useless items, like say......... diamonds. They're great to look at, but mean nothing. Just like peak dyno numbers.

BTW, how much boost are these 65 cars hitting at peak boost/torque?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:05 PM

2010 E350
Hey 'thericker" your car had what hp when stock, hum let's see how about 493hp and 590tq. My 2007 is spec'ed stock at 510hp and 612tq. And you admitted that your straight pipe hack lost you 1.5psi of boost but it sounds better.

No wonder your panties are in a wad.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Since you guys like Dyno numbers. Here's a nice one. After couple hours on dyno with 825 kit and 93 octane. Still a bit of work left, to smooth out the power band and probally some more hp to come.

I see a 10 sec. slip coming
Interesting how lower boost w/cooling mods makes power, shudder to think of Busa farting around in LET ecu'd S65 @ 25 PSI w/zero supporting mods. It's like nature you blind lemming followers will be dealt w/thru Natural Selection

Last edited by Thericker; 10-26-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:09 PM

ML320cdi, F250dsl.
Originally Posted by 98aggie
Until someone can actually get a tach signal from the V12 it will hard to have hard numbers. I think I know were to get it but nobody wants to cut up the $1000+ harness to get to the coil wire.

That is why you have to get consistent baseline number and then use that to see what you gain with the tune.

All this has been said in numerous post and knows that.

Because of the way you have to run the V12 on a DJ/DD/MD you can have high or low torque numbers because of converter flash/transmission/tires/ and other driveline phenomina - some dynos may read highers than other, it can also depend on how you ramp into the throttle.

But you have to remember a DYNO IS A TUNING TOOL. So you can see your gains.

I'm sure blazeone will post up his graphs when he gets re-dynoed in Houston on a DD. And I'm sure there will be some difference in tq numbers but he will do a baseline run and a tune run to see what his gains.

Question - thericker - if all the other cars baseline exactly where they should before and after tuning, why are you stuck on the 600/65 numbers. bad case of Dynoenvy. You just need to get over the numbers and look at the gains over the cars baseline. There are happy and stingy dyno all over the US, that is why everyone goes to the track to really see the results. Blazeone and Busa196 are suppose to go next week. Also my dyno gave the same exact numbers on Busa196 car when compared to 2 other dyno shops in Houston. What is your deal?

Bring your car to Texas and I'll throw your car on for free - to show you how to properly dyno these cars.
Here is a link to a proper dyno of one of these v12 cars with a rpm pick up.
CPT also knows how to get a rpm pickup without cutting any wires.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OS5gDneq0A
Old 10-26-2009, 09:21 PM

Chevy Camaro
Here is a link to a proper dyno of one of these v12 cars with a rpm pick up.
CPT also knows how to get a rpm pickup without cutting any wires.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OS5gDneq0A
I can't tell where that wire goes in the engine bay. But the graph only showed HP - typical for DJ when they don't have a tach signal.

BUT

I you know what are they using so you can spread the word. Because must shops have inductive pick ups (Spark plug wire) and Tach Sensor (coil wire) or Optical Sensor (Front Crank pulley). I have all of these -

You cant get to the first 2 to hook up on a V12 and the optical sensor is just a Pain in the ****.

I normally do Chevy/Ford/Dodge stuff on my dyno - I just started to get MB on it. I know some have tried using the injector wire to get a signal, I think you can pull it from the OBDII port, but not sure on the MB.

So let me know and if the 600/65 want to drive back to Victoria. I'll re-dyno them for free.

Last edited by 98aggie; 10-26-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:23 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
I do custom Airbrush work, have done so for 15+ yrs, maybe you could pay me to airbrush pink flames on your re-built CL55
Shame , shame! making fun of breast cancer now, during the respected month of such a horrible disease!

The used car sales comment was to see if you would take the bait and guess what ,, you did.. Very clear you breath way to many paint fumes..

Blazone and Busa will set new records, while you sit back with NO DYNO and NO TUNE Envy.. That sucks we are having all the fun without you!

Not going to teach you about boost but there is a little thing called a wastegate. Open gate=no boost and closed gate = full boost potential..

If you really understood turbo dynos, you would see where and how the power is made...

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 10-26-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
Just a thought. Maybe AMG purposely detuned these 600s and 65s for more longevity/reliability out of the rest of the drivetrain??? AMG has to make production cars that have reasonable reliability. Anyone that mods for performance knows they are taking a chance with reliability/longevity.

Maybe C&D got this from AMG "Torque is still limited to 738 pound-feet to spare the life of the five-speed automatic transmission."

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review

Maybe MT heard this from AMG as well?
"The resulting 6.0-liter monster produces so much torque, AMG uses an electronic limiter to keep the madness in check."..."The superb Mercedes seven-speed automatic simply can't handle even the "limited" 738 pound-feet, so the Black Series gets the stouter five-speed auto with paddle shifters."

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ive/index.html

I've heard from more than one MB Tech that AMG limited the torque on the E63 for the same reasons.

Is it any wonder that 737ft*lbs of torque equates to the remarkably even of 1000Nm? (Ok it's 737.56 but that's why you see it reported as 737 and 738.) Maybe the internals were designed and rated to 1000Nm's and just removing this limit opens up the true potential torque of the massive twin turbo engines?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:35 PM

CL65
Shame , shame! making fun of breast cancer now, during the respected month of sush a horrible disease!

Shame , shame! making fun of breast cancer now, during the respected month of sush a horrible disease!

The used car sales comment was to see if you would take the bait and guess what ,, you did.. Very clear you breath way to many paint fumes..

Blazone and Busa will set new records, while you sit back with NO DYNO and NO TUNE Envy.. That sucks we are having all the fun without you!

Not going to teach you about boost but there is a little thing called a wastegate. Open gate=no boost and closed gate = full boost potential..

If you really understood turbo dynos, you would see where and how the power is made...
A tune only 65 will not hit 25 psi even if the vacuum line that opens the wastegate is disconnected. There is a way to adjust the actuator, but I haven't tried that yet.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:36 PM

ML320cdi, F250dsl.
I can't tell where that wire goes in the engine bay. But the graph only showed HP - typical for DJ when they don't have a tach signal.

BUT

I you know what are they using so you can spread the word. Because must shops have inductive pick ups (Spark plug wire) and Tach Sensor (coil wire) or Optical Sensor (Front Crank pulley). I have all of these -

You cant get to the first 2 to hook up on a V12 and the optical sensor is just a Pain in the ****.

I normally do Chevy/Ford/Dodge stuff on my dyno - I just started to get MB on it. I know some have tried using the injector wire to get a signal, I think you can pull it from the OBDII port, but not sure on the MB.

So let me know and if the 600/65 want to drive back to Victoria. I'll re-dyno them for free.
The wire was rpm pickup. The graph shows torque reading from engine rpm. We got rpm pickup from injector harness. Made an adapter so no cutting required.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:08 PM

Chevy Camaro
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
A tune only 65 will not hit 25 psi even if the vacuum line that opens the wastegate is disconnected. There is a way to adjust the actuator, but I haven't tried that yet.
Where did 25psi come from? I thought 18-20 was stock and 22 was max on the 65. Hey Marko can you update your sig I think SW went 7.91@189 in six speed supra

The wire was rpm pickup. The graph shows torque reading from engine rpm. We got rpm pickup from injector harness. Made an adapter so no cutting required.
Any details - pics, easy to get to? I assume it works the same as the tach sensor on the coil wire? I have the one from ATI smart Tach
Old 10-26-2009, 10:17 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Where did 25psi come from? I thought 18-20 was stock and 22 was max on the 65. Hey Marko can you update your sig I think SW went 7.91@189 in six speed supra
Look at the dyno sheets and study power graphs.. 25psi is the Rickster, parroting some other post on some other section for confusion. Don`t shoot me yet

+1. That was a while back too.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 10-26-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:19 PM

CL65
Hey Marko can you update your sig I think SW went 7.91@189 in six speed supra
I know he did. However, his car doesn't fit my definition of "street". No need to update sig, but thanks for asking.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:26 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
I know he did. However, his car doesn't fit my definition of "street". No need to update sig, but thanks for asking.
Marko, no offense but have to laugh a little.. I think definition is what this whole festival of post is about..lol Dyno definition..

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-26-2009, 10:43 PM

CL65
Marko, no offense but have to laugh a little.. I think definition is what this whole festival of post is about..lol Dyno definition..
We all have our opinions and we all do our best to keep apples to apples whenever we can. Some people think every fruit is an apple.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Banned

S55
You're so misinformed it's pathetic "Where did you get the idea I sell cars?" I do custom Airbrush work, have done so for 15+ yrs, maybe you could pay me to airbrush pink flames on your re-built CL55

As for my old posts on Jerry's tune on another members S600, it was done on a supposedly VERY well respected Dynodynamics in Chicago, NOT Kurts backwater treadmill you klowns have been gawking over

Admittedly I was fooled by Jerry's early attempts on S600's, & offered a FREE tune from him, but these latest results pushed me away from even a FREE tune...

Your lack of knowledge on differences between 600/65 shine thru here...

Stock the 600's run avg 14 PSI where the 65 is @ 19-20 PSI, is it coming into focus yet Dorthy? There's much more tuning room left on the table in 600's vs 65's in STOCK form I.E. ECU only both can be tuned to a safe 20-22 PSI in otherwise stock platforms...Busa's S65 is set to run @ 25 peak PSI w/NO cooling mods can you say POP! Kaboom? Re-build time? That's right you know everything

Dude - you've got some big ones.. undoubtedly airbrushed for added size since that's what you do for a living.. Really an airbrush artist, you say that with such pride... what degree do you have to have for that??

I would pay money to see you come to Texas and face Busa, Aggie and Exotic face to face. Insulting them and their intelligence is stupid at best and considering they are 6'8, 6'7, and 6'6 respectively you may rethink who you are antagonizing.

Aggie is a chemical engineer with a passion for cars, no one is fawning over his dyno- he actually has what is known as earned RESPECT for both his knowledge and integrity.. His garage is full of insane project cars that he designs and wrenches himself -all of which would blow your rides away under any measurement method.

While everyone here is trying to learn from others experiences and results - it's called cooperative effort btw- you are wasting this thread with your obnoxious trolling- are we going to have to put up with your contradictory bs when everyone posts their results from the track too?? Did you get kicked off the vette forums so you came here to troll where the members are alot more tolerant??

The bottom line is go away and come back when you can contribute something worthwhile and with some merit not by copying and pasting everyone else's work.. Remind us what your dyno numbers or track times are again??

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Houston / Austin / San Antonio Dyno Day – October 24th